/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do you when you get insulted, etc...

Ummu Sufyaan
12-01-2008, 08:21 AM
:sl:
this question is directed mostly at the sisters, but inshallah the brothers can also reply...
what do you when you get insulted, attacked, bad mouthed for being a muslim, wearing your hijab/niqaab.

do you fight back, ignore...
i dont mean necessarily a physical fight :skeleton: but at the least give them a piece of your mind and stand your ground...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Depends on the situation. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Other times you just simply walk away. It's like dealing with youtubers - sometimes you have to show them up. Other times, they do a fine job of it themselves.

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 12:56 PM
:wasalamex

This is almost like my fight or flight thread. I dont know though, I've never been insulted in such a way...I've been asked, which is considerably different and I didnt mind answering and discussing...

WassalamuAlaykum

crayon
12-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Depends on the situation, really.

If they're just moronic insults from ignorant people, they don't even deserve a reply, so it's mostly something like this:
them- go back to where you came from, towelhead!/ you islamicz stink/ is your dad friends with bin laden?/ do your parents lock you up in the basement and chant at you from your koran?
me-

ALL RIGHTIE THEN

(with pretty much that exact facial expression)

But if it's someone who I think might actually listen to why I wear the hijab, or why islam does not condone acts of terrorism, or how women are not oppressed, I might explain to them in a sentence or two. If I get positive feedback, I'd continue, if not, I'd just leave them alone.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Taalibah~
12-01-2008, 02:14 PM
If they snub or say something kinda sarcastically i ignore. But if they are downright rude i'd say speak back to try and make them understand. Most often i ignore tho as here in SA they stare more than say anything.

Mujahidah4Allah
12-01-2008, 05:18 PM

i just walk away, cant b bothered, even though they scream in my face and stuff but i always remember the Taif incident and think allow it... but i also try and be nice like open the door for etc just to show we are humans not monsters, they dont realise i'm kinda more scared of them than they are of me...

ma'salamah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.