/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I suspected a Muslim Brother

Hamayun
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
:sl:

Never thought I would see the day when I would be suspicious of a Brother :-[

I was travelling in the tube on Friday in London. There was a Muslim brother sitting opposite to me.

He seemed to be very disturbed and nervous. He was constantly looking at the floor with a very worried look on his face.

He was rubbing his hands and checking his watch. He was sweating even though it was freezing cold.

So far I didn't think much of it. But then he started acting a bit odd.

He had a plastic bag that he repeatedly kept peeking into in a very suspicious way. The bag was from a shop in Pakistan.

At this point I got worried. So worried that I actually got off the train 2 stops before my destination and waited for the next one.

Astaghfirullah! I thought the brother was hiding a weapon/device in the bag :-[

It shows how the actions of some bad Muslims has made the rest of us objects of suspicion.

May Allah help the Ummah regain the high respect and admiration they once used to have... imsad:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Olive
11-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Omg... I don't blame you. It's sad...

cute123
11-30-2008, 09:00 AM
this is what the general feeling any human being would feel. yesterday i went to the airport to leave some neighbours. I was getting that scary feeling. what if a bomb explodes here.and i actually told my brother lets move fast . as its a real populated area. Allahuakbar. things are not right

Sahabiyaat
11-30-2008, 09:14 AM
maybe he was meeting his wife and was worried she wouldnt like the pakistani trashy present he had brought her and throw it at him like last time .

it could be a possibility !!!! :D

but yeh, i would be freaked too.Imagine what non muslims feel anytime a beardy brother gets on public transport. :skeleton:, i feel sorry for them...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Olive
11-30-2008, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
maybe he was meeting his wife and was worried she wouldnt like the pakistani trashy present he had brought her and throw it at him like last time .

it could be a possibility !!!! :D
Lol!

format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
but yeh, i would be freaked too.Imagine what non muslims feel anytime a beardy brother gets on public transport. :skeleton:, i feel sorry for them...
Lol, true. :skeleton::skeleton:

Sahabiyaat
11-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I remember once i gave up my seat to a white woman on a bus,she thought i gave it up because i had to get off soon, but when she saw that i had still been standing there a few stops later, instead of looking grateful, she looked somewhat suspicious, and a bit nervous and kept glancing at me in a weired way.

lol, i guess theres no such thing as being nice, just for the sake of being nice anymore, so people treat every act with suspicion.

Amaanah
11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun

I was travelling in the tube on Friday in London. There was a Muslim brother sitting opposite to me.

He seemed to be very disturbed and nervous. He was constantly looking at the floor with a very worried look on his face.

He was rubbing his hands and checking his watch. He was sweating even though it was freezing cold.

He had a plastic bag that he repeatedly kept peeking into in a very suspicious way. The bag was from a shop in Pakistan.

At this point I got worried. So worried that I actually got off the train 2 stops before my destination and waited for the next one.

It shows how the actions of some bad Muslims has made the rest of us objects of suspicion.

May Allah help the Ummah regain the high respect and admiration they once used to have... imsad:cry:
:amin:
no offence but that is ridiculous
what happened to 70 excuses?
Muslims need to open their minds to the greater dangers

glo
12-04-2008, 07:41 AM
I don't think you should be hard on yourself, Hamayun.

You did what human beings do - you made a snap-shot judgment on a stranger. It's part of our survival instinct, to determine whether somebody is friend or foe.
Remember you didn't just judge him on his colour or his religion. You took into account his behaviour, his body language and his actions.

You felt uncomfortable, possibly in danger, and you did the best thing to keep yourself safe ...

So, you wronged this guy - but that doesn't mean your action was wrong!
After all, no harm was done.

Woodrow
12-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Terrorism is proving to be a bigger threat to us Muslims than it is to non-Muslims. As subtle as this seems, it has hurt all of us. As a result of the actions of some who called themselves our brothers, we are reaping the fruits that sprouted from the seeds of fear. Terrorism is a common enemy of all people and the greatest harm it brings us is loss of trust among ourselves.

Your actions are understandable and are completely justified. In these days we are forced to accept that caution is the better form of valor.

May all who think terrorism is a tool to help the Ummah and serve Allaah(swt) be awakened to the truth and see they are helping the enemies of Islam.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 12:13 PM
lol bro if i was you i woulda walked upto the bro and started chatting with him... i normally do salam pretty much every bearded bro i see!

AvarAllahNoor
12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Some who use terrorism, do so to kill as many as they can. London bombings didn't ask the Muslims to get off the bus, they'd just be called collateral. Casualties of war.

Muezzin
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun

If he looked like a normal guy (as opposed to a weirdo) you might be bold, give him salaam and ask him if everything's okay?

Then again, I don't know what the guy looked like. If he looked like a complete fruit loop, it probably wouldn't be wise to start a conversation with him in those circumstances.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.