/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Best 10 days of your life!

Abu Muslim
11-28-2008, 01:41 AM
...at least for this year anwyay.

The Best Days of your life

Allah SWT says in Surah Hajj verse 28: That they may witness things that are of benefit to them, and mention the Name of Allah on appointed days ..
As ya all know, the 10 days of dhul hijjah are upon us, starting today. Everyone knows about Dhul Hijjah and how they are important and how Hajj was performed and for some reason millions of people just happen to all meet at the same place every year and seem to walk around a lot..

But do we all actually realise how great these days really are?

These are the BEST 10 DAYS OF THE WHOLE YEAR, EVEN BETTER THAN RAMADAAN!* Out of 365 days in the year, these 10 are the best. You know how when ramadaan comes, we all feel an emaan boost and everyone suddenly becomes mr pious, well it should be like that in these 10 days to and if it doesnt feel like that, we have to recheck our emaan.

Ahmad and at-Tabarani record from Ibn 'Umar that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "There is no day more honorable in Allaah's sight and no acts more beloved therein to Allaah than those in these ten days. So say tahlil (There is no deity worthy of worship but Allaah : Laa ilaaha illallaah), takbir (Allaah is the greatest : Allaahu Akbar) and tahmid (All praise is due to Allaah : alhumdulillaah) a lot [on those days]." [MUSLIM]

Just like in ramadaan we fast, pray more, read more Quran, do more good deeds in general, likewise we should also try to do that in these 10 days insha'Allah. And many of our parents give qurbani back home or whatever, but we should also try if we can t give a sacrafice feesabililah, theres a great reward in it. And also a reminder to fast on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah, that would as fasting on this day wipes out our sins for 2 years, the year before and the year coming.

May Allah give us the ability to make the most of these ten days, to do more righteous deeds in these ten days, to accept our tawbah and our fasts and to let us live to see the next 10. Ameen.

* these 10 days are better than the last 10 days of ramadaan but the last 10 night if ramadaan are better as they contain laylatul qadr.

taken from Dhikrullah Blog

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
11-28-2008, 03:11 AM
tomorrow starting Dhul Hijjah, am i right?

BlissfullyJaded
11-28-2008, 04:50 AM
:sl:

^ I thinkk the 1st of Dhul Hijjah is Friday night. Allahu 'alam..

Jazakallah khair for sharing brother.

syilla
11-28-2008, 04:52 AM
oh yeah...in islam the day start from night. thanx. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_PakistaN_
11-28-2008, 06:24 AM
first time im reading about this

Abu Muslim
11-28-2008, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
tomorrow starting Dhul Hijjah, am i right?
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

^ I thinkk the 1st of Dhul Hijjah is Friday night. Allahu 'alam..

Jazakallah khair for sharing brother.
walaykum salaam. Im pretty certain it started on Thursday night [i.e Islamic day of Jumuah/Friday]..wa Allahu a3lam

be sensible
11-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Great post i wasnt that much aware of how important this 10 days are i heard some lecturer say sura Al fazr is good to read this 10 days it will benefit in the day of kiamat (soory about the spellings) I just wanted to know does anybody else knows any other suras we can read in this 10 days.

islamirama
11-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Virtues of 10 days of Dhul Hijjah

A Muslim has to seize every opportunity that could bring him closer to Allah. Among the special seasons of worship are the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah, which Allah has preferred over all the other days of the year. Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days." The people asked, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah?" He said, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out, giving himself and his wealth up for the cause (of Allah), and came back with nothing." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

The Sunnah indicates that the one who wants to offer a sacrifice must stop cutting his hair and nails and removing anything from his skin, from the beginning of the ten days until after he has offered his sacrifice, because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "When you see the new moon of Dhul-Hijjah, if any one of you wants to offer a sacrifice, then he should stop cutting his hair and nails until he has offered his sacrifice."

