/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Few are those houses that are built upon love...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-01-2008, 02:17 AM
:sl:

A narration that speaks volumes from ‘Umar b. al-Khattāb (radhy Allāhu ‘anhu) in al-Kharā’itī’s (d. 327h) book on character:
“From Abu ‘Azrah al-Du’ali who lived during the time of ‘Umar (radhy Allāhu ‘anhu) and used to marry women and then separate from them, until he became known by the people for doing so, and stories would be told about him. When he heard of this, he took ‘Abd Allah b. al-Arqam home with him, and while he was listening, asked his wife, “I implore you with God’s name: Do you hate me?”

“Don’t implore me like that,” she said.

He said, “Yet I do.”

“By God, yes.” she said.

Abu ‘Azrah said to ‘Abd Allah, “Did you hear that?” They then left and went to ‘Umar, saying to him, “People say I wrong women and then separate from them. Ask Abdullah what he heard from my wife.” He did so, and ‘Umar having heard what she had said, sent for his wife.

He said to her, “Are you the one that goes and tells her husband that she hates him?”

She said, “Oh Leader of the Faithful, I am the first to repent and turn back to God’s command. He implored me in God’s name, so what was I supposed to do? Lie? I felt wrong lying!”

“Then lie,” said ‘Umar. “If one of you doesn’t love someone else they shouldn’t say so. Few are those houses that are built upon love; rather people get along by depending upon Islam and Ihsān to one another.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
12-01-2008, 02:23 AM
MashaAllah...you see marriage is about getting along by depending upon Islam and Ihsān to one another. And also rahmah from Allah swt :)

erm...but i do love my hubby :hiding:

Na7lah
12-01-2008, 02:33 AM
mashallah a very beneficial thread :thumbs_up jazakallah khair

Ummu Sufyaan
12-01-2008, 07:39 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl:

“Then lie,” said ‘Umar. ]“If one of you doesn’t love someone else they shouldn’t say so. Few are those houses that are built upon love; rather people get along by depending upon Islam and Ihsān to one another.”
mashaallah, so true...

jazakallahu khair...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
rather people get along by depending upon Islam and Ihsān to one another.”
:wasalamex

Beautiful, JazakAllah khayr.

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.