/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A disconnect with people

transition?
12-02-2008, 03:01 AM
For years, I had been alone in my fight. Conquering my soul was and could be only my fight. We die alone and the burden of our actions are on ourselves. Betrayed by the illusions and hypocrisy of the world, which people around me upheld, I was nevertheless responsible for my faith. In my years of disillusionment, Islam consoled me. People had been the cause of the pain. People were after all the reason I was fooled; they were fooled and fooled me, too, for so long. After delving into Islamic books, I learned about the complexities of the human soul and the nature of humans.
From this, I found courage to join the world of people at a slow pace. But at times, when my heart would begin to crumble from the pain, I found people to blame and disconnect would widen. Their foolishness. How easily they are tempted. Dead and lost. But many wise people have said, " the way you see other is a reflection of the way you are. There foolishness is my foolishness.
The pain from my struggle has yet to end. While I no longer blame people, I find no time to be with people as I am consumed by own burdens. Some day, one day, slowly but surely, I will listen to cries, see the smiles, absorb the speeches of my fellow people. That day will be the day when I trust in my Lord with my affairs, finding peace with my struggle, so I can think of all you brothers and sisters. Because people deserve the patience I was given and they deserve the opportunity I was given and people deserve the mercy I was given.

I probably killed the poem trend, but I just can't think poetically. So Here's some prose =).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.