/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your goal in this life.

_PakistaN_
11-29-2008, 04:56 AM
Honestly my goal isn't to be the richest man on earth or to gain too much money. I want to die in the way of Islam. I want to repent before I die and die with no sin. I always keep trying to remind myself this world is only temporary ( this is my aim to keep reminding myself until I die). I want to live a happy life but a simple one. From the way I see people today its the ones that love the worldly things get ruined. And we know in Islam we are not supposed to go after worldly temporary things.

your turn...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
11-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Greetings and peace be with you _PakistaN_;

You have set goals worth striving for. I seek very much the same through Christianity, I would only add as my goal to live in peace and seek justice for all people, despite all our differences

In the spirit of praying to the One God we all share.

Eric

AntiKarateKid
11-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Very recently have I actually set the pursuit of God as the ultimate goal rather than a part of getting to another goal.

It used to be, become a doctor. Be rich. Get a hot television and entertainment system. A good looking wife etc

But recently I informed my parents that EITHER I would like to be a doctor in underserved communities, maybe working for the UN, or an Imam.

Honestly, a spartan lifestyle + doctor+Islamic missionary work = happy anti karate kid

I wouldnt mind a hot and loyal (rare combo) wife though :rollseyes

Olive
11-29-2008, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Honestly my goal isn't to be the richest man on earth or to gain too much money. I want to die in the way of Islam. I want to repent before I die and die with no sin. I always keep trying to remind myself this world is only temporary ( this is my aim to keep reminding myself until I die). I want to live a happy life but a simple one. From the way I see people today its the ones that love the worldly things get ruined. And we know in Islam we are not supposed to go after worldly temporary things.

your turn...
Mine runs along the same lines... :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
11-29-2008, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you _PakistaN_;

You have set goals worth striving for. I seek very much the same through Christianity, I would only add as my goal to live in peace and seek justice for all people, despite all our differences

In the spirit of praying to the One God we all share.

Eric
That's pretty much what drives me on a daily basis actually: coexistance. Though I know my actions won't change the world (certainly not overnight and probably never in the long run), I know that it will make life happier and more pleasant for those that surround me (friends and family) so I let that feeling of joy and happiness motivate me.

If I can get a smile or a laugh from someone not in my family then that day was a good day.

seeker-of-light
11-29-2008, 10:15 PM
my goal runs along the same lines as the above, as well as to promote peace, equality, and love amongst all peoples, and to help build bridges between people, families, religions, nations, etc.

crayon
11-30-2008, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
But recently I informed my parents that EITHER I would like to be a doctor in underserved communities, maybe working for the UN, or an Imam.

Honestly, a spartan lifestyle + doctor+Islamic missionary work = happy anti karate kid
You just described exactly what I want.:D
Except there's a small difference, I don't want to be a doctor. Have you ever heard of Medecins Sans Frontiers (Doctors without Borders)? I would have loved to be a part of that, but the whole "not wanting to be a doctor" thing doesn't work quite well with it. I'll find someway to do it though, perhaps as a photographer, or journalist. Incidentally, there's also an organization called Journalists without Borders, but I'm not sure how much travel and human aid/volunteer work that entails... anyway, enough rambling.
So my equation for happiness would be

Photography/Writing +Teaching people about islam (not necessarily to convert them, just for it to be a little LESS misunderstood, to do my part in da'wah) + Lots and lots of travel = A crayon that can't stop smiling just thinking about it... :) Sigh..

fatima_01
12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
i have to goals in life here goes ;)

1. To be pious

2. To go skydiving :D

anatolian
12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_

your turn...
to make a revolution :p

LockOn
12-02-2008, 09:14 PM
My goal is striving to reach Jannah.

mystifyed
12-02-2008, 09:20 PM
my goal is to do good in this world and have lots of sadaq-e-jariya for my self
and to reach Jannah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.