/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why dont you talk much ??

Güven
11-29-2008, 10:46 AM
:salamext:

Why dont you talk much ??
yes this is what my boss told me yesterday and some other people told me this several times already like my aunt :-[

now the thing is I DO talk much with my friends or people who have a good topic to talk about(see LI :D ) but I just got nothing to say to people who are way older than me
cause with them you take it easy cause you have a little respect for them you know and Its not easy to start a topic with them , then they say "why dont you talk much ?"
"it is bad ..your social communication is not good"
well my social communication isnt bad i can easily talk with people i make easily friends although never found "good" friends imsad
but I just dont know what to talk about with my boss or my aunt

....its not the same I have nothing to say to them....

is this strange ? :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
i have the same problem

i can't talk to no one only if ive known them for a while and know them very well.
some people just look at me and they propley think that am not friendly blah blah

i cant even make friends easily takes a while :X

and nah this aint strange its not bad neither its just u gotta practise and see what kinda stuff ur boss or aunt like to talk about and bit by bit u will start to talk to them abiut anything and thats where they wish u never talked to them :p

Muezzin
11-29-2008, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Ask him for a raise.

Periwinkle18
11-29-2008, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Ask him for a raise.
lolz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
11-29-2008, 01:19 PM
its not strange it happens to me too.

is ur boss a muslim?

aysegul
11-29-2008, 01:29 PM
The opposite of this question is being asked to me ;

why do you talk much?:D:D:D

it is not a a big deal.

On the contrary it is a really good thing :D GO ON

Musaafirah
11-29-2008, 02:01 PM
^^^ Same here. People can tell I'm in another room coz apparently I can go on an on...
I wish I was able to keep my mouth shut on many an occasion.
So consider being quiet a good thing :)

be sensible
11-29-2008, 03:00 PM

yes this is what my boss told me yesterday and some other people told me this several times already like my aunt :-[

now the thing is I DO talk much with my friends or people who have a good topic to talk about(see LI :D ) but I just got nothing to say to people who are way older than me
cause with them you take it easy cause you have a little respect for them you know and Its not easy to start a topic with them , then they say "why dont you talk much ?"
well my social communication isnt bad i can easily talk with people i make easily friends although never found "good" friends imsad

is this strange ?

DOnt worry too much about it its normal it happens to most of us. I find it really hard to talk to my relatives sometimes its always the same converation hello how are you etc thats just far as it goes lol. I guess sometimes older person or a boss can come across intimidating at the point it can make it difficult to communicate. Or sometimes you may not find shared or common goals with the other person which again makes it difficult to communicate. In one of my jobs i started of really quite until i got to know everyone at the point i used to always get told off for talking too much or always being called a big mouth lol :D but when i went to work in the head office for a short contract i was quite as a mouse and everyon kept telling me are you always this quite the people even gave feedback to my manager stating that i was really quite and my manager was just in a shock and she just wouldnt believe them lol.

But the thing is we can talk for hours and end with the people were most comfortable with or some one who we have common interest with. Every one is different some people like my self takes time and gets to know the people and environment before getting comfortable.

Its just way of life some people you will get on with while others you may not get along so well. You cant make everyone happy there will always be something or other. Try to get to know them see if the helps at all. Just be who you are thats all you can be your still young dont worry you got plenty of years to make good friends. :D

Saimah Ali
11-29-2008, 03:17 PM
i can talk with everyone because people say my personality is older than my age which is good because i am only a teenager

Olive
11-29-2008, 03:20 PM

I often feel the same...

Güven
11-29-2008, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
its not strange it happens to me too.

is ur boss a muslim?
yep

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Ask him for a raise.
lol i already asked but hes greedy ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by aysegul
The opposite of this question is being asked to me ;

why do you talk much?:D:D:D

it is not a a big deal.

On the contrary it is a really good thing :D GO ON
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
^^^ Same here. People can tell I'm in another room coz apparently I can go on an on...
I wish I was able to keep my mouth shut on many an occasion.
So consider being quiet a good thing :)

Well it is a good thing i think but when im at work talking to people , having communication is an important thing you know ...

format_quote Originally Posted by be sensible
DOnt worry too much about it its normal it happens to most of us. I find it really hard to talk to my relatives sometimes its always the same converation hello how are you etc thats just far as it goes lol. I guess sometimes older person or a boss can come across intimidating at the point it can make it difficult to communicate. Or sometimes you may not find shared or common goals with the other person which again makes it difficult to communicate. In one of my jobs i started of really quite until i got to know everyone at the point i used to always get told off for talking too much or always being called a big mouth lol :D but when i went to work in the head office for a short contract i was quite as a mouse and everyon kept telling me are you always this quite the people even gave feedback to my manager stating that i was really quite and my manager was just in a shock and she just wouldnt believe them lol.

