/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Dajjal

selection
11-30-2008, 01:38 AM
My teacher said that the first and last 10 verse of Surah Al-Kahf can protect us from the feetnah of Dajjal. Is it True?

I'm sorry if my English isn't good.:-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Taalibah~
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
:sl:
I know that it is said that if one reads Surah Kahf on fridays he will be protected from Dajjal.
Also if he memorises the first an last 10 ayats.
This is to the best of my knowledge.
:w:

*Yasmin*
12-03-2008, 11:16 PM
i know this hadith
من حفظ عشر آيات من أول سورة الكهف ، عصم من الدجال
translation:"Anyone who memorizes ten ayats from the beginning of Surat al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjal."
you can find it in al-mosnad al-sahih

plus i found this hadith:
The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Whoever recited Surah al Kahf in the same manner in which it was revealed, it will serve for him as a light on the Day of Judgement, from his domicile to Makkah. And whoever recited the last ten verses, and it happens that the Dajjal should appear after that, Dajjal will not be empowered over him’.
[Hakim 1/564 & Dhahabi]

and it's good to recite surat al-kahf especially friday nights and memorize it all.

"من قرأ سورة الكهف في يوم الجمعة ؛ أضاء له من النور ما بين الجمعتين"

translation: The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Whoever recited Surah al Kahf on a Friday, Allah will kindle for him abundant light to brightly illuminate the period between the two Fridays (the Friday on which the recitation was made and the next Friday)’
[Hakim 2/367, Mishkat al-Masabih #2175, however Baihaqi disagreed with it’s authenticity in Sahih Al Jami 2/1104]

Raizins
02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Salamu3alaikum.
I thought it was the first 10 ayaat of Surat al-Kahf. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Raizins
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Salamu3alaikum.
I thought it was the first 10 ayaat of Surat al-Kahf.

Sorry I had to make it this colour. :| And I didn't know how to edit my last comment heheh. Yeah I'm tryna set my own record. xD

alcurad
02-12-2009, 03:50 AM
reading and understanding the verses. not just reading, it's not some sort of charm..

Zamtsa
02-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Na'am it's 10 verses at the beginning and the last 10 verses of the Surah.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Nájlá
02-14-2009, 05:34 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...-reminder.html

Asim Khan
07-20-2009, 08:47 AM

Alhumdulillah. My mental health is bad, however, Allah has blessed me with learning about "God is everywhere and (physically) in me and you" kind of people. I'm not grateful enough for comming to know the verses/hadith below (I arranged part of it before). We need to spread them; the specifics of the Sahih Muslim hadith could be cut (ellipsis dots could also be put removing mention of Damscus and Ludd) ; I couldn't find the reference for the hadith of minor shirk. Watch for S (Surah) or chapter initial linking to the verse from the Surah/chapter above.

1 John 4:

1. Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

Surah 43:

63. When Jesus came with clear proofs (of God's Sovereignty), he said: I have come unto you with wisdom, and to make plain some of that concerning which ye differ. So keep your duty to God, and obey me.

John 5:

30. "I can of my own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me.

(their duty)
Psalm 23:

1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

J 5:37. And the Father who sent me has Himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen,

J 5:38. and you do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom He has sent.

S 43:64. Lo! God, He is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him. This is a right path.

S 43:65. But the factions among them differed. Then woe unto those who do wrong from the doom of a painful day.

S 43:66. Await they aught save the Hour, that it shall come upon them suddenly, when they know not?

S 43:67. Friends on that day will be foes one to another, save those who kept their duty (to God).

Hadith Qudsi 23: God will say on the Day of Judgement: "Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade."

John 8:

31. So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,

32. and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Matthew 6:

9. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Surah 39:

67. And they esteem not God as He hath the right to be esteemed, when the whole earth is His handful on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens are rolled in His right hand. Glorified is He and High Exalted from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him).

Matthew 24:

3. As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?”

4. And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray.

5. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.

23. Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.

24. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

25. See, I have told you beforehand.

26. So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.

Al Jaami` Al Saheeh. Version 1.07 - By Imam Al Bukhari
Volume 5:

685. Narrated Ibn `Umar:
We were talking about Hajjat-ul-Wada`, while the Prophet was amongst us. We did not know what Hajjat-ul-Wada` signified. The Prophet praised God and then mentioned Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal and described him extensively, saying, "God did not send any prophet but that prophet warned his nation of Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal. Noah and the prophets following him warned (their people) of him. He will appear amongst you (O Muhammad's followers), and if it happens that some of his qualities may be hidden from you, but your Lord's State is clear to you and not hidden from you. The Prophet said it thrice. Verily, your Lord is not blind in one eye, while he (i.e. Ad-Dajjal) is blind in the right eye which looks like a grape bulging out (of its cluster). [...]

M 24:30. Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Sahih Muslim. Version 1.03 - Translated by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui
Book 41, Number 7015:

An-Nawwas b. Sam'an reported that God's Messenger (may peace be upon him) made a mention of the Dajjal one day in the morning. [

the essential portion is below after "["

] He sometimes described him to be insignificant and sometimes described (his turmoil) as very significant rand we felt) as if he were in the cluster of the date-palm trees. When we went to him (to the Holy Prophet) in the evening and he read (the signs of fear) in our faces, he said: What is the matter with you? We said: God's Messenger, you made a mention of the Dajjal in the morning (sometimes describing him) to be insignificant and sometimes very important, until we began to think as if he were present in some (near) part of the cluster of the datpalm trees. Thereupon he said: I harbour fear in regard to you in so many other things besides the Dajjal. If he comes forth while I am among on, I shall contend with him on your behalf, but if he comes forth while I am not amongst you, a man must contend on his own behalf and God would take care of every Muslim on my behalf (and safeguard him against his evil). He (Dajjal) would be a young man with twisted, contracted hair, and a blind eye. I compare him to 'Abd-ul-'Uzza b. Qatan. He who amongst you would survive to see him should recite over him the opening verses of Sura Kahf (xviii.). He would appear on the way between Syria and Iraq and would spread mischief right and left. O servant of God! adhere (to the path of Truth). We said: God's Messenger, how long would he stay on the earth? He said.. For forty days, one day like a year and one day like a month and one day like a week and the rest of the days would be like your days. We said: God's Messenger, would one day's prayer suffice for the prayers of day equal to one year? Thereupon he said: No, but you must make an estimate of time (and then observe prayer). We said: God's Messenger, how quickly would he walk upon the earth? Thereupon he said: Like cloud driven by the wind. He would come to the people and invite them (to a wrong religion) and they would affirm their faith in him and respond to him. He would then give command to the sky and there would be rainfall upon the earth and it would grow crops. Then in the evening, their posturing animals would come to them with their humps very high and their udders full of milk and their flanks stretched. He would then come to another people and invite them. But they would reject him and he would go away from them and there would be drought for them and nothing would be left with them in the form of wealth.

He would then walk through the waste, land and say to it: Bring forth your treasures, and the treasures would come out and collect (themselves) before him like the swarm of bees. He would then call a person brimming with youth and strike him with the sword and cut him into two pieces and (make these pieces lie at a distance which is generally) between the archer and his target. He would then call (that young man) and he will come forward laughing with his face gleaming (with happiness) and [

] it would at this very time that God would send Christ, son of Mary, and he will descend at the white minaret in the eastern side of Damscus wearing two garments lightly dyed with saffron and placing his hands on the wings of two Angels. When he would lower his head, there would fall beads of perspiration from his head, and when he would raise it up, beads like pearls would scatter from it. Every non-believer who would smell the odour of his self would die and his breath would reach as far as he would be able to see. He would then search for him (Dajjal) until he would catch hold of him at the gate of Ludd and would kill him. [...]

