/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of these thoughts

AnonymousPoster
11-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I have been having these Waswasa for a long time, Im not writing this message to know why, how and when it will stop or why it is going on or so,,,

Im writing this message Because:

Ibn Taimiya (Ra) said that Allah tests his slaves with these thoughts, but once in a while I come across some lectures where people say that if you get a single evil thought, you become a kaffir, imagine, I HATE these thoughts, and I come across people labeling such people (With waswasa) as Kafirs!

I am not completly sure if they are labeling people with waswasa as Kaffirs, but I am completly sure that they are stating that they have made kuffr and need to repent emediately, and I keep getting these thoughts day and night, allmost all the time, imagine me sitting and making Tauba all day, it is making me crazy, every time I get these thoughts, I say "Astagfirullah" knowing that these thoughts will come back!!

It would be really hard for me to sit down and make tauba every time i get such thought, because I am getting it constantly, maybe 3-10 times per hour (At the extreme) I make tauba at the end of the day alone when nobody see's except Allah and whom he wants to see, I beg for forgivness when im making Sajda, and EVERY time after prayer I make Tauba instead of Du3a!

:enough!:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-30-2008, 11:00 PM
lol thats nonsense, everyone gets evil thoughts.

even sahabi's radhiallahu anhum had thoughts which they were so ashamed of but our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam said its the whispering of the shaytaan so seek refuge from it.

subhanAllah have fear, have hope, may Allah grant us understanding.

Assalamu Alaikum

Ummu Sufyaan
12-01-2008, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Assalamu Alaikum

I have been having these Waswasa for a long time, Im not writing this message to know why, how and when it will stop or why it is going on or so,,,

Ibn Taimiya (Ra) said that Allah tests his slaves with these thoughts, but once in a while I come across some lectures where people say that if you get a single evil thought, you become a kaffir, imagine, I HATE these thoughts, and I come across people labeling such people (With waswasa) as Kafirs!

I am not completly sure if they are labeling people with waswasa as Kaffirs, but I am completly sure that they are stating that they have made kuffr and need to repent emediately, and I keep getting these thoughts day and night, allmost all the time, imagine me sitting and making Tauba all day, it is making me crazy, every time I get these thoughts, I say "Astagfirullah" knowing that these thoughts will come back!!

It would be really hard for me to sit down and make tauba every time i get such thought, because I am getting it constantly, maybe 3-10 times per hour (At the extreme) I make tauba at the end of the day alone when nobody see's except Allah and whom he wants to see, I beg for forgivness when im making Sajda, and EVERY time after prayer I make Tauba instead of Du3a!

wa alaykum us-Salaam
firstly, are you that you have understood correctly what the lecture said:? i could be a misunderstanding on your behalf. or the lecturer could have made a mistake, etc...

secondly, it isnt in your place to label Muslims as kuffaar, :skeleton: leave this to the scholars, inshallah.

thirdly, i wouldn't even pay attention to these whispers...check this thread out...

piXie
12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
:sl:

Check these threads out also:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-rid-them.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...an-waswas.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ease-help.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Taalibah~
12-06-2008, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Assalamu Alaikum

:sl:

You dont like these thoughts, you are not willingly creating them and pondering on them. No. Every time you get it you want to sit down and make Taubah. Pay no heed, the more you get aggravated the more happy shaytaan gets and the more he will do it. Every time it comes ignore it, just ignore it, so long as you know in your heart you dont believe it. And ask Allah Ta'aala his help.

mohsen1985
12-06-2008, 02:11 PM
That's not a problem! This happens to everyone. You hear or see something during the day without even paying attention to it, your subconcious just builds upon it without you even wanting this.

A couple of years ago I had some very very evil thought just coming into my head without being able to control it. I'd keep appologizing to Allah and feeling ashamed! After thinking about how I even got this idea, suddenly I realized a classmate of mine was saying something like that, I was reading at the time, so his voice was just in the background, but that was the source!

Just say astaghforellah everytime you have these thoughts, and ask Allah for strength to fight these evil thoughts. A'ozo billah mena sheitane rajim is also good to say.

You can also divert your attention elsewhere during these moments (maybe pinch yourself), makes your thoughts go away.

Goodluck :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.