PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Zinaa



Re.TiReD
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
:salamext:

* The Prophet said, “There is no sin after shirk greater in the sight of Allah than a drop of semen which a man places in the womb which is not lawful for him.” [al-Bukhari, Kitabul-Hudood]



* “They [the 2 angels] told me [the Prophet] to proceed on: so we proceeded on and passed by a hole like an oven with a narrow top and wide bottom and the fire was kindling underneath that hole. Whenever the fire-flame went up, the people were lifted up to such an extent that they were about to get out of it, and whenever the fire got quieter, the people went down into it and there were naked men and women in it. I said ‘Who (what) is this?’ They told me to proceed on… They explained to him the meaning of what he saw and they told him: “And those whom you saw in the hole (like an oven) were Az-Zunaat (those who committed illegal sexual intercourse)” [al-Bukhari, The Book Of Funerals] - from a longer hadith on punishments of the Hereafter



* al-Fudyal ibn Iyyad said, “Music is the ruqyaa [incantation] of zinaa.”



* In explaining the meaning of the verse concerning Hell, “It has seven gates, for each of those gates is a (special) class (of sinners) assigned.” [Al-Qur’aan 15:44];



* ‘Ataa says: “The most severe of these gates in terms of heat, pain, sorrow, and stinking air is the gate for the doers of fornication, who did it (even) after knowing the awfulness of it.”



* The Prophet said, “If one of you were to be stabbed in the head with a piece of iron it would be better for him than if he were to touch a woman whom it is not permissible for him to touch.” [Reported by al-Tabaraani; see also Sahih al-Jami’, 5045].




This refers to the punishment for touching, so how about worse deeds, such as embracing and kissing, and even worse kinds of illicit activity?!




A poet of ancient times has said:

‘All affairs begin with the sight,
the raging fire a spark can ignite




*****************************






‘While a contemporary poet declares:

‘A look, then a smile,
then a nod of the head,
then a talk, then a promise,
then the warmth of the bed’






Imam Ahmad rahimahullah said: “I do not know of any sin after murder that is worse than zina.”



* During his ascension, the Prophet was escorted by Jibreel and shown different types of punishments meted out to those guilty of various major offenses. While recounting the various scenes shown to him, he said, “Then Jibreel took me and we passed by a group of people with terribly inflated bodies emitting worst foul smells just like that of open sewers; when I enquired who they were, he replied, ‘These are those who commit adultery!’” [Ibn Khuzaymah]



* Narrated in Sahih al-Bukhari from ‘Amr ibn Maymoon who said: “During the Jaahiliyyah I saw a monkey which had committed zina, so the other monkeys got together and stoned it, and I stoned it with them.” [al-Manaaqib # 5360]




Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullah) said: “Allah ordained punishment for zina that differs from the punishment for other crimes in three ways:

  • 1 - Execution in the most unpleasant form; when the punishment is reduced, it still combines the physical punishment of flogging with the emotional punishment of banishment.
  • 2 - He forbade people when carrying out the punishment on the adulterers, to feel pity for them that would prevent them from carrying out the punishment. By His mercy towards them He prescribed this punishment, and He is more merciful to them than you, but His mercy did not prevent Him from ordaining this punishment, so your pity should not prevent you from carrying out His command…
  • 3 - He enjoined that their punishment be carried out in the presence of some of the believers; it should not be done in isolation where no one can see them. That is more effective in serving the purpose of the punishment, and serves as a deterrent. [Al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, p. 144, 115 ]


Allah says in soorat an-Nisaa, when listing the women forbidden to marry: “Also (forbidden are) women already married…” [5:24].
The word used here for that type of woman is ‘Muhsanaat’ which literally means ‘fortified’ from the word hisn meaning fort. It’s as if it’s saying the married woman are protected and preserved by marriage.




An Arabic saying says:

A look, then a smile,

then a greeting,then speaking,

then an appointment, then a meeting



*




Ibn ‘Abbas radiallahu ‘anh narrated: “I have not seen anything resembling allamam (minor sins) than what Abu Hurayrah radiallahu ‘anh narrated from the prophet who said:

“Allah has written for Adam’s son his share of adultery which he commits inevitably. The adultery of the eyes is the sight (to gaze at a forbidden thing), the adultery of the tongue is the talk, and the innerself wishes and desires and the private parts testify all this or deny it.” [sahih al-Bukhari, hadith 260 vol 8]




* ‘Iktimah, Sumay’ and Kurayb report that Ibn ‘Abbaas – Allah be pleased with them – said to them: “Marry, for if the servant of Allah commits fornication Allah snatches the light of imaan from him, and may or may not return it to him.” [Ibn Sa’d in At-Tabaqaat Al-Kubraa 5/287]

:salamext:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faith.
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,
Allah has written for Adam’s son his share of adultery which he commits inevitably. The adultery of the eyes is the sight (to gaze at a forbidden thing), the adultery of the tongue is the talk, and the innerself wishes and desires and the private parts testify all this or deny it.” [sahih al-Bukhari, hadith 260 vol 8]
Jazakallah or sharing sis:thumbs_up
Reply

ayan333
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by XxFaithxX
AssalamuAlaykum,

Jazakallah or sharing sis:thumbs_up
:sl:

ok,can someone please explain to me this Ahadith???

:w:
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-02-2008, 11:56 PM
:sl:
al-Fudyal ibn Iyyad said, “Music is the ruqyaa [incantation] of zinaa.
This is an awesome quote..I'd love to know the exact reference for it.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
ayan333
12-03-2008, 12:06 AM
:sl:

SubhanALLAH everyone should defenitly send this to all their friends!!!!

