/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Irrational fears

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 01:09 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Or you could call them phobias. (Please dont merge this with another :$)

Do you have any? Like something really really irrational...?

I dont get how we know its irrational yet we still continue to fear it :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-01-2008, 01:12 PM
no all my fears are pretty rational...

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
<_<

Ok I meant phobias.

And can a fear really be rational?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Ok I meant phobias.
same thing

And can a fear really be rational?
yep unless fearing your always on a downward slope towards hell is irrational?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

No of course its not....but then I'd question whether or not that was an actual fear of death rather than hell itself. Because thats what it ultimately comes down to innit.

And if it was a fear of death, then why wouldnt people see it as a release instead....And learn to live their lives in such a way that they would be ok with it.

But death aside... (Coz to a Muslim thats totally rational)

WassalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
12-01-2008, 01:35 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

No of course its not....but then I'd question whether or not that was an actual fear of death

WassalamuAlaykum
if i thought there was nothing left after dying

i would never fear it one single bit

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

WassalamuAlaykum

Umm Hurairah
12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I have a phobia for changes. Any changes at all.

Al-Zaara
12-01-2008, 02:47 PM
I have a phobia for stupid people. They freak me out, I get goosebumps and heart starts beating faster...

OK, sorry, couldn't resist.

I can't recall having any phobia or irrational fear of anything, elhamdulillah. Do you have sis?

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I have a silly phobia, a completely irrational one and I feel so silly :-[

I was trying to find it in your icons, I'm sure it was there but it wasnt.

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Zaara
12-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Tell me! Seriously, though, phobias ain't anything you gotta be ashamed of. It's a psychological issue.

~Taalibah~
12-01-2008, 02:54 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

WassalamuAlaykum
:sl:
Nothing else? lol.

Fear that what i say doesnt sound right. Pretty stupid, i know but i dunno why sometimes i feel like that.

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Nothing else? lol.

Fear that what i say doesnt sound right. Pretty stupid, i know but i dunno why sometimes i feel like that.
:wasalamex

Fear of opinions maybe?

Nah these were all the images Al-Zaara had :p the phobia list is endless though.

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 03:00 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Phobia List

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Zaara
12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I dunno how accurate that list is, but quite interesting phobias they've listed.

Cabdullahi
12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Phobias?? i dont fear anything but allah!!

~Taalibah~
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
Phobias?? i dont fear anything but allah!!
Light, small day to day worldly fears?

Cabdullahi
12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Light, small day to day worldly fears?
nah im too militant to have light day to day fears lol

joking.. i hate insects :-[ moths:-[+o(

Ali.
12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
For some reason I hate touching spiders.. for example if there's one in my room, I always have to put my gloves on to carry it outside, I can never do it without any gloves, I don't know why!

Güven
12-01-2008, 06:20 PM
^oh im affraid of hurting the insects or any other animal while touching them :skeleton:
and besides that uhmm...nothing worldy fears I think :?

Whatsthepoint
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't like insects or spiders or any other multiple legged being and unlike the gentle posters above me, I juts kill the beats.

Mysterious Uk
12-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a weird phobia, well i wouldn't really call it a phobia cos it isn't that serious. It doesnt have a name so i will give it one... handbreakophobia. Doesn't sound v. good like, well anyways, i no someone hu didn't put their handbreak on properly and so their car was rolling away and nearly crashed. Ever since i have heard this story i have a phobia i might forget to put my handbreak on (being the idiot i am) so i'm sometimes double checking my car hasn't rolled away lol.

