/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage online

islamirama
11-29-2008, 06:45 AM
:sl:

Here's a question i've been pondering lately. Would you consider marrying someone you met online or by finding someone online? How about from this forum or any islamic forum for that matter?

First lets get a few things clear. I don't mean you meet online and do marriage online without even meeting or seeing each other in person first. I don't mean you get all friendly with each other and then say you "fell" for each other. I don't mean you do this one on one with each other and your family doesn't know about it. What I do mean is that you find someone online that you think is a worthy potential and you would be willing to have your family involved and meet each other and see if it's something that could be possible after getting the process going.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Olive
11-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Nope, I don't think that's what I would do...

Nájlá
11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Nope.

Periwinkle18
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
nope.

i don't even want to get married.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
11-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Nope. I leave that to my parents. :)

Soulja Girl
11-29-2008, 02:46 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
nope.

^Snap.

:w:

Danah
11-29-2008, 03:00 PM
nope.
same here

same here .... if the only choice was online marriage

Amaanah
11-29-2008, 04:04 PM
:ermm: depend solely on situation IMO

Mehedi Hasan
11-29-2008, 05:23 PM

I think Offline Marriage is better then Online Marriage.:BeRightBack:

crayon
11-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Slightly off topic, but the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread was this: http://maniacmuslim.com/2004/12/21/online-nikkah/ ...heh.

But yeah, in response to the question, I doubt I would ever consider it, but you never know what Allah has in store for you.. I think it would depend on the specific situation.. Don't think the rents would be too crazy about it though, not even close..

Cabdullahi
11-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I will only marry if a definitive opportunity arises(and not on the internet+o() but if it doesnt then im happy to stay a bachelor for life (its cost effective :)):D

islamirama
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I think it depends on the situation. Some sister may not be lucky enough to have a good mate available in their area and then some might not even have a Muslim in their area. It is also help for reverts if they have someone they trust thru whom they can meet someone. For instance, a sister might not know any suitable person but might know a good sister on here who might know someone good. So all in all it depends on the situation and so long as proper precaution and islamic guidelines are taken.

alcurad
11-29-2008, 08:06 PM
nothing wrong with it, as long as you see them offline as well, families involved etc.
I mean we live in the 21st century,internet is a method of communication, why not use it for that...
but islamirama, who's the lucky one :)?

mystifyed
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
no. i would want my parents to choose

islamirama
11-29-2008, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
but islamirama, who's the lucky one :)?
No one, was curious to know how people on this board felt about this topic :)

alcurad
11-29-2008, 08:16 PM
hmm, alright...

Ansariyah
11-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Marriage Fever.....=p

gladTidings
11-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Salaam..

I very much doubt it... but never say never, dont know what Allah swt has planned for us. Why do all the sisters not want to get married? :O =P

Ws.

Nájlá
11-29-2008, 09:23 PM
^ this thread scared them :p lol just kiddin

yeh ur right no knows what Allah (SWT) has planned for us

Cabdullahi
11-29-2008, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
Salaam..

I very much doubt it... but never say never, dont know what Allah swt has planned for us. Why do all the sisters not want to get married? :O =P

Ws.
They are either paltering or society has made them hate it? but when they encounter a male with a providential personality they will soon suffer an afterthought

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
AsslamauAlaykum

*cue the halal wedding bells* :p

I dont know. There was a time I couldnt imagine it happening and it disgusting me. But now, being online long enough and having come across several ... erm strange people ... I can see how it would happen and come about.

But keeping it short...As long as it's halal, it's do-able and the barakah can still be there bi'ithnillah

WassalamuAlaykum

Amaanah
11-29-2008, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

But keeping it short...As long as it's halal, it's do-able and the barakah can still be there bi'ithnillah
:thumbs_up

Banu_Hashim
11-29-2008, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Slightly off topic, but the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread was this: http://maniacmuslim.com/2004/12/21/online-nikkah/ ...heh.
lol. That was hil-larious.

Faseeha
11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Why do all the sisters not want to get married?
Because, when hearing of all the sad things that are happening in marriages nowadays, it's just discouraging!

