/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eiddddddddd !!!!!!!!!!

anonymous
12-01-2008, 04:33 PM
So numba one y do we ave 2 eids? y do the da days change? thanx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-02-2008, 04:18 AM
one is a celebration of breaking fast, and the other a celebration of the sacrifice and start of Hajj.. they change because they follow a lunar calendar not a solar one.. lunar calendar is 11 days shorter per year than solar hence it changes..

Allah swt knows best but that is the gist..

:w:

anonymous
12-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Asalamu Alaikum sis thank u so much...this non-muslim was asking me and I was lyk 1 Eid is a sort of thanksgiving cos ur thanking Allah for the blessed month of ramadan and the other is the sacrifical eid then she asked how do u kno when they are and I was like well one is straight after Ramadan and the other after Hajj then she was like well how do u know when they are an i was lyk erm erm erm erm I'll find that out

Banu_Hashim
12-02-2008, 09:23 PM
yep, that's right. It good to know why we do things as muslims, because when people ask us it sounds better than "um... I dunno... just do".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!