/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Surah verse 72 problem

Faisal Pervaiz
12-01-2008, 08:36 PM
"Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire".

why dosetn it say the gas that feeds the fire, why trees???

It seems old fashioned, as thesedays we use gas for fire instead of wood surley it could have said gas instead of wood?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-01-2008, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faisal Pervaiz
"Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire".

why dosetn it say the gas that feeds the fire, why trees???

It seems old fashioned, as thesedays we use gas for fire instead of wood surley it could have said gas instead of wood?

:salamext:

Because fuel is part of the equation.

3 things are required to cause a fire; Oxygen, Fuel and Ignition.

If there was no fuel, then the fire couldn't begin. That's extremely important. So either of these could be mentioned, and Allah chose to mention the fuel i.e. wood.

The Qur'an is for all times and something which people be in search for when its lacking, and it has more of an effect since people can see it as a substance clearly. Whereas people take oxygen for granted. By losing fuel, people will feel more in a state of desperation in asking Allah for it. Compared to oxygen which is always present alhamdulillah.

Faisal Pervaiz
12-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Couldnt Allah mention gas instead of trees as a fuel?, wouldnt this be more apporpriate?

- Qatada -
12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Couldnt Allah mention gas instead of trees as a fuel?, wouldnt this be more apporpriate?

:salamext:

When would a person be more desperate to ask Allah for help and humble himself? When he ran out of oxygen [which we take for granted] to cook a meal or when he ran out of fuel [which many of the times people run out of]?

Remember Allah takes these issues into consideration so mankind reflects more. Most people reflect in a moment of dire need and desperation.

If he ran out of oxygen, he would be dead. If he ran out of fuel, he could still humble himself and ask Allah for fuel.

Anyway, theres nothing 'old' about the verse. It could have been any of the 3 ingredients for fire i mentioned earlier. And Allah mentioned the fuel as wood while knowing what He is saying. That's how simple it is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
12-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Greetings,
I still have a log fire in my house. :)

Peace

SixTen
12-01-2008, 09:16 PM
One strange topic.... Umm, no I don't see why it would be more appropriate to use gas. If you don't understand the verse, its stating - are you the one who creates the TREE - that tree which many people use to feed a fire. It has nothing to do with, or concerns, how a fire is fed, but merely talks about the wonder that is a tree - and who else created it but Allah. It is not uncommon at all that people use trees to feed fires, even today, so again, I really don't see why you find this verse puzzling. Sure it could state "Is it you who created the Gas", but how many people even understood gas fourteen hundred years ago? Not something you can see, now a tree, thats what I'm talking about.

Faisal Pervaiz
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.