:w:
Reply

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl:
al-Fudyal ibn Iyyad said, “Music is the ruqyaa [incantation] of zinaa.
This is an awesome quote..I'd love to know the exact reference for it.
:wasalamex

I'm sorry Akhee, I have no idea. I'll try finding out though insha'Allah.

BarakAllah feekum ppl.

WassalamuAlaykum
Reply

~Taalibah~
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
:sl:
Subhanallah! May Allah Protect us.

Jazakallah for the reminder Amatul Wadud.
Reply

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl:
al-Fudyal ibn Iyyad said, “Music is the ruqyaa [incantation] of zinaa.
This is an awesome quote..I'd love to know the exact reference for it.
:wasalamex

A reply on another forum:

Wa alaikum salaam

I just searched for it and this came up: http://www.mahaja.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16414


The book is القول الوضَّاح فيما يجري في الولائم والأفراح by أحمد بن حجر


Dunno anything 'bout it tho, whether its reliable or not.
WassalamuAlaykum

Originally Posted by Sabeeha
:sl:
Subhanallah! May Allah Protect us.

Jazakallah for the reminder Amatul Wadud.
Wa'alaykum salam

Ameen, BarakAllah feeki!

WassalamuAlaykum
Reply

themuffinman
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
soooo is there no repentance for zinaa!???????????????????????
Reply

themuffinman
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
or what if sum1 committed zinaa in the time when sharia law was still in affect but noone found out, could he repent or would he have to confess and face the punishment in this life so he can be forgiven in the next?!
Reply

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by themuffinman
or what if sum1 committed zinaa in the time when sharia law was still in affect but noone found out, could he repent or would he have to confess and face the punishment in this life so he can be forgiven in the next?!
AssalamuAlaykum

I read a story about one who commited Zinaa but Allah (swt) concealed his sin, he then went and told the Prophet I think it was, about his sin...and he was punished for it but later it was said that if Allah (swt) had concealed his sin he should have left it that way. Allahu A'lam.

Repent the way you would for any sin insha'Allah

WassalamuAlaykum
Reply

Zahida
12-03-2008, 06:35 PM
:sl:Absoluetly WOW!!!:):w:
Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
:salamext:

* The Prophet said, “There is no sin after shirk greater in the sight of Allah than a drop of semen which a man places in the womb which is not lawful for him.” [al-Bukhari, Kitabul-Hudood]



* “They [the 2 angels] told me [the Prophet] to proceed on: so we proceeded on and passed by a hole like an oven with a narrow top and wide bottom and the fire was kindling underneath that hole. Whenever the fire-flame went up, the people were lifted up to such an extent that they were about to get out of it, and whenever the fire got quieter, the people went down into it and there were naked men and women in it. I said ‘Who (what) is this?’ They told me to proceed on… They explained to him the meaning of what he saw and they told him: “And those whom you saw in the hole (like an oven) were Az-Zunaat (those who committed illegal sexual intercourse)” [al-Bukhari, The Book Of Funerals] - from a longer hadith on punishments of the Hereafter



* al-Fudyal ibn Iyyad said, “Music is the ruqyaa [incantation] of zinaa.”



* In explaining the meaning of the verse concerning Hell, “It has seven gates, for each of those gates is a (special) class (of sinners) assigned.” [Al-Qur’aan 15:44];



* ‘Ataa says: “The most severe of these gates in terms of heat, pain, sorrow, and stinking air is the gate for the doers of fornication, who did it (even) after knowing the awfulness of it.”



* The Prophet said, “If one of you were to be stabbed in the head with a piece of iron it would be better for him than if he were to touch a woman whom it is not permissible for him to touch.” [Reported by al-Tabaraani; see also Sahih al-Jami’, 5045].




This refers to the punishment for touching, so how about worse deeds, such as embracing and kissing, and even worse kinds of illicit activity?!




A poet of ancient times has said:

‘All affairs begin with the sight,
the raging fire a spark can ignite




*****************************






‘While a contemporary poet declares:

‘A look, then a smile,
then a nod of the head,
then a talk, then a promise,
then the warmth of the bed’






Imam Ahmad rahimahullah said: “I do not know of any sin after murder that is worse than zina.”



* During his ascension, the Prophet was escorted by Jibreel and shown different types of punishments meted out to those guilty of various major offenses. While recounting the various scenes shown to him, he said, “Then Jibreel took me and we passed by a group of people with terribly inflated bodies emitting worst foul smells just like that of open sewers; when I enquired who they were, he replied, ‘These are those who commit adultery!’” [Ibn Khuzaymah]



* Narrated in Sahih al-Bukhari from ‘Amr ibn Maymoon who said: “During the Jaahiliyyah I saw a monkey which had committed zina, so the other monkeys got together and stoned it, and I stoned it with them.” [al-Manaaqib # 5360]




Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullah) said: “Allah ordained punishment for zina that differs from the punishment for other crimes in three ways:

  • 1 - Execution in the most unpleasant form; when the punishment is reduced, it still combines the physical punishment of flogging with the emotional punishment of banishment.
  • 2 - He forbade people when carrying out the punishment on the adulterers, to feel pity for them that would prevent them from carrying out the punishment. By His mercy towards them He prescribed this punishment, and He is more merciful to them than you, but His mercy did not prevent Him from ordaining this punishment, so your pity should not prevent you from carrying out His command…
  • 3 - He enjoined that their punishment be carried out in the presence of some of the believers; it should not be done in isolation where no one can see them. That is more effective in serving the purpose of the punishment, and serves as a deterrent. [Al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, p. 144, 115 ]


Allah says in soorat an-Nisaa, when listing the women forbidden to marