/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reps

Yanal
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM
:w:
I may have seen this in people but i also may be wrong that people envy others repeutation. I just made this thread to calm down those people that get jelous of reps because i knowThat it happens because we are humans and that’s how we function our bodies.For example Guven has just joined a few months ago and has a good rep because he is focused on one thing and that is nature. I am interested in fish and might post a few pictures or threads. This is a Islamic based forum and we are not competing for reps we are trying to get knowledge.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
heck no

we are here for repssssssss all the way lol

Güven
12-02-2008, 05:53 PM
:salamext:

Me only focused on nature ? no thats not true I am mainly interested in Islam and then other random things such as nature etc. so not only nature :)
but who would be jealous of reps ? lol reps mean nothing...

Nájlá
12-02-2008, 07:07 PM
snap^

reps mean nothin to me but sometimes some people rep ya to tell u something and thats perfectly fine with me....and we all joined here:
1)to find out more about islam
2)learn more about our lovely deen.
3)to share our knowledge and spread naseeha(reminders) and 'ilm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
12-02-2008, 09:27 PM
:sl:

I am here to learn/share about my deen. Not to score any brownie points. May ALlah protect me from falling into arrogance ameen. I don't see why the rep number is visible tho? The rep power can still be in place without needing to make it public. This is not a popularity contest InshaAllah.

The rep system is probably in place: so that members can say something to someone like eg: thanks, jzk, to correct, to ask for something, without taking the thread off topic.

mystifyed
12-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Reps dont mean anything to me
i was on this forum and they removed the rep system
i'm here to learn and share my knowledge

Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I am interested in fish
I just made a fish thread ;D

Yanal
12-03-2008, 04:07 PM
NOOOOOOO. Anyway yeah thats the main point of this thread.

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I knew this was a silent plea for reps, I knew it ;D

I think reps should be reset....actually they should just go like they did with Ummah forum.

I remember the time it was possible to have a conversation in reps, like you didnt have to wait before repping the same person again, Ahh the dayss :shade: :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Ali.
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

I think reps should be reset....actually they should just go like they did with Ummah forum.
Disagreed!

I think it's a nice way to give compliments in a slightly encouraging tone, if you know what I mean.

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Disagreed!

I think it's a nice way to give compliments in a slightly encouraging tone, if you know what I mean.
Yeh I guess, I just dislike the hype.

And yeh actually we should leave em as they are, it's a good way to bribe certain mods *cough* :p

youngsister
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
:sl: LoL sorry but i find it funny. Who cares about rep? I mean is nice when people leave you messages BUT i am sure thats not what people think before making a topic.

feel free to give me one though;D
Joking:D

Al-Zaara
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
What hype? I must have missed it. Envy? I must have missed it. Maybe you just see in others what you actually feel yourself... :p

But I agree with brother Ali here. It's a nice gesture.

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
What hype? I must have missed it. Envy? I must have missed it. Maybe you just see in others what you actually feel yourself... :p

I dont feel no hype or envy, why do you think I get my name changed so much ;D I'm not bothered about the rep deduction :p

Ansariyah
12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Yanal u like guven alot don't u:p:...u lucky he's all chill n tolerant. lol

Güven
12-03-2008, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara

I agree with this , I didnt see a hype neither :p

Güven
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Yanal u like guven alot don't u:p:...u lucky he's all chill n tolerant. lol
lol nah we brothers :coolious:

Chill? , indeeed its very chilly here :skeleton:

Yanal
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah i like him as a brother and yeah i am chillly too. Anyway no this was not a thread for me getting reps this was to make a debate on reps (i wouldnt mind thought:d

Yanal
01-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Asalam Alaykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh

This is an issue again.... I started to post serious answers and started helping people but I get nothing , comedy or SPAM isn't everything some people should learn that. ... This is an Islamic community not a Spam or entertaining community.
Just giving my thoughts.

Whatsthepoint
01-03-2009, 02:45 AM
The rep system is an utter sham.

Yanal
01-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Asalam A'laykum Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing to that statement but have very much doubts on that topic.

julie sarri
01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
i like to give reps to others reps dont bother me i am here to learn

Ummu Sufyaan
01-03-2009, 08:32 AM
:sl:
^yh same.
bro yanal, the best thing to do is not expect favors in return. you'll be more happier. :D

nebula
01-03-2009, 10:08 AM
i dont talk to people with lower rep then me...^o)

Tony
01-03-2009, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
The rep system is an utter sham.
Yes to some extent, We can all mould words to get reps from people when Allah alone knows us inside. However the reps are generally awarded for promoting peace within Islam, therefore encouraging pious and righteous content within the forum

Far7an
01-03-2009, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

This is an issue again.... I started to post serious answers and started helping people but I get nothing , comedy or SPAM isn't everything some people should learn that. ... This is an Islamic community not a Spam or entertaining community.
Just giving my thoughts.
Wa alaikum asalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I'm not a really big fan of the rep system, but if it is removed then what you'll get is more spammers. More one lined witty comments being posted which would have otherwise been passed over through reps.

Silver Pearl
01-03-2009, 10:33 AM
:wasalamex

If you post enough spam then your chances of increasing rep doubles! [See top posters for further detail :p] If rep points were chocolate buttons then things would get so exciting! I wouldn't be able to control my inner competitive side. Until then. Meh.

Far7an
01-03-2009, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl

If you post enough spam then your chances of increasing rep doubles! [See top posters for further detail :p] If rep points were chocolate buttons then things would get so exciting! I wouldn't be able to control my inner competitive side. Until then. Meh.
Now imagine posts like this, but on a much larger scale! Sometimes we need to make use of a little evil (the rep system) to prevent a far greater evil!

Najm
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Wow !!! Chocolate buttons where??? I want some now!!!!:embarrass

Reps is really a great way to show ones gratitude for a great post. On the other hand to tell them off when they done something stupid :p

We should have like a fav poster list based only on the islamic content. That way i could get to find the better content quite easily. I tend to look through Abu Sayyad, Qatada, Al-Habeshi, etc their posts tend to be really great, and it tends to be much more islamic based.:rolleyes:

Note: Have respect for all of you :p

FiAmaaniAllah

Abu Musab
01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
If i was here for the reps then i'd be a regular poster :|

Abu Musab
01-03-2009, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Just giving my thoughts.
:w:

You should actually be thankful for that, otherwise your good deeds will be wasted, because then you won't be posting islamic stuff for the sake of teaching, but you'll be posting it for the sake of reps, you'll be like selling the deen for a couple of reps :astagfiru

Ansariyah
01-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Wow thanks for ur honesty that hit the nail right on the head.
:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.