/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I have some questions about Islam

Waimuddan
11-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi,
I just joined and would like to know more about Islam, specifically the role of Mary, her parents and Jesus in the Koran. Could someone please let me know more about them? What are their Muslims names. Is Mary Maryam? I am new to Islam and would appreciate any help with this new faith. Thank you:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
be sensible
11-28-2008, 06:43 PM
hi sister welcome to the forum im just wrtting a quick reply but i reply later in full details but im sure other members of the forum will give you more detaails. And yes maryam is the name of mary.
:D

islamirama
11-28-2008, 06:53 PM
As'salaamu Alaikum, (peace be upon you).

Welcome to the deen (path/way) of Islam, may Allah make things easy for you as you begin your new life free of all sins like a new born.

A brief look at ‘Eesa (Jesus) – peace be upon him

Praise be to Allaah.

Maryam the daughter of ‘Imraan was a pious and righteous woman… She strove hard in worship until she had no peer in matters of worship… The angels gave her the glad tidings that Allaah had chosen her:

“And (remember) when the angels said: ‘O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allaah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn) (of her lifetime).’

O Maryam! ‘Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allaah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and bow down along with Ar-Raaki‘oon (those who bow down)’”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:42-43]

· Then the angels gave Maryam the glad tidings that Allaah would bestow upon her a child, whom He would create with the word “Be! And it is.” This child’s name was the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus son of Mary)… He would be held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and he would be a Messenger to the Children of Israel… He would teach the Book and wisdom, and the Tawraat (Torah) and Injeel (Gospel) … And he would have attributes and miracles that no one else would have, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(Remember) when the angels said: ‘O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allaah gives you the glad tidings of a Word [“Be!” — and he was! i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allaah.

He will speak to the people, in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous.’

She said: ‘O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me.’ He said: ‘So (it will be) for Allaah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: “Be!” and it is’” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:45-47]

· Then Allaah tells us the rest of the glad tidings of the angels to Maryam of her son ‘Eesa (peace be upon him), and of the honour of ‘Eesa, and how He would support him with miracles:

“And He (Allaah) will teach him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom), (and) the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).

And will make him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): ‘I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allaah’s Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allaah’s Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Tawraat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allaah and obey me.

Truly, Allaah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path’”[Aal ‘Imraan 3:48-51]

Allaah is absolutely perfect in His powers of Creation. He creates what He wills, how He wills… He created Adam from dust without a father or a mother, and He created Hawwa’ from the rib of Adam from a father but without a mother. He has caused the descendents of Adam to have both a father and a mother, and He created ‘Eesa from his mother without a father… Glory be to the All-Knowing Creator.

You can read rest of it here: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10277
You can also visit this site for more one Jesus (Esa) and his mother:

http://www.soundvision.com/info/jesus/

And here is a good site with good resources that you inshallah will find helpful as a new Muslim:

http://dawaah.webs.com

Olive
11-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Welcome to LI. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rose17
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the forum and to islam sister

Tony
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Salaam and welcome

'Abdul Rahmaan
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Welcome sister! Glad to have you here. :)

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi!

Welcome to LI! :)

I hope the next link will provide some info for you: http://www.islaam.net/main/display.p...03&category=15

Feel free to ask anything you want, inshaAllah we'll do our best to help.

Danah
12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
welcome sister :)

hope you will have a beneficial stay here

yasin ibn Ahmad
12-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Welcome to Islam and LI sis.Glad to have you here.I hope your sis and bro on the forum help you a lot.

Banu_Hashim
12-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Welcome to LI.

There's a whole Surah named after Mariyam. You should read it.

AntiKarateKid
12-10-2008, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by razzigirl
Hi,
I just joined and would like to know more about Islam, specifically the role of Mary, her parents and Jesus in the Koran. Could someone please let me know more about them? What are their Muslims names. Is Mary Maryam? I am new to Islam and would appreciate any help with this new faith. Thank you:statisfie
Here is how the Surah Mary sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5aIi3OqOJU

Faith.
12-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Salaams sis..
Welcome to the forumn!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.