/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam guys and girls

anonymous
12-01-2008, 03:04 PM
I just wanted to know what u would do in this situation its nothing serious but its bugging me...I fully understand that some people cannot for whatever reason take a day of work/school for eid...however heres the situation i'm in I decided to volunteer for an Eid project on the day of eid but I get a feeling my teacher doesn't really like islam bu anywayz thats nothing to do with me his loss anyway I have A level exams in Jan and his saying considering the holidays and days that we have school for whatever reason there only a few days were we actually have him helping us in class b4 the exam AND WE CANNOT MISS 1 DAY...this teacher is pretty intimadating and he has previously complained about people missing school on eid day...now I don't wanna go to school because I voluteered for the event and I don't think they have that many voluteeers anyway an I don't want to let my brothers and sisters down who went thru so many things for us to have Eid an open space like our Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him).

So I was just wondering who would just take the day off no matter what happened and the teacher got angry or who would go to school but then let everyone down? Also would you just take the day of without telling him and what if he specifically told you on the Friday b4 the Eid day you must be in Monday?

BTW I KNOW THIS IS REALLY TRIVIAL AND PEOPLE FACE THINGS WHICH ARE MILLIONS TIMES WORSE BUT I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT OTHERS WOUD DO or maybe to even grow up and stop complaining lol. But seriously what do u guys think?:blind:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
:sl:

istikhaarah prayer;
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/11981
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/search/is...AllWords/t,q,a

On the authority of Jaabir Ibn ‘Abdullah he said: The Prophet (S) would instruct us to pray for guidance in all of our concerns, just as he would teach us a chapter from the Qur’an. He (S) would say ‘if any of you intends to undertake a mater then let him pray two supererogatory units (two rak’ah naafilah) of prayer and after which he should supplicate:
(i)

‘O Allaah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge and by Your power I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favour, for verily You are able while I am not and verily You know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allaah, if You know this affair -and here he mentions his need- to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless me with it, and if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it , and decree for me what is good wherever it be and make me satisfied with such.’
One who seeks guidance from his Creator and consults his fellow believers and then remains firm in his resolve does not regret for Allaah has said:
(ii)

‘…and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allaah…”
http://makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=26

piXie
12-01-2008, 08:45 PM

Be in school on Eid Day? No way! They get 2 whole weeks to celebrate their Christmas, n we can't even have one day to celebrate our Eid?

we should appeal against this unfairness...! :bump:

If I were u, I'd take the day off n then perhaps buy the teacher a nice Eid Present so he wouldn't be tooooooo mad :p

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2008, 11:33 AM
[MAD]in that situation the rebel within shall be unleashed[/MAD]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 01:01 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I have to go uni on Eid too else she'll fail me...imsad :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2008, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum

I have to go uni on Eid too else she'll fail me...imsad :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum
[MAD]unleash the rebel!![/MAD]

[S]or at least throw papers at her in class[/S]

Sahabiyaat
12-02-2008, 01:32 PM
put glue on her chair :D

or else excalim loudly all the things you wud prefer to be doing rather than sitting in a room with her, listening to her babble which sounds remotely chinese,or else thats what ur hearing.

or just burst out crying and shell let u go :laugh:

Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
[mad]unleash the rebel!![/mad]

[s]or at least throw papers at her in class[/s]
LoL I'm attempting to write her an extremely polite but persuasive email right now actually :p

or just burst out crying and shell let u go :laugh:
Tried and tested ;D :-[

LoL!

IbnAbdulHakim
12-02-2008, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
LoL I'm attempting to write her an extremely polite but persuasive email right now actually :p

!
allow me to be of assistance here

Dear mrs Fatty (replace fatty with actual name),

It will shatter the frame developed over years for me to miss a day of Eid with my family, as the eldest it is my responsibility and duty to overlook each and every aspect of the day and ensure its smooth running. Missing it will be catastrophic to both my family and my faith.

In hopes of your fat head (edit out fat head) understanding

Yours Angrily (Replace with Sincerely)

Woman who wants to chop your head off (Print your name here)

Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
allow me to be of assistance here

Dear mrs Fatty (replace fatty with actual name),

It will shatter the frame developed over years for me to miss a day of Eid with my family, as the eldest it is my responsibility and duty to overlook each and every aspect of the day and ensure its smooth running. Missing it will be catastrophic to both my family and my faith.

In hopes of your fat head (edit out fat head) understanding

Yours Angrily (Replace with Sincerely)

Woman who wants to chop your head off (Print your name here)
;D

;D

Ohhh SubhanAllah! I havnt laughed that much in ages ;D LOL! LOL at fatty too :X :p

nah I think I'll be nice and say that it's the last lecture before we break for christmas so it'll be useless anyway :p

Or I'll say something like, Dear J, throughout the year you have provided for me an atmosphere of unconditional positive regard, empathy and congruence, you are not allowing yourself to remain within my frame of reference by refusing to understand how much Eid means to me :cry:

Lol nah insha'Allah she'll let me...insha'Allah...if not momma wont be very happy :skeleton:

*Marwah
12-02-2008, 03:08 PM
sister ur teacher and my head teacher are the Same:blind:
i dont care what they say:D
And yahh im taking off 2-3 days off..:happy:
:wasalamex

anonymous
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Aww sis I hope you don't get failed for not coming in...inshallah you won't. I just don't understand why these people can't let u take a few days off...I'm not even taking 3 days of just 1 which means I only miss 1 HOUR and thats it! Gosh.

Yeah bro I'm am just going to rebel lol. haha nice idea pixie but I don't even think he likes muslims so I don't want to waste my money getting him anything. I feel worse for my brother he's actually got exams that whole week of eid.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.