However, if a person does any of these things deliberately, he must seek Allah’s forgiveness but is not required to offer (an extra) sacrifice in expiation. Whoever needs to remove some hair, nails, etc., because it harms him, such as having a broken nail or a wound in a site where there is hair, should do so, and there is nothing wrong with that. Though the state of ihram is so important, it is permitted to cut one’s hair if leaving it will cause harm. There is nothing wrong with men or women washing their heads during the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) only forbade cutting the hair, not washing it.

If a person, having no previous plan to offer a sacrifice, cuts his hair or nails during the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah, then decides later, during the ten days, to offer a sacrifice, then he must refrain from cutting his hair and nails from the moment he makes this decision.

Some women are in the habit of delegating their brothers or sons to make the sacrifice on their behalf, thinking that this gives them permission to cut their hair during these ten days. This is not correct, because the ruling applies to the one who is offering the sacrifice, whether or not he (or she) delegates someone else to carry out the actual deed. The prohibition does not apply to the person delegated, only to the person who is making the sacrifice, as is indicated in the hadith. The person who is sacrificing on behalf of someone else, for whatever reason, does not have to adhere to this prohibition.

This prohibition appears to apply only to the one who is offering the sacrifice, not to his wife and children, unless any of them is offering a sacrifice in his or her own right, because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to sacrifice "on behalf of the family of Muhammad," but there are no reports that indicate that he forbade them from cutting their hair or nails at that time.

Concerning the types of worship to be performed during these ten days: one must understand that these days are a great blessing from Allah to His servants, which is appreciated properly by the righteous persons. It is the Muslim’s duty to appreciate this blessing and seize the opportunity, by devoting these ten days to paying more attention to striving hard in worship. Among His blessings to His servants, Allah has given us many ways in which to do good and worship Him, so that the Muslim may be constantly active and consistent in his worship of his Lord. Among the good deeds which the Muslim should strive to do during the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah are:
1- Fasting: It is Sunnah to fast on the ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) urged us to do good deeds during this time, and fasting is one of the best of deeds. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to fast on the ninth of Dhul-Hijjah. Hunaydah ibn Khalid quoted some of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: "The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to fast on the ninth of Dhul-Hijjah, on the day of `Ashurah, on three days of each month, and on the first two Mondays and Thursdays of each month." (Reported by An-Nisa'i, 4/205)

2- Takbir: It is Sunnah to say takbir, tahmid, tahlil, and tasbih during the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah, and to say it loudly in the mosque, the home, the street and every place where it is permitted to remember Allah and mention His name out loud, as an act of worship and as a proclamation of the greatness of Allah, may He be exalted. Men should recite these phrases out loud, and women should recite them quietly. Allah says: (That they might witness things that are of benefit to them (i.e., reward of Hajj in the Hereafter, and also some worldly gain from trade, etc.), and mention the name of Allah on appointed days, over the beast of cattle that He has provided for them (for sacrifice)... ) (Al-Hajj 22: 28) The majority of scholars agree that the "appointed days" are the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah, because of the words of ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him and his father): "The ‘appointed days’ are the first ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah)."

Takbir at this time is an aspect of the Sunnah that has been forgotten, especially during the early part of this period, so much so that one hardly ever hears takbir, except from a few people. This takbir should be pronounced loudly, in order to revive the Sunnah and as a reminder to the negligent. There is sound evidence that ibn `Umar and Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with them both) used to go out in the marketplace during the first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah, reciting takbir, and the people would recite it after him. The idea behind reminding the people to recite this is that each one should recite it individually, not in unison, as there is no basis in Shari`ah for doing this.

3- Performing Hajj and `Umrah: One of the best deeds that one can do during these ten days is to perform Hajj to the Sacred House of Allah. The one whom Allah helps to offer Hajj to His House and to perform all the rituals properly is included in the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him): "An accepted Hajj brings no less a reward than Paradise."

