/* */

PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference

AnonymousPoster
11-30-2008, 12:02 AM
i was wondering how can you tell if your a good muslim i mean i have commited some sin in the past but have repented and not gone back to it but i have always been a good person well i think i dont try to harm no body deliverately i am always willing to be kind and generous to others. BUt i guess i havent always practice islam to the best ways i could have but i am trying to improve on my knowledge and my dedication but i wanted to know being a good person does it count towards being a good muslim and whats the difference. What really makes a good muslim.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
11-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Assalamu alaykum

MashaAllah, it's good you want to better yourself. The best is one who strives hard to be a better muslim, to earn the pleasure of Allah subhana wa ta'ala by his good intentions in acts of worship and deeds (be steadfast in deen which includes fulfilling rights of others). Have both hope of forgiveness and mercy from Allah the Most Exalted and fear His punishments. Only Allah ta'ala knows who is a good muslim. But we can try to be better inshaAllah.

Ali.
11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
how can you tell if your a good muslim
You can't - only Allah [swt] can judge something as major as that. You just gotta' do what Allah [swt] has prescribed, e.g. fasting, praying, being a good person with good intentions, etc., and refrain from the evil!

Keep it up!

Amaanah
11-30-2008, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i was wondering how can you tell if your a good muslim i mean i have commited some sin in the past but have repented and not gone back to it but i have always been a good person well i think i dont try to harm no body deliverately i am always willing to be kind and generous to others. BUt i guess i havent always practice islam to the best ways i could have but i am trying to improve on my knowledge and my dedication but i wanted to know being a good person does it count towards being a good muslim and whats the difference. What really makes a good muslim.
it is mentioned somewhere the best sinner is the one who is aware he is sinning and regrets it.
noone can tell you who is a good person besides Allaah
He alone knows the truth in ones heart

may Allaah keep you steadfast.
:amin:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.