But the thing is we can talk for hours and end with the people were most comfortable with or some one who we have common interest with. Every one is different some people like my self takes time and gets to know the people and environment before getting comfortable.

Its just way of life some people you will get on with while others you may not get along so well. You cant make everyone happy there will always be something or other. Try to get to know them see if the helps at all. Just be who you are thats all you can be your still young dont worry you got plenty of years to make good friends. :D
lol i guess you are right...its not like am all quite I talk alot sometimes too but you know they say talk , say something....and then im just stuck because i have NOTHING to say.

Olive
11-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Try and talk about a subject that you can go on and on forever. :p

Periwinkle18
11-29-2008, 03:34 PM
is he convert or born muslim? if hes a convert then ask how he converted tht would be interesting or talk to him abt islamic books. if he asks u to talk tell him abt Li :p

Güven
11-29-2008, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
Try and talk about a subject that you can go on and on forever. :p
lol Like what ? if i talk about islam it will end up in 5 minutes
soccer 10 minutes , food 10 minutes , future plans 10 minutes and school atmost 15 minutes i guess

Güven
11-29-2008, 03:35 PM
is he convert or born muslim? if hes a convert then ask how he converted tht would be interesting or talk to him abt islamic books. if he asks u to talk tell him abt Li :p
hes a born muslim ..sometimes there will come people who talk about islam and its quite interesting

Periwinkle18
11-29-2008, 03:39 PM
so the nxt time he asks u to talk wht will u say?

Güven
11-29-2008, 03:40 PM
so the nxt time he asks u to talk wht will u say?
I dunno lol

Olive
11-29-2008, 03:43 PM
lol Like what ? if i talk about islam it will end up in 5 minutes
soccer 10 minutes , food 10 minutes , future plans 10 minutes and school atmost 15 minutes i guess
There you go! Almost 1 hour of talking - he'll never say "why don't you talk much" again. :p

Güven
11-29-2008, 03:44 PM
There you go! Almost 1 hour of talking - he'll never say "why don't you talk much" again. :p
1 hour talking i am there 8 hours then that mean 7 hours silence :p

Soulja Girl
11-29-2008, 03:47 PM
:sl:

^Well then jus say, I never came to work to talk, I came to work... :rollseyes

:w:

Olive
11-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm sure you won't talk for an hour continuously and if you do, I bet your bos'll get fed up and won't talk to you for like a year maybe. :D

Periwinkle18
11-29-2008, 03:53 PM
y don't u gift him a really fat book so he doesn't hav time to talk to u. lolz

Güven
11-29-2008, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
:sl:

^Well then jus say, I never came to work to talk, I came to work... :rollseyes

lol good idea

I'm sure you won't talk for an hour continuously and if you do, I bet your bos'll get fed up and won't talk to you for like a year maybe. :D
I forgot to say that a friend of mine is also working there and with him i DO talk alot but with the boss....noooo

y don't u gift him a really fat book so he doesn't hav time to talk to u. lolz
its a working place not a library ;D

Amaanah
11-29-2008, 04:08 PM

its not strange
each individual is different
some people are loud
some people are quiet
why should it matter so much? :(

Ansariyah
11-29-2008, 07:52 PM
ur just a bit shy thats ok. so long ur friendly they will learn to accept u, and not take it as an offence inshaAllah.

If ur boss talks to u, try to communicate back. Do u feel a bit awkward cause he's ur boss? and ur quiet cause out of respect? Maybe it's actually having the opposite effect, and im sure thats not wat u want.

It's ok to chit chat with old folks, nuthin scarry bout it. Wat matters is that ur listening more?

anyway...ur nice im sure, so as u stand there...look nice n smile...erm I mean genuinely. Is ur job new? Maybe thats why...

good luck.

kwolney01
11-29-2008, 08:31 PM
No, I have the same issue.

I find it difficult to talk to people older then me or someone like my boss. I don't want to say anything that will make them feel weird. To talk to someone like a boss I usually just try to stick with business things and professional life. I don't like to get into a co-workers personal business because that is their business. I also don't talk much about my own personal life because I don't want them to know very much, because they might find something out and use it against me in some way later on.