4- Doing more good deeds in general: This is because good deeds are beloved by Allah and earn one a great reward. Whoever is not able to offer Hajj should occupy himself at this blessed time with acts of worship, offering Prayers, reading the Qur’an, remembering Allah, making supplications, giving in charity, showing dutifulness to parents, maintaining the ties of kinship, enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, and other good deeds and acts of worship.

5- Sacrifice: One of the good deeds that will bring a person closer to Allah during these ten days is offering a sacrifice.

6- Sincere repentance: One of the most important things to do during these ten days is to repent sincerely to Allah and to give up all kinds of disobedience and sin.

More @ http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1699

Güven
11-28-2008, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Muslim
May Allah give us the ability to make the most of these ten days, to do more righteous deeds in these ten days, to accept our tawbah and our fasts and to let us live to see the next 10. Ameen.
:salamext:

Ameeeeen!

Zahida
11-28-2008, 09:10 PM
:sl: Thankyou as i was not aware of this. InshaAllah i will make the best of the next 10 days to come Allah willing....................

Let us also as Muslim Brothers and Sisters around the world unite and make dua for each other............. For Allah to shower us with His Blessings and Mercy. For Allah to show us Rehmat and for Allah to guide us and ease us of our troubles and anxieties.............Ameen Summ Ameen.:):w:

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 12:02 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

JazaKAllah khayr akhee! Long time no see

WassalamuAlaykum

Abu Muslim
11-29-2008, 06:38 PM
walaykum salaam wa rahmatullah
barakAllahu feekum. 2 days of the best days already gone..[gonna bump this for all 10 days]

format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum

JazaKAllah khayr akhee! Long time no see

WassalamuAlaykum
walaykum salaam, long time no read more like lol. Araa you have changed your name once again ukhtee. barakAllahu feeki.

Danah
11-29-2008, 06:43 PM
jazak allah khair for the reminding

we must work hard on these ten days, may allah accept our prayers and duaa....ameen

^..sTr!vEr..^
11-29-2008, 07:11 PM
jazakAllah for the reminder ...

Amaanah
11-29-2008, 09:21 PM
:thumbs_up
:amin:

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 09:23 PM
walaykum salaam, long time no read more like lol. Araa you have changed your name once again ukhtee. barakAllahu feeki.
AssalamuAlaykum

Wa Iyaak Insha'Allah. Na'am, once again...

WassalamuAlaykum

kwolney01
11-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for posting this!!

Jazak Allah Khair!

Abu Muslim
12-01-2008, 05:25 PM
barakAllahu feeki.

3 days gooneeeee

BlissfullyJaded
12-02-2008, 05:44 AM
walaykum salaam. Im pretty certain it started on Thursday night [i.e Islamic day of Jumuah/Friday]..wa Allahu a3lam

Only saw this now... But Saudi Arabia started it on Friday night, the night following the Jumuah salaah. Eid is on Monday for them as far as I know. If it had started on Thursday, Eid would be Sunday.

Abu Muslim
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Only saw this now... But Saudi Arabia started it on Friday night, the night following the Jumuah salaah. Eid is on Monday for them as far as I know. If it had started on Thursday, Eid would be Sunday.

walaykum salaam wa rahmatullah. Yep woopsy I did get it wrong. I was going by the IslamQA site which said had 1st Dhul Hijjah 1428 as their date in the top right of the page on thursday night which kinda confloosed me but ya correct you are ukhtee.

BlissfullyJaded
12-03-2008, 04:09 AM

Ah okay! Yeah I know that problem, the Islam QA and Arab News sites tend to confuse me too with their dating. :s

Abu Muslim
12-06-2008, 11:40 PM
1 more day *shock and horror*

Remember to fast tomorrow, 2 years worth of sinning wiped out by the mercy of Allah if he wills, wohoo.

islamirama
12-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Virtues of the Day of Arafaah

Praise be to Allaah.