Sahabiyaat
11-30-2008, 10:31 AM
^ ;DLOLLLLLLL i think i got a stich from laughing so much, i need water lol.

3 people want to get married from LI, hey hey, :D reveal yourselves! lol

me, right now? no, i have enough real life people to deal with!

Abdu-l-Majeed
11-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Very few brothers replied. :p

Ummm, if it's like bro islamirama described, then under certain conditions maybe. Internet is just one way of communicating, nothing more. It's the same like sending a SMS or calling someone by phone.

Abdu-l-Majeed
11-30-2008, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
Because, when hearing of all the sad things that are happening in marriages nowadays, it's just discouraging!
Seems like it's some kind of a global disease; the same problems here in Bosnia.

Olive
11-30-2008, 10:36 AM
If you do chose to find your partner online, at least you'll know how good their English is! :D

Abdu-l-Majeed
11-30-2008, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
If you do chose to find your partner online, at least you'll know how good their English is! :D
Or my English. ;D

Periwinkle18
11-30-2008, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
lolz

Danah
11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh guys, lets know people in the real life very well, then we will move to the online people to discover their natures

one major disadvantages on the online marriage is that you cant have a really accurate view about the other side, its just a virtual world at the end, and when you shocked by the real personality of them, it will be already too late........* as I think *

islamirama
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I think a few of you guys are thinking that there won't be any offline interaction before the marriage. There are some who meet online, do nikkah online, with witnesses online, and what not. Our community sheikh is against that and said from his experience 99.9999% of those marriages end in failure. That is not the type of marriage i'm talking about.

I"m talking about considering someone from online that you think is a good match for you. Then you go meet the person, he visits your parents or what not and you start the same process you would if offline someone introduced him to you or you met each other at college or what not. I'm saying online is the starting point, not the end.

highway_trekker
11-30-2008, 05:21 PM
didn't expect those votes

~Taalibah~
11-30-2008, 07:34 PM

Where i'm concerned, definitely no. I'd be too weary to trust that much what someone says online and my parents would gag.
But considering what conditions islamirama has given, i dont think anything is wrong with it. Allah Ta'aala knows best.

islamirama
12-01-2008, 12:02 AM
:bump1:

chacha_jalebi
12-01-2008, 12:16 AM
who voted yes tut tut :embarrass :p

online marriage lol, that is blind marriage, its even worser then them arranged marriages where you see your spouse on the actual marriage day!

but and a big BUT you can find people anywhere, so maybe a big maybe there is a chance online, but like its just too messy like can it be halaal? is the person really themselfs or some 70 yr old perverted oap:p is the person actin real or fake? is this how they really are? its just so much dodgy ness and un answerable questions so its best to leave:D

islamirama
12-01-2008, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

online marriage lol, that is blind marriage, its even worser then them arranged marriages where you see your spouse on the actual marriage day!
You didn't read the thread first tut tut :p

just read my posts and u'll see what i mean by "online" :D

Na7lah
12-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Would you consider marrying someone you met online or by finding someone online? How about from this forum or any islamic forum for that matter?
no final answer :p

alcurad
12-01-2008, 12:40 AM
for all we know, soon all marriage will be online:).

Snowflake
12-01-2008, 12:58 AM
All I know is that if a person fears Allah and doesn't think of wronging someone it doesn't matter if you meet them online or off. Good and bad people are everywhere. It's all in the intentions.

crayon
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh dear God, I really hope not, lol.. At least not until I'm married, but after then, pfft, makes no difference anymore. :X:statisfie

~Taalibah~
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
You could be very true.:( Hopefully i'll be married then Insha''Allah.

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 04:15 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I can name several such marriages alhamdulillah, happy ones at that! Masha'Allah!

