/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!* Will he be rewarded for dhikr of the tongue when his heart is not focused? *!*

Khayal
12-01-2008, 12:31 AM
:arabic6:
Bismillaah!
Will he be rewarded for dhikr of the tongue when his heart is not focused?

http://islam-qa.com/

:salamext:
Question:
When I recite tasbeeh and dhikr (remembering Allaah), my heart is not focused and my mind wanders to other things. If I say tasbeeh and my mind is wandering, will I be rewarded for this tasbeeh or not?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
Dhikr-Allaah (remembrance of Allaah) is one of the greatest of good deeds and the best of actions by means of which one may draw closer to Him. There are dozens of texts which speak of its virtues, enjoin it and encourage it, such as the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Shall I not tell you of the best of your deeds, the most pleasing to your Sovereign, those that raise you most in status, and that are better than your giving gold and silver, or meeting your enemy (in battle) and you strike their necks and they strike you necks?” They said: “Yes,” He said: “Remembrance of Allaah (dhikr), may He be exalted.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (3373) and Ibn Maajah (3790); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
The most perfect of dhikr is that in which the heart and tongue are both focused, then that which is in the heart only, then that which is on the tongue only. In all cases there is reward, in sha Allaah.
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Dhikr may be in the heart, or on the tongue, but the best is that which is both in the heart and on the tongue. If it is limited to just one of them, then the heart is better. End quote from al-Adhkaar (p. 20).
But those who understand spiritual matters have drawn attention to the fact that dhikr which is limited to the tongue only and not the heart is of little value and that it is little benefit. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The types of dhikr may be in the heart and on the tongue sometimes, which is the best of dhikr, or they may be in the heart only sometimes, which is the second level, and on the tongue sometimes, which is the third level. The best of dhikr is that on which both the heart and tongue are focused, and dhikr in the heart only is better than dhikr on the tongue only, because dhikr in the heart increases knowledge, provokes love, increases shyness before Allaah, promotes fear of Allaah, calls one to draw closer to Him, and it prevents one from falling short in acts of worship and being heedless about sins and bad deeds. Dhikr on the tongue only does not give any of these results and it is of little benefit. End quote from al-Waabil al-Sayyib min al-Kalim al-Tayyib (p. 120). See also Madaarij al-Saalikeen (2/420)
We ask Allaah to make us among His slaves who remember and thank Him, and to help us to remember Him, thank Him and worship Him properly.
And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

Source.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-11-2008, 09:14 AM
:sl:
jazakillahu khair sis :)

MO783
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
:sl:

May Allah make our hearts follow the tongue when reciting zhikr of Allah

Inshallah
Ameen

*Yasmin*
12-18-2008, 05:17 AM
al-slam 3leykom

thanks alot
bark Allahu feke

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hrm
08-24-2009, 08:54 PM
:sl: :statisfie

May Allah bless you for posting such a nice article. I, however, would like to add a few words in reply to the following quote from the article:

""The most perfect of dhikr is that in which the heart and tongue are both focused, then that which is in the heart only, then that which is on the tongue only. In all cases there is reward, in sha Allaah.
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Dhikr may be in the heart, or on the tongue, but the best is that which is both in the heart and on the tongue. If it is limited to just one of them, then the heart is better. End quote from al-Adhkaar (p. 20).""

Inshallah there is reward in Dhikr be it from the tongue or heart but the question is not of reward here.The question is : why the tongue is not in conformity with the heart?
The heart and tongue would be one when you understand the meaning of the particular dikhr being recited on the beads or tasbeh. Since 75 % of Muslims population in the world today are non-arabs and only 14 % are arabs, and this majority believes, especially in a country like Pakistan, that mere recitation of quran without understanding is enough for its salvation, hence, in my humble opinion, the heart and tongue are not in conformity when reciting the dikr.
99 names of Allah have a profound meaning and deep implications behind them. If anyone recites them or use them as dikhr with understanding, they would inshallah not only feel humbleness and peace descending unto them but would also have their dua and prayers accepted, Inshallah.
May Allah keep all muslameen and musleemaat on the right track and give our hearts the peace that comes from remembering Allah through Dikhr. Aameen
:wa::statisfie

happynur
08-25-2009, 02:29 AM
for me it's ok cause our level of emaan is different from one to another.

the most important is doing dzikr as frequent as we can... cause Allah likes the continuity... :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-25-2009, 02:34 AM
Can someone get rid of this spammer :hmm: Please

Ramadhan
08-25-2009, 04:22 AM
kristen should be banned

hrm
08-25-2009, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by happynur
for me it's ok cause our level of emaan is different from one to another.

the most important is doing dzikr as frequent as we can... cause Allah likes the continuity... :)
:sl::statisfie
AlhumduAllah that your eemaan is higher than mine. But I will stick to understanding then doing dhikr. My heart find peace and harmony that way.
:wa: :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.