1. It is the day on which the religion was perfected and Allaah’s Favour was completed.

In Al-Saheehayn it was reported from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a Jewish man said to him, “O Ameer al-Mu’mineen, there is an aayah in your Book which you recite; if it had come to us Jews, we would have taken that day as an ‘Eid (festival).” ‘Umar said, “Which aayah?” He said: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [al-Maa’idah 5:3 – interpretation of the meaning]. ‘Umar said, “We know on which day and in which place that was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It was when he was standing in ‘Arafaah on a Friday.”

2. It is a day of Eid for the people who are in that place.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Yawm ‘Arafaah (the day of ‘Arafaah), Yawm al-Nahr (the Day of Sacrifice) and Ayyaam al-Tashreeq (the 3 days following Yawm al-Nahr) are Eid (festival) for us, the people of Islam. These are days of eating and drinking.” This was narrated by the authors of al-Sunan. It was reported that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab said: “It – i.e., the aayah ‘This day I have perfected…’ was revealed on a Friday, the Day of ‘Arafaah, both of which – praise be to Allaah – are Eids for us.”

3. It is a day by which Allaah swore an oath.

The Almighty cannot swear by anything except that which is mighty. Yawm ‘Arafaah is the “witnessed day” mentioned in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“By the witnessing day [Friday] and by the witnessed day [the Day of ‘Arafaah].” [al-Burooj 85:3].

It was reported from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The promised day is the Day of Resurrection, the witnessed day is the Day of ‘Arafaah, and the witnessing day is Friday.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

It is the “odd” [i.e., odd-numbered, Witr] by which Allaah swore in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And by the even and the odd” [al-Fajr 89:3].

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The even is the Day of al-Adhaa [i.e., 10th Dhoo’l-Hijjah] and the odd is the Day of ‘Arafaah [i.e., 9th Dhoo’l-Hijjah] This is also the view of ‘Ikrimah and al-Dahhaak.

4. Fasting on this day is an expiation for two years.

It was reported from Abu Qutaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah. He said, “It expiates for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.” Narrated by Muslim.

This (fasting) is mustahabb for those who are not on Hajj. In the case of the one who is on Hajj, it is not Sunnah for him to fast on the Day of ‘Arafaah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not fast on this day in ‘Arafaah. It was narrated that he forbade fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah in ‘Arafaah.

5. It is the day on which Allaah took the covenant from the progeny of Adam.

It was reported that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah took the covenant from the loins of Adam in Na’maan, i.e., ‘Arafaah. He brought forth from his loins all his offspring and spread them before Him, then He addressed them, and said: ‘Am I not your Lord? They said, ‘Yes, we testify,’ let you should say on the Day of Resurrection: ‘Verily, we have been unaware of this.’ Or lest you should say: ‘It was only our fathers aforetime who took others as partners in worship along with Allaah, and we were (merely their) descendents after them; will You then destroy us because of the deeds of men who practised Al-Baatil (i.e., ploytheism and committing crimes and sins, invoking and worshipping others besides Allaah)?’ [al-A’raaf 7:172-173 – interpretation of the meaning].” Narrated by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. And there is no greater day than this and no greater covenant than this.

6. It is the day of forgiveness of sins, freedom from the Fire and pride in the people who are there:

In Saheeh Muslim it was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no day on which Allaah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of ‘Arafaah. He comes close and expresses His pride to the angels, saying, ‘What do these people want?’”
It was reported from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah expresses His pride to His angels at the time of ‘Ishaa’ on the Day of ‘Arafaah, about the people of ‘Arafaah. He says, ‘Look at My slaves who have come unkempt and dusty.’” Narrated by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/7284/

----------------------------

The Day of Arafah will be on this Sunday.

Abu Muslim
11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
The Best 10 days are back.

I dont think that original link is working so here it is again

http://www.dhikrullah.com/blog/?p=214

Iris
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
JazakAllahu khayran for this precious information. I have to admit, I didn't know about this stuff until very recently :((

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.