I would just stick to business with co-workers, and family try to ease in talking to them. I think they want us to talk to them about things but sometimes we don't know how to talk to them.

I hope this helps,

Jazak Allah Khair

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 09:02 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol so if you're at work, when are you expected to talk?

It's normal, I'm often like that but I'm also good at spontaneously making something up on the spot and talking about it :p

What do you enjoy talking about? World affairs? Islam? The weather (:p)? Your cat? I remember working and the lady I was with spoke for hours about this kind of ceiling paint that was pink when wet but dried white...the most boring conversation ever...And I think when you're bored you can find things to talk about...to save from dying :p that's what I do...Try it...talk about summin completely random and he might take the lead and initiate the convo then and the next time also insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
11-29-2008, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
ur just a bit shy thats ok. so long ur friendly they will learn to accept u, and not take it as an offence inshaAllah.

If ur boss talks to u, try to communicate back. Do u feel a bit awkward cause he's ur boss? and ur quiet cause out of respect? Maybe it's actually having the opposite effect, and im sure thats not wat u want.

It's ok to chit chat with old folks, nuthin scarry bout it. Wat matters is that ur listening more?

anyway...ur nice im sure, so as u stand there...look nice n smile...erm I mean genuinely. Is ur job new? Maybe thats why...

good luck.
yes im a bit ackward but not shy i think ....i just dont have much to say to him lol and I laugh ALOT he even went mad becuz i laugh too much ;D

....He even wanted to fire me becuz of it :skeleton:

format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol so if you're at work, when are you expected to talk?

It's normal, I'm often like that but I'm also good at spontaneously making something up on the spot and talking about it :p

What do you enjoy talking about? World affairs? Islam? The weather (:p)? Your cat? I remember working and the lady I was with spoke for hours about this kind of ceiling paint that was pink when wet but dried white...the most boring conversation ever...And I think when you're bored you can find things to talk about...to save from dying :p that's what I do...Try it...talk about summin completely random and he might take the lead and initiate the convo then and the next time also insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

lol i dont have a cat :p

When there is no customers,the store is empty and there you are....
...a complete silence ..."say something!!!!!" ;D

I enjoy everything to talk about as long as its not sinful but yeah its a good idea InshaAllah....Completely random? :thumbs_up lol

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 10:13 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Amatul Wadud: I'm bored :skeleton:

Friend: Hmm...

Amatul Wadud: Now I'm hungry

Friend: Shurrup! :rollseyes

Amatul Wadud: *Looking for something to talk about*

Friend: Samakah Say somethingggg....I'm boredddddd! :raging:

See you cant please people these days :( :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
11-29-2008, 10:15 PM

^lol I dont have problems talking with friends im talking about coughOldpeoplecough :p

Re.TiReD
11-29-2008, 10:17 PM

^lol I dont have problems talking with friends im talking about coughOldpeoplecough :p
:wasalamex

Learn how to fish....Or knit...Or read the paper and then discuss it with them. Failing that, slip some happy pills into his tea :p Lol kiddinnnn dooont ! :p

I dunno, you'll be ok insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
11-29-2008, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
:wasalamex

Learn how to fish....Or knit...Or read the paper and then discuss it with them. Failing that, slip some happy pills into his tea :p Lol kiddinnnn dooont ! :p

I dunno, you'll be ok insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

he drinks alot of coffee :Evil::thumbs_up

Periwinkle18
11-30-2008, 12:58 PM
lolz

if he asks u to talk y don't u ask him to tell u abt his childhood tht would be interesting.

Al-Zaara
11-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Ask him about his family, his future plans, what he wants to do when he grows up.. ;D

Look him deep in the eyes and say "How do you feel today, amca?" When he answers "I'm fine" you nod and still looking deep in his eyes, don't blink, saying "I see... that is good." Do this frequently during the day. It freaks most people out.

Ansariyah
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
yes im a bit ackward but not shy i think ....i just dont have much to say to him lol and I laugh ALOT he even went mad becuz i laugh too much ;D

....He even wanted to fire me becuz of it :skeleton:
fire u, cause of laughing, u kidding me? sheesh, ur boss sounds quite the grumpy kind.

I can see why u don't talk much around him.

I think u shud follow ur gut feeling, sometimes I don't talk at all around certain people. Because something just tells me to keep quiet.

Al-Zara ru trying to get him fired lol....that sounds quite freaky.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.