/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Acid In Eyes For Vengeful Lover

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Acid will be dripped into the eyes of an Iranian man after he blinded the woman who spurned his marriage proposals, reports claim.

The attacker said he did not realise acid would cause so much damage

A Sharia court ordered the punishment based on the system of "qisas" or fair retribution, the Etemad-e Melli newspaper said.

The man, identified only as Majid, proposed several times but was spurned by the woman, known as Ameneh, the daily paper reported.

In revenge, he threw acid in her face as she left her work in 2004, it added.

She travelled to Spain for surgery to reconstruct her face but efforts to restore her sight failed.

On returning to Iran, she asked the court for retribution, the newspaper said.

"Ever since I was subject to acid being thrown on my face, I have a constant feeling of being in danger," she said, adding that Majid had also threatened to kill her in the past.

The newspaper published pictures of Ameneh's face before the attack and, still disfigured, after reconstructive surgery.

Majid was quoted as saying he did not regret his action but added: "I threw acid on her face so that she would be mine forever.

I did not know that acid could have such an effect on her face.

Acid attacker 'Majid'

Judges "unanimously decided to sentence the accused to 'qisas' of his body part, blinding by acid" and to pay compensation, the report said.

Judiciary officials could not be reached for comment.

The concept of qisas also holds in other cases in Iran, like murder.

A victim's family can demand the death of a convicted murderer or commute the sentence in return for financial compensation from the culprit.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...figuring_Woman

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
What an utter moron.
Serves him right, he doesn't even regret it!

Amaanah
11-29-2008, 04:00 PM
:Alhumdill for sharia

Olive
11-29-2008, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amaanah
:Alhumdill for sharia
:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.