WassalamuAlaykum

smile
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
dunno but i just feel that's wrong coz
you don't know the person properly
and
it so desperate
and
you are being anti-social
and
its dangerous

chacha_jalebi
12-01-2008, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
You didn't read the thread first tut tut :p

just read my posts and u'll see what i mean by "online" :D
even if you get to know someone like i said MAYBE, but thats a big maybe, like for example we know each other of the forum, but we dont know if people are just puttin on a act or they are actually like this, because as one of UK's top psychologists:p i know that people use the internet to escape their real life or use the internet to portray a image that they want, but dont really have! so i would vote againist :skeleton:

arabianprincess
12-02-2008, 03:13 AM
this how i see it.. i mean how can we trust someone online . he can be a stalker or a killer i mean he can be fakeeeeeeeee . so y should i put my self in that position not that im saying all but there is a 50/50% chance. i would perfer to meet in the real world ( school unvi )rather than online. and parents must be included .. i dont wanna put hope in a guy and then the answer is NO.

BNDGR
12-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Asalam alaikum,
I saw so many responses about having parents choose. I am a revert and grew up here in the we so can someone explain is this the custom or is due to your ages???
As for the internet question, I guess it does really depends on the whole situation. But I would definetley have to meet them in person and know thier background and check into it and meet family etc. Can't be too safe with the internet. It is the computer age so its not that big of a deal anymore. Just be safe. There sometimes is not alot of options when you don't know alot of people who can help you out especially being a revert.

جوري
12-02-2008, 04:38 AM
I am a born Muslim from a middle eastern background and I am not sure what the 'parents choosing' is about either?..
I wouldn't let my mother pick out an outfit for me let alone a husband :haha: how weird would that be?.. I'd be very curious too as to what that means..

I prefer real people to virtual ones.. not that there is anything wrong with folks who prefer virtual spouses.. I think it works for some people...
the whole world east or west is about match making now it seems?.. at least I am so starting to believe based on all those
match.com, eharmony commercials and bar hopping I am seeing...

I guess I have always felt that when it is time, you make it your intent in your heart and Allah swt will choose for you?

Intisar
12-02-2008, 04:46 AM
:sl: First off, there are too many drawbacks and secondly, how would I ever tell my parents how I met him? They'd laugh in my face and would never believe me if I said ''the internet''. They'd say, ''ohhh isn't that the same place where I listen to BBC Somalia? How do you meet a man on there?" Even though the conditions of marriage are the same online as they are offline, it'd still be too hard. Since nobody knows what you're up to you could also fall into some potential fitnah.

whiterose
12-02-2008, 05:24 AM
Salamu Alaikum,

Personally, I think I would need to know the person for a looonggg time, maybe a year or more online to decide if theres a possibility that things can be taken a step further.
And by a step further I would give the person my fathers contact info and they can take it from there.

I think its possible. But you just need time to get to know how they are. Plus, you would then meet with family and see if the person is the same in real life or not.

sirajstc
12-02-2008, 01:40 PM
some times we can find good girls i am a boy tats my opinion m8

halhadulilah

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2008, 01:41 PM
meeting online - minus the haram - plus the involvement of wali - plus a meeting between the two - plus a good background check of both parties = not bad

i did the math :ooh:

THE MATH :ooh:

Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc
some times we can find good girls i am a boy tats my opinion m8

halhadulilah
Alhamdulillah :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
meeting online - minus the haram - plus the involvement of wali - plus a meeting between the two - plus a good background check of both parties = not bad

i did the math :ooh:

THE MATH :ooh:
You did the math! Give the dude a medal ;D

Masha'Allah

sirajstc
12-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Alhamdulillah :)

ya sisoooooo i already selected a good girl masha allah

:):):statisfie

Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Lol, masha'Allah akhee may Allah (swt) bless you both. Ameen

sirajstc
12-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Lol, masha'Allah akhee may Allah (swt) bless you both. Ameen

jaza kalla khair make dua 4 us sisoooo:):):statisfie

~Taalibah~
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BNDGR
Asalam alaikum,
I saw so many responses about having parents choose. I am a revert and grew up here in the we so can someone explain is this the custom or is due to your ages???
Maybe they mean the parents keep a lookout for potential partners and then take a step further if one shows interest in the other or if it seems a likely match?

arabianprincess
12-02-2008, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Maybe they mean the parents keep a lookout for potential partners and then take a step further if one shows interest in the other or if it seems a likely match?
u got it...... but i guess these days everyone looks for there own partners and hope that the parents will love em :statisfie!

