/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Speaking...

Ansariyah
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM

Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudree (ra) reported that the Prophet (SAWS) said:

“When the Son of Adam wakes from his sleep, all of his body parts seek refuge from his tongue, saying:
‘Fear Allaah with regard to us, for indeed we are part of you. So if you are correct, then we will be correct and if you are corrupted, then we shall be corrupted.”
[A hasan hadeeth reported by At-Tirmidhee and others]

‘Uqbah Ibn ‘Aamir (ra) reported:

‘I said:
‘O Messenger of Allaah (Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) , how does one attain salvation?’ He said:
‘Restrain your tongue, remain in your home and weep over your sins.”
[An authentic hadeeth reported by Ibn Al-Mubaarak in Az-Zuhd and it has support in Ahmad]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

JazakAllah khayr for the excellent reminder sis!

Allah says:

“Not a word does one utter, except that there is an (angel) Watching, Ready to record it.” [Surah Qaaf: 18]

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported words of Prophet (SAWS):

‘Whosoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, then let him speak good or remain silent.’ [Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree]

Abu Moosaa Al-Ash’aree (RA) said:

“I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah Which of the Muslims is best?’ He (SAWS) said: ‘He whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe from.”’
[Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported that he heard the Prophet (SAWS) said:

‘Indeed, the servant will speak a word, while being unaware of (its consequences), and due to it, he will be cast into the Hellfire, farther than the distance between the east and the west.’
[Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim]

Sufyaan Ibn ‘Abdillaah (ra) reported that prophet said:

‘O Messenger of Allaah (SAWS) , tell me of a matter that I may cling tightly onto.’ He (SAWS) said: ‘Say: I believe in Allaah and then remain steadfast (upon that).’ I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah (SAWS) , what is the most serious thing that I should fear for myself?’ So he (SAWS) took a hold of his tongue and said: ‘This.
[An authentic hadeeth reported by At-Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah and others]

:salamext:

Ansariyah
12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas said:
“Set a limit to your jokes, for going to extremes makes you lose respect and incites the foolish against you.”

Na7lah
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
mashallah excellent thread jazakallah khair :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
12-02-2008, 10:58 PM
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Do not laugh too much, for laughing too much deadens the heart.”
(Saheeh al-Jaami’, 7312)

Ansariyah
12-02-2008, 11:00 PM
‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
“Whoever laughs too much or jokes too much loses respect, and whoever persists in doing something will be known for it.”

Ansariyah
12-02-2008, 11:05 PM
The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said:

"Sometimes, a person says a thing which pleases Allah, and in return Allah raises his status (rewards him), and sometimes a persons says something which displeases Allah, and it takes him to Hell."
[Saheeh al-Bukharee]

ayan333
12-03-2008, 12:43 AM
:sl:

SubhanALLAH!!!!

great reminder

:w:

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 01:52 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Hasan al-Basri: "These people have become bored with worship, and speech has become light upon their tongues, and their piety has decreased, and that is why they speak."

Narrated by Ahmad in az-Zuhd and Aboo Nu'aym in al-Hilyah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.