M 24:27. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

M 24:28. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

SM 41;7015. [...] [essential portion below] Then a people whom God had protected would come to Jesus, son of Mary, and he would wipe their faces and would inform them of their ranks in Paradise and it would be under such conditions that God would reveal to Jesus these words: I have brought forth from amongst My servants such people against whom none would be able to fight; you take these people safely to Tur, and then God would send Gog and Magog and they would swarm down from every slope. The first of them would pass the lake of Tibering and drink out of it. And when the last of them would pass, he would say: There was once water there. Jesus and his companions would then be besieged here (at Tur, and they would be so much hard pressed) that the head of the ox would be dearer to them than one hundred dinirs and God's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would supplicate God, Who would send to them insects (which would attack their necks) and in the morning they would perish like one single person. God's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then come down to the earth and they would not find in the earth as much space as a single span which is not filled with their putrefaction and stench. God's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then again beseech God, Who would send birds whose necks would be like those of bactrin camels and they would carry them and throw them where God would will.

Then God would send rain which no house of clay or (the tent of) camels' hairs would keep out and it would wash away the earth until it could appear to be a mirror. Then the earth would be told to bring forth its fruit and restore its blessing and, as a result thereof, there would grow (such a big) pomegranate that a group of persons would be able to eat that, and seek shelter under its skin and milch cow would give so much milk that a whole party would be able to drink it. And the milch camel would give such (a large quantity of) milk that the whole tribe would be able to drink out of that and the milch sheep would give so much milk that the whole family would be able to drink out of that and [

] at that time God would send a pleasant wind which would soothe (people) even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.

M 24:31. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

S 39:68. And the trumpet is blown, and all who are in the heavens and all who are in the earth swoon away, save him whom God willeth. Then it is blown a second time, and behold them standing waiting!

S 39:69. And the earth shineth with the light of her Sustainer, and the Book is set up, and the prophets and the witnesses are brought, and it is judged between them with truth, and they are not wronged.

[don't know the refference for this hadith:] Mahmood bin Lubayd also reports that Allaah's Messenger (saw) said, "The thing which I fear for you most is minor shirk." They (the people) said: "And what is minor shirk, O Messenger of God?" He said: "Riya'! God the Mighty and Majestic will say, when He rewards people for their actions: "Go to those to whom you used to show off in the world and see if you can find any reward from them".

Surah 2:

166. (On the Day) when those who were followed disown those who followed (them), and they behold the doom, and all their aims collapse with them.

Matthew 7:

21. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘lord, lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

22. On that Day many will say to me, ‘lord, lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’

23. And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

S 39:70. And each soul is paid in full for what it did. And He is Best Aware of what they do.

S 39:71. And those who disbelieve are driven unto hell in troops till, when they reach it and the gates thereof are opened, and the warders thereof say unto them: Came there not unto you messengers of your own, reciting unto you the revelations of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this your Day ? they say: Yea, verily. But the word of doom of disbelievers is fulfilled.

S 39:72. It is said (unto them): Enter ye the gates of hell to dwell therein. Thus hapless is the journey's end of the scorners.

S 39:73. And those who keep their duty to their Lord are driven unto the Garden in troops till, when they reach it, and the gates thereof are opened, and the warders thereof say unto them: Peace be unto you! Ye are good, so enter ye (the Garden of delight), to dwell therein;

S 39:74. They say: Praise be to God, Who hath fulfilled His promise unto us and hath made us inherit the land, sojourning in the Garden where we will! So bounteous is the wage of workers.

S 39:75. And thou (O Muhammad) seest the angels thronging round the Throne, hymning the praises of their Lord. And they are judged aright. And it is said: Praise be to God, the Lord of the Worlds!

bamboozled
08-04-2009, 01:05 PM
I am sure I read that if someone sees the Dijjal in their life, the Prophet PBUH said they should immediately recite aytul Kursi (Chapter2 Surah Bukahar V255)

M.Zaibkhan
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
اعوذُ بااللہ مِن فتنۃ المسیح دجال

mht
11-19-2010, 05:26 AM
as-salmualikum. There is a VERY GOOD lecture regarding this topic by Sh. Abdul Bary Yahya on youtube titled "Road to Victory in Light of Suratul Kahf".... :shade:

I would have posted the link/embedded teh video, but since I dont qualify just yet, I'm unable to do so. :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.