PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone,



Wilma_Hum
11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I was talking to my dad the other day about Islam and Muslims. His advice to me was if I wanted to know how Muslims think and feels, this was a good place to start.

He said this forum had lots of members from all walks of life and all religions.
And that all in all it was quite active and quite informative.

So here I am.
Wila
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
welcome...who's ur father by the way...i might know him
Reply

Olive
11-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

Hope your knowledge of Islam deepens here. :)
Reply

yasin ibn Ahmad
11-26-2008, 09:26 PM
We r very pleased to have you here
Welcome aboard :D
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
'Abdul Rahmaan
11-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Welcome sister! Glad to have you here. :)
Reply

syilla
11-27-2008, 05:57 AM
hi...welcome...have a beneficial stay.

who is your father? btw is nice of him to ask you to come here :)
Reply

glo
11-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Welcome to LI, Wilma

Like the others I too am curious as to who your father is ... clearly somebody who knows LI quite well! Will you share your secret with us?? :)

This certainly is a good place to find out about Islam and Muslims - although I am not entirely sure that the opinions voiced in LI are always representative of the Muslim voice as a whole.

Peace
Reply

Wilma_Hum
11-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Welcome to LI, Wilma

Like the others I too am curious as to who your father is ... clearly somebody who knows LI quite well! Will you share your secret with us?? :)

This certainly is a good place to find out about Islam and Muslims - although I am not entirely sure that the opinions voiced in LI are always representative of the Muslim voice as a whole.

Peace
Glo and all, thanks for your kind welcomes.

Glo, I just got off the phone with Dad, wanted to get a call in before all goes crazy with Thanksgiving. He remembers you well and you already knows who he is. He had very nice things to say about you.
But he didn't remember J.U.N.I.O.R

But again,
Thanks everyone
Wilma
Reply

glo
11-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Wilma

Seems to me you like riddles!! :D

Thanksgiving, eh?? American then ...
American guy with (? grown-up) daughter, who has nice things to say about me ... I guess that narrows it down ... :D

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! And give my best to your dad. :)
Reply

Abu Ilyas
11-27-2008, 06:52 PM
:welcome: to LI, I hope you have a beneficial stay Insha'Allah.
Reply

alcurad
11-27-2008, 06:59 PM
hello, and welcome. nice name you have :)
Reply

Ar-RaYYan
11-27-2008, 11:57 PM
WELCOME WILMA!!:D
hope this forum will be useful and enjoyable experience for you :)


Originally Posted by glo
Hi Wilma

Seems to me you like riddles!! :D

Thanksgiving, eh?? American then ...
American guy with (? grown-up) daughter, who has nice things to say about me ... I guess that narrows it down ... :D

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! And give my best to your dad. :)
so who do you think it might be glo?
Reply

Re.TiReD
11-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi Wilmahum!

Your name sounds veryyy familiar, far too familiar in fact :p

Hope u have a great stay here

Peace Ooooot :p
Reply

kwolney01
11-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the forum!! :D

You came to the right place!! I hope you find everything useful. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!

Enjoy!
Reply

Güven
11-28-2008, 11:51 PM
:salamext:


Welcome to the Forum I hope you have a very enjoyable and beneficial stay in here !
Reply

Cabdullahi
11-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Wilma_Hum
Glo and all, thanks for your kind welcomes.

Glo, I just got off the phone with Dad, wanted to get a call in before all goes crazy with Thanksgiving. He remembers you well and you already knows who he is. He had very nice things to say about you.
''But he didn't remember J.U.N.I.O.R''

But again,
Thanks everyone
Wilma
^ what's that supposed to mean?
Reply

Wilma_Hum
11-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
^ what's that supposed to mean?
??????????????
What in the world do you think it means?
It means my dad doesn't remember you.
Reply

Al-Zaara
11-30-2008, 04:02 PM
^ Haha ;D

Ooh interesting, I guess I know who this father could be!

But I have to ask, out of curiousity - Does your Dad remember me? I doubt that, though.
I hope we'll get to know each other better if you become active and I remember to post my thoughts!

Have a nice stay, Wilma!
Reply

Danah
11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
welcome Wilma_Hum :p

hope you will enjoy your stay here :p
Reply

Soulja Girl
11-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Hello :D

Welcome to LI, hope you have an awesomeee tiimeee hereee... :D

Peace out...
Reply

Cabdullahi
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Wilma_Hum
??????????????
What in the world do you think it means?
It means my dad doesn't remember you.
thats good
Reply

جوري
12-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by wilberhum


is that you little wilma? you are all growed up?
Reply

alcurad
12-01-2008, 01:23 AM
so cute and squishy..:)
now I'm nostalgic
Reply

syilla
12-01-2008, 02:13 AM
i tot so is him...

i've been in LI 'only' a few years (i'm still young)...how come she is all grown up.

Please invite your father in. InshaAllah
Reply

Wilma_Hum
12-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
is that you little wilma? you are all growed up?
Wow, so you remember dad. Yep that's him in his home in Seattle.

So now you all know. (But you all really already knew)

But me? I don’t think so; Dad is a little old to have an 18 mo old. And his wife was past “the age” when they got married. That is his grandson, my nephew. I'm dad's oldest. That is the first son of my little sister. She now has two.
Yep, dad has two grandsons and a step granddaughter.

I am assuming you are the one that gave me the red mark.
If true why? Did you hate dad?
Reply

جوري
12-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Wilma_Hum
Wow, so you remember dad. Yep that's him in his home in Seattle.

