/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Another

Peterwf
11-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Being new to Islam, what came to me was the reference in John 14:16-17 in the Christian bible.

John 14:16-17
"16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter , that He may remain with you forever--17The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you and will be in you."

The key word to me was "another" ("allos" in the Greek) meaning something of the same, not something that is diferent, so Jesus was refering not to a purely spiritual manifestation (as some Christian would suggest), but to a person, a prophet, a miracle worker.

Is this a fair understanding?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saimah Ali
11-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Huh?

- Qatada -
11-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Asalaam alaikum (peace be upon you) brother.

I would hope its the correct understanding :)

Welcome to Islam by the way brother Peter, i hope that Allah continues to guide you and support you on your path, and that He makes it easy for you to enter Paradise.

here's a good site which you may find useful;

http://www.muslimconverts.com/converts/index.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!