Leyla73
12-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, me, personnally, i would never start talking to a guy on internet =P
So there's like nooo chance at all! :bump1:

But I don't really know about parents choosing...
I mean, I'm ok with the fact that the parents find a guy, but you should see, and get to him, and see if you like him or not :)

islamirama
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Bro, what are your thoughts on this?

islamirama
12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Bro, what are your thoughts on this?

I think there is nothing wrong in finding someone online so long done the islamic way. Whether one does it online or some other means, the end goal is the same. You can find honest and shady people online as well as in person. There's the right way and the wrong way to go about it regardless of what initiation method you use.

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I think there is nothing wrong in finding someone online. Whether one does it online or some other means, the end goal is the same. You can find honest and shady people online as well as in person. There's the right way and the wrong way to go about it regardless of what initiation method you use.
Best reply in thread :thumbs_up Masha'Allah!

seeker-of-light
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
seems like all the guys i met that i loved online were:
1. losers
2. abusive
3. not worth my love, attention, care, and time
so no...i dont think i would want to marry someone i meet online now:(

islamirama
12-03-2008, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
seems like all the guys i met that i loved online were:
1. losers
2. abusive
3. not worth my love, attention, care, and time
so no...i dont think i would want to marry someone i meet online now:(
That's the problem, you went looking for love online. Allah doesn't put barakah in something that is haraam.

piXie
12-04-2008, 11:54 AM

There seems to be many of us who have a very narrow and rigid set mind about getting married to someone from online. I can’t say I blame us, especially when we’ve seen, heard and been told scary incidents and marriages like these falling apart etc. Also, the net is not seen as a very respectable way of finding a partner, especially if you are from a Pakistani/Indian culture. This is because elders/people automatically assume that it was via chatting and intimate conversations between the two. And many times this is the case.

Due to this, when someone says online marriage, people think "dangerous" "haram" "fake" "deception" "sad" "people from online are 70 year olds pretending to be young", "you don’t know the person", "blind marriage", "nikkah online" etc.

All these negative impressions come to mind. And many of these impressions might be true even. However, its not ALWAYS the case. We shouldn’t generalize between all online marriages because not all situations are the same and not all online marriages are done in a haram and blind way. We need to be slightly more open minded, and not so rigid.

By online marriage I mean marrying someone from online. Not having the ceremony/agreement online. Because proposing to someone from online without having met the individual/his family in person is a very blind way of doing it.

But if someone notices a person with a good character/mentality/ and or personality online, and then enquires about this person through a third party (parents, mahram, a good friend etc) then I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. It is perfectly respectable and honorable and Islamic.

Khayal
12-04-2008, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

There seems to be many of us who have a very narrow and rigid set mind about getting married to someone from online. I can’t say I blame us, especially when we’ve seen, heard and been told scary incidents and marriages like these falling apart etc. Also, the net is not seen as a very respectable way of finding a partner, especially if you are from a Pakistani/Indian culture. This is because elders/people automatically assume that it was via chatting and intimate conversations between the two. And many times this is the case.

Due to this, when someone says online marriage, people think "dangerous" "haram" "fake" "deception" "sad" "people from online are 70 year olds pretending to be young", "you don’t know the person", "blind marriage", "nikkah online" etc.

All these negative impressions come to mind. And many of these impressions might be true even. However, its not ALWAYS the case. We shouldn’t generalize between all online marriages because not all situations are the same and not all online marriages are done in a haram and blind way. We need to be slightly more open minded, and not so rigid.

By online marriage I mean marrying someone from online. Not having the ceremony/agreement online. Because proposing to someone from online without having met the individual/his family in person is a very blind way of doing it.

But if someone notices a person with a good character/mentality/ and or personality online, and then enquires about this person through a third party (parents, mahram, a good friend etc) then I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. It is perfectly respectable and honorable and Islamic.