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
I have a weird phobia, well i wouldn't really call it a phobia cos it isn't that serious. It doesnt have a name so i will give it one... handbreakophobia. Doesn't sound v. good like, well anyways, i no someone hu didn't put their handbreak on properly and so their car was rolling away and nearly crashed. Ever since i have heard this story i have a phobia i might forget to put my handbreak on (being the idiot i am) so i'm sometimes double checking my car hasn't rolled away lol.
Happened to me too...:$

but it didnt develop into a phobia alhamdulillah :p

Z-Blade
12-01-2008, 11:08 PM
:salamext:,

Is fear of attention irrational? :o

AssalamuAlaykum

WassalamuAlaykum
LOL, fear of men, that's so irrational ;D. Fear of women on the other hand is... totally rational! *Runs away*

Wassalam :skeleton:

chacha_jalebi
12-01-2008, 11:10 PM
i used to have a phobia of peanut butter :embarrass until one of my friends tricked me into eatin a peanut butter biscuit and all was well:D

like phobias are all in the mind, if your scared of ants or whatever, just get someone to lock you in a room full of ants, and make sure they stand at the door and hold it down, so you cant escape :D and after the intial trauma and screamin you will get used to them and woo hoo you will be cured!!!

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i used to have a phobia of peanut butter :embarrass until one of my friends tricked me into eatin a peanut butter biscuit and all was well:D

like phobias are all in the mind, if your scared of ants or whatever, just get someone to lock you in a room full of ants, and make sure they stand at the door and hold it down, so you cant escape :D and after the intial trauma and screamin you will get used to them and woo hoo you will be cured!!!
;D peanut butter!

yeah thats a technique known as flooding. Can be dangerous though.

And fear of men is not irrational :mmokay:

Mysterious Uk
12-01-2008, 11:13 PM

Yeh, i'm not guna put my handbreak on and crash into a wall :D just kidding.

chacha_jalebi
12-01-2008, 11:15 PM
what do you mean by irrational?

if someone fears men and they are women and if a man fears a woman, not me ofcourse:embarrass , but the world will call them all sorts of names:D

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
what do you mean by irrational?

if someone fears men and they are women and if a man fears a woman, not me ofcourse:embarrass , but the world will call them all sorts of names:D
irrational like you know its something u have no need to be afraid of....it doesnt make sense yet u still fear it :-[

chacha_jalebi
12-01-2008, 11:22 PM
but to some people some fears might be irrational and some fears to others may be rational,

like my mum is really freaked by snakes, and my dad thinks thats a old of crap:p so again it depends on peoples views!

the most interestin bit about phobias, is that they are triggered by childhood experiences :D

Re.TiReD
12-01-2008, 11:23 PM

the most interestin bit about phobias, is that they are triggered by childhood experiences :D
I refuse to believe that! :mmokay:

My childhood was fab alhamdulillah! Dont know where my retarded fears come from :-[

Mysterious Uk
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM

My childhood was fab alhamdulillah! Dont know where my retarded fears come from :-[
Yeh i think some phobias can be explained by childhood experiences, not all phobias though.

chacha_jalebi
12-01-2008, 11:27 PM
truss sister

not negative childhood experiences, like there must have been somethin in your childhood that makes you fear whatever you doooo diddly doo, for example who remembas goosebumps them horror books, someone i know is scared of bumps or bumpy thins because them books freaked them out when they was small,

it dont mean you had bad childhood event, it could be a event or situation, like a ant was crawlin on you when you were sleepin and you began hatin ants, summin like that :D

Mysterious Uk
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
truss sister

not negative childhood experiences, like there must have been somethin in your childhood that makes you fear whatever you doooo diddly doo, for example who remembas goosebumps them horror books, someone i know is scared of bumps or bumpy thins because them books freaked them out when they was small,

it dont mean you had bad childhood event, it could be a event or situation, like a ant was crawlin on you when you were sleepin and you began hatin ants, summin like that :D
LoL oh right. Well it's ur own fault we didn't understand like, u shuda been clearer :)

Ummu Sufyaan
12-02-2008, 09:28 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Or you could call them phobias. (Please dont merge this with another :$)

Do you have any? Like something really really irrational...?

I dont get how we know its irrational yet we still continue to fear it :-[

WassalamuAlaykum
i used to have this really abnormal fear of earthquakes :skeleton:...it was long ago...maybe it was more of an anxiety...duno...

otherwise, i cant really think of anything unique, so to speak, that im afraid of that most people would be too...
okay thats half a lie :-[

~Taalibah~
12-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Yea, for instance i was not afraid of the dark when i was a child now for some insane reason i am.:X

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.