/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to do hijab

anonymous
11-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Since becoming closer to Islam I pray 5 times a day and I also want to start hijab. For a few months now I have been thinking that I will start hijab but when it comes to the crunch I back out. I have done it twice on various days. Do you think its okay to just do it occasionally to try to get used to it?
I want to do it but I dont think I'm ready.
What can you tell me that will make me want to do hijab.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
11-27-2008, 08:02 PM
A step in the right direction is better than no step at all.

If you do it sometimes it is still better than not doing it.

One thing I have learnt is that eeman is like a seed. It takes time and nurturing to grow into a tree.

So nurture your eeman and give it time to grow in a healthy way.

Best of luck sis :)

SixTen
11-27-2008, 08:37 PM
As brother Hamayun has rightly said, it could take time to get used to it - especially if you arn't brought up in the environment - it could seem the most alien thing in the world.

Faith.
11-27-2008, 08:48 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Since becoming closer to Islam I pray 5 times a day and I also want to start hijab. For a few months now I have been thinking that I will start hijab but when it comes to the crunch I back out. I have done it twice on various days. Do you think its okay to just do it occasionally to try to get used to it?
^That exactly how Ive been feeling lately...I just think to my self if I really want to start wearing hijab then why don't I?

But then something pulls me back and I then I think to myself yeah when I start collage inshallah i'll wear one, Cause its a fresh new start...

Inshallah may Allah give you the strenth to start wearing one,....
Just keep practicing wearing one so you get used to it,
even if it's just around the house.:statisfie

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
11-27-2008, 08:48 PM
ow nice sis mashaAllah. *smiles*

http://islamworld.net/docs/hijabvirtue.html

I started wearing my Hijab a year go. I was the first one to wear it in my family.
I did it because Allah swt ordered us to do so. Modesty is a branch of Imaan, n Hijab keeps us modest. We are also precious n Allah wants to protect us. So because its part of worship, u basically get rewards for it.

Of course we shud lower our gaze too n act dignified, so the way we act/behave is also part of hijab.*smiles*

U'll get use to it inshaAllah. Make dua!

IbnAbdulHakim
11-27-2008, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
As brother Hamayun has rightly said, it could take time to get used to it - especially if you arn't brought up in the environment - it could seem the most alien thing in the world.
hence that huge fat reward

grab that reward before the reward runs away

i can understand the huge leap it can seem for some people, so how about this? Take a step everyday, pretty soon it wont seem like a big deal :)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-28-2008, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
do it!!! do it now i tell you :p :D

whats makes you think your not ready :? theres no time like the present...what have ya got to loose:thumbs_up

all the best :)

ajnabee
11-28-2008, 07:09 PM

sister, the hijab was ordained for the muslim women so that it protects them from mens desires. u werent put on this earth for perverts to ogle at u, ur worth so much more than that. why would u want to be judged according to the way u look when u should be judged according to ur character and ur intellect?

with the hijab, u can be identified as a MUSLIMAH, and whats better than being recognised as a decent, moral, righteous, modest human being who is proud of her deen?

may allah grant u the strength and courage it takes to observe hijab.

ajnabee
11-28-2008, 07:23 PM

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allâh is Ever Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.

(Surah Ahzab - Verse 59)

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

(Surah Nur - Verse 31)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.