Taqreer achi ker lety hein... :p

AhlaamBella
12-04-2008, 05:40 PM
That's the problem, you went looking for love online. Allah doesn't put barakah in something that is haraam.
Well said bro. I think if one had the intention of finding marriage in a halaal way, losers and abusers wouldn't turn up lol.

piXie
12-04-2008, 06:06 PM

sister seeker of light has only just recently reverted to Islam. She wasn't a Muslim at the time, and therefore wasn't aware of haraam and halaal. Her situation was totally different.

We should be gentler and softer in our approach to her. Please. :)

AhlaamBella
12-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh of course I wasn'r reproaching her in any way. I meant generally our intentions may affect the result of our ventures :)

islamirama
12-04-2008, 06:13 PM

sister seeker of light has only just recently reverted to Islam. She wasn't a Muslim at the time, and therefore wasn't aware of haraam and halaal. Her situation was totally different.

We should be gentler and softer in our approach to her. Please. :)

Then her answer doesn't really apply here. She being put off from any online courtship is due to relationships with non-Muslim men, who we know mostly wants to have fun and to whom the word "marriage" is a death sentence.

AhlaamBella
12-04-2008, 06:17 PM
to whom the word "marriage" is a death sentence.
:giggling: true true

Muezzin
12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Online marriage services?

...let's just say I think there are better options available.

Can you name an online Muslim matrimonial service that manages to be all that?

I'm not mocking, I'm asking a genuine question.

Zahida
12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
:sl:LOL ................Shaadi.com hehehe!!!!!!:laugh:
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Online marriage services?

...let's just say I think there are better options available.

~Taalibah~
12-04-2008, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl:LOL ................Shaadi.com hehehe!!!!!!:laugh:
:skeleton:

islamirama
12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Shaadi.com and other indian services are making a killing. They all are based in india and yet charge you in US dollars for membership.

alcurad
12-04-2008, 08:56 PM
amazon.com :bump1:
it's cheap too..:)

islamirama
12-04-2008, 09:03 PM
That place is for buying only, if you want to buy a bride then go to india :p

Zahida
12-04-2008, 09:37 PM
:sl:True buthey do work as well i know of some people who have successfully found partners through such agencies................:):w:
Shaadi.com and other indian services are making a killing. They all are based in india and yet charge you in US dollars for membership.

islamirama
12-04-2008, 11:15 PM
One more week before the polls end, i'm sure we have more members on this forum then the ones who voted :)

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 11:19 PM
^ voted bro, and i agree with what you said 150% !

most situations have a halal side, you just gotta do it properly :)

Cabdullahi
12-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Its not any different than the masjid martimonial system....virtually any deranged person can sign up similarly with the internet a crazy person might put a great act on but contrast to that the person might be mashallah a top notch person :)

Allahu alem

piXie
12-05-2008, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

:salamext:

Getting married to someone from online does not necessarily have to be via marriage sites. Personally, I find those sites to be very dodgy, and wouldn't go on them. A lot of lies and deception is involved. Pictures, chatting etc. Not seen as very respectable.

When I said that u can get married to someone from online and also keep it strictly Islamic, I didn't have matrimonial sites in mind. I was looking at it from a different angle and aspect. I was thinking about people from online (Islamic) universities, online forums (e.g. LI), online Islamic institutions where students of knowledge come to learn etc. Many people that come on sites such as these are genuine people. Many of the sisters I know and am friends with from LI (online) and from an online Islamic Institute which I'm a member of, are genuine people who have come from good and religious families. I know this because I've met many of them in person.

Even though we are not friends with and don't chat to certain members, we can get to know them just by reading their posts. To a certain extent, we can tell what kind of a person they are, their character, knowledge, piety, nature, mentality etc. Therefore, the situation is different from that on matrimonial sites where strangers are putting up their profiles and advertising themselves for marriage.

Having said that, I'm not posting in this thread to encourage people to marry someone from online or on this forum for that matter. Nor am I stating what I personally prefer. I'm just making this post to clarify to many of us, that not all situations are dangerous, deceptive, blind and haram.

