/* */

PDA

View Full Version : On The First Day of Dhul-Hijjah, My True Love Gave To Me…

ayan333
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM
:sl:

On The First Day of Dhul-Hijjah, My True Love Gave To Me…
Posted by AnonyMouse on November 29th, 2008 15 Comments Printer-Friendly
(Okay, maybe that’s not such a great idea for a nasheed…)

On a more serious note, I am delighted and pleased to announce to you (a bit late, perhaps) that Saturday the 29th of November, 2008 is also the first of Dhul-Hijjah, 1429 of the Hijri calendar.

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah).” The people asked, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah?” He said, “Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 2/457).

‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are no days greater in the sight of Allaah and in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Him than these ten days, so during this time recite a great deal of Tahleel (”La ilaaha ill-Allaah”), Takbeer and Tahmeed.” (Reported by Ahmad, 7/224; Ahmad Shaakir stated that it is saheeh).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you see the new moon of Dhu’l-Hijjah, if any one of you wants to offer a sacrifice, then he should stop cutting his hair and nails until he has offered his sacrifice.” According to another report he said: “He should not remove (literally, touch) anything from his hair or skin.” (reported by Muslim with four isnaads, 13/146)

Yaa Ayyuhal Muslimeen! Allah Himself swears by these 10 days… will we not give these days their due? Will we not take advantage of them? Verily, they are the best ten days that Allah has designated in the entire year; amongst these days is the blessed day of ‘Arafah, that day when He ‘azza wa jal boasts to His angels of His slaves who turn to Him in humility, that day when He will expiate the sins of the fasting person for two years: the year preceding, and the year to come. They are the days by which our Creator swore, “Wal Fajri, wa layaalin ‘ashr!”

Indeed, our true Love has given us the most precious of gifts… these first ten days of the month of Hajj. Will we not show gratitude and appreciation? Will we not pay heed to the words of our Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), when he advised us to increase in our worship of Allah subhaanahu wa ta’aala?

Let us seize the moment, let us recall the beautiful blessed days of Ramadhaan which passed us by only a few months ago, let us revive that spirit of emaan and ‘ebaadah!

Those of us who can, let us fast the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah (the 10th being ‘Eid al-Adha, when it is haraam for us to fast); if we cannot, then at least make the effort for Yawm al-’Arafah. Let us raise our voices in Takbeer, Tahmeed, Tasbeeh, and Tahleel! These days, the rewards for obedience to Allah and striving for His Pleasure are multiplied by Allah as many times as He wishes.

Woe unto those who turn their backs on these days! Woe unto those who deny Allah’s favour upon us! Woe unto those who do nothing to grow closer to Allah, and increase only in their evildoing!

Ya ayyuhal-latheena aamanu, think of what you can do to deserve that Pleasure and reward promised to the ones who make the effort! Enjoin the ties of kinship. Give in sadaqah. Perfect your salaah and increase it. Make du’a for the best of this world and the Hereafter. Recite the Qur’an and ponder upon it. Moisten your tongue with the remembrance of Allah! Think of those who are on their way right now towards the most blessed of all places on this earth to Allah, to al-Makkah al-Mukarramah, to BaytAllah al-Haraam, to perform the Hajj - Hajj Mabroor, insha’Allah. Think of them, and what they will be doing, and think of the times you went for Hajj, or beg of Allah that He make it feasible for you to go in the future.

Ya Allah, make easy the affairs of the hujjaaj and accept their Hajj. Ya Allah, make us amongst those who increase in their worship in these blessed days. Ya Allah, accept from us our fasts, our prayers, our deeds, and our intentions. Ya Allah, make us amongst those whose sins are forgiven. Ya Allah, make us amongst your believing, obedient, humble, sincere, striving, repentant slaves! Ameen, thumma ameen, ya Rabb al-’Aalameen!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amaanah
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM
:D
jazakAllaah khyaran

ayan333
11-30-2008, 09:21 PM
:sl:

wa iyaki.

SubhanALLAH i went to a Islamic convention and they even talked about it but i dnt no how it slipped my mind

InshALLAH we all should fast these last seven days InshALLAH

Re.TiReD
11-30-2008, 09:25 PM
On The First Day of Dhul-Hijjah, My True Love Gave To Me…
A dozen red roses and a load of shut-kiiii :p

Lol kiddin :-[ JazakAllah khayr!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.