So now you all know. (But you all really already knew)

But me? I don’t think so; Dad is a little old to have an 18 mo old. And his wife was past “the age” when they got married. That is his grandson, my nephew. I'm dad's oldest. That is the first son of my little sister. She now has two.
Yep, dad has two grandsons and a step granddaughter.

I am assuming you are the one that gave me the red mark.
If true why? Did you hate dad?
you assume wrong, if I had given you a 'red mark' you'd have been at -44--
other than that the only logical conclusion is someone is displeased with a post you've made? I don't see how a red mark means someone hates your dad? further, is it normal to expend so much emotion on a forum? I have noticed from several of your posts that a central theme is 'hate' I assure you there is a gamut of emotions and opinions in between before such an measure? Having a strong opinion about an issue doesn't equal hatred.. I hope you can stratify things in your own mind before presumptively concluding something that obviousely exists only in your head!


cheers
Reply

Wilma_Hum
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
you assume wrong, if I had given you a 'red mark' you'd have been at -44--
other than that the only logical conclusion is someone is displeased with a post you've made? I don't see how a red mark means someone hates your dad? further, is it normal to expend so much emotion on a forum? I have noticed from several of your posts that a central theme is 'hate' I assure you there is a gamut of emotions and opinions in between before such an measure? Having a strong opinion about an issue doesn't equal hatred.. I hope you can stratify things in your own mind before presumptively concluding something that obviousely exists only in your head!


cheers
Well I guess I assumed wrong. First time this week. :-[

It is clear to me that MANY are displeased with what I post.
As far as what level of emotion is normal on a forum, I have no idea. This is the first forum I have participated in. But I have seen a lot of emotion in the attacks against me.
But saying that sever of my posts have a central theme of hate, I find that totally unfounded.
Would you please pick out my hate messages? I would find that interesting.

You assure me that there is a gamut of emotions and opinions? Well I have a lot of opinions, doesn’t everyone? You seam to have a share and a half of them. But emotions? As a woman who has seen discrimination far too often, I am passionate about equality.
I think that is about the only thing that I’m more emotional about than the average person.
But it is not “Obviously in my head” when people attack with implications I never stated.

I do find it interesting that you think you have acquired some great insight to me from 23 posts.
I think you have made you first wrong assumption of the week. :-[
Reply

جوري
12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
hate theme(d) denotes that in lieu of concentrating on the issue at hand you'd rather resolve that one feels a particular manner on a subject out of hate rather than reason..
your homosexual post was one..
surely you must have heard of hate the sin, not the sinner?..
I don't want to derange your introductory post into a debate, but hopefully you get the gist---
I don't know what you mean of 'equality' or 'discrimination' and certainly don't want to protract the course of this more than needs be..

for 23 posts you have 58 positive reps.. which leads me to conclude not all is displeased with you, as you yourself believe?

cheers
Reply

Wilma_Hum
12-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
hate theme(d) denotes that in lieu of concentrating on the issue at hand you'd rather resolve that one feels a particular manner on a subject out of hate rather than reason..
your homosexual post was one..
surely you must have heard of hate the sin, not the sinner?..
I don't want to derange your introductory post into a debate, but hopefully you get the gist---
I don't know what you mean of 'equality' or 'discrimination' and certainly don't want to protract the course of this more than needs be..

for 23 posts you have 58 positive reps.. which leads me to conclude not all is displeased with you, as you yourself believe?

cheers
What you say leads me to believe that you are concerned about why people hate. The reason someone chooses to hate a group, any group, is valueless. The fact that one hates a group tells me all I need to know about the person. If you find hate in wanting people to have equal rights, then I’m has hateful as they come.
But then you conclude you post with distorting what I said. That seams to be a common practice around here.

Well lunch is over, now it is time to get back to working.

I will probably be back tomorrow.
Reply

جوري
12-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Wilma_Hum
What you say leads me to believe that you are concerned about why people hate.
I really don't understand how you could have drawn that conclusion from anything I have written?

The reason someone chooses to hate a group, any group, is valueless.
Again-- no one here hates anyone.. I think you have missed the point of the post entirely

The fact that one hates a group tells me all I need to know about the person. If you find hate in wanting people to have equal rights, then I’m has hateful as they come.
I beg your pardon? again, I am not sure what this has to do with anything written?

But then you conclude you post with distorting what I said. That seams to be a common practice around here.
Where is the distortion?

Well lunch is over, now it is time to get back to working.

I will probably be back tomorrow.
good to know..


cheers
Reply

Z-Blade
12-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the forum. Yeah its a late welcome but what's a intro thread without my welcome eh?!

Peace out.
Reply

transition?
12-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Hello Wilma_hum,

I hope you'll not only find the forum informative, but the social atmosphere pleasant. We are all people sitting behind these screens.

Transition
Reply

Wilma_Hum
12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks to all of you have been so nice.

One thing that puzzles me. The comments in "Latest Reputation Received" are quite interesting. What I find sad is I have no way of knowing who they are from.

When/If I become a full member, will I be able to see who posted them?
Reply

Na7lah
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wilma_Hum
Thanks to all of you have been so nice.

One thing that puzzles me. The comments in "Latest Reputation Received" are quite interesting. What I find sad is I have no way of knowing who they are from.

When/If I become a full member, will I be able to see who posted them?
yes you will be able to inshallah
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Thread closed.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!