Like for example, lets take this situation: Ismail is Zainabs elder brother and they both are students of an online Islamic Institute. They have their own students forum where they can discuss matters concerning Islam and their course. There are also many other dedicated students of knowledge like them on these forums. Ismail has made friends with many of these brothers who he's met on these forums, and Zainab has made friends with many sisters. Now every 4 or 5 months, the students have to attend weekend courses with their Sheikh as part of there syllabus and to sit exams. These are conducted at a school/university building over a number of various cities (segregated environment). During these courses, Ismail gets to meet his friends in person, and Zainab gets to meet hers. Ismail likes one particular brother whom he met on this online Institute, and thinks him a good match for his sister. This brother really respects Ismail too, and would feel honoured to be his brother in law.

Now this brother is someone who Ismail and Zainab initially know from online, yet see the situation? Her brother found her a good husband via these forums and it was done in a totally Islamic, honorable and respectable way.

islamirama
12-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Jazakallahu khair for clearing that up pixie. That's what I assumed as much that many folks on here are seeing through only one lens and a bias one at that.

islamirama
12-08-2008, 09:46 PM

Still time to vote who haven't done so...

alcurad
12-09-2008, 05:04 AM
^I think we have around 18000 nowadays:?
would be really interesting if all voted:)

afzalaung
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Marriage with ppl from the net sounds more random then arrangged marriage

maryam87
12-09-2008, 11:26 AM
There was this one i watched on tyra banks show bout this muslim guy who met a hindu girl online in India. After knowing each other online for a while she went ova to America married him and converted. Apparently her parents would kill her if she went back to india. Sounds like a romantic story LOL
bout whether i will do it, i have no idea never considered it

jannat
12-09-2008, 11:33 AM
salams,
Yeh Leave it to your parents & ALLAH HU ALIM, leave to the creator, & whateva he brings to you, inshallah you make the right decision, Marriages such a topic, Great ,also Scary & Annoying!! soo many of my mates have got married.. makes me jealous.. But inshallah everyones turns come inshallah.
RAB RAKAH

~Taalibah~
12-09-2008, 12:03 PM
^I think we have around 18000 nowadays:?
would be really interesting if all voted:)
And only 57 votes..:?

islamirama
12-09-2008, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam87
There was this one i watched on tyra banks show bout this muslim guy who met a hindu girl online in India. After knowing each other online for a while she went ova to America married him and converted. Apparently her parents would kill her if she went back to india. Sounds like a romantic story LOL
There was a Muslim girl in uk who met a hindu from india online, she fell in love with him (after lots of late night chats and other shady online stuff behind her parent's back). She went to india and got married to him. This is what happens when parents these days put internet and pc in their kid's room, or don't watch what their kids are doing online. +o(

جوري
12-09-2008, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam87
It is wonderful she converted and all.. but selling your family for a dude you met online? That is pretty sad.. there is an Arabic adage that translates to --'if you don't have respect and love for your family.. you won't have love and respect for anyone else'....If things turn sour between them, she'll have lost everything. :hmm:

alcurad
12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
... This is what happens when parents these days put internet and pc in their kid's room, or don't watch what their kids are doing online. +o(
I would rather say this is what happens when parents don't raise their children well, in this day & age prevention through banning doesn't work..

crayon
12-09-2008, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
It is wonderful she converted and all.. but selling your family for a dude you met online? That is pretty sad.. there is an Arabic adage that translates to --'if you don't have respect and love for your family.. you won't have love and respect for anyone else'....If things turn sour between them, she'll have lost everything. :hmm:

I agree. Unless your parents are evil horrible satan-like people, and the guy is amazing, has deen, akhlaq, is a once in a lifetime kind of person, I wouldn't abandon my family for him.

islamirama
12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I would rather say this is what happens when parents don't raise their children well, in this day & age prevention through banning doesn't work..
I'm not talking about banning, but rather monitor. If your kid is up in his/her room watching porno and you think they are studying. No matter how good of a job you have done, you still missed something!

islamirama
12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
nope.

its sunnah :)

islamirama
12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Looking for a spouse online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgRFVDc7z48

Periwinkle18
12-14-2008, 08:36 AM
its sunnah :)
i know but still arghhhhh.People here are muslims but only by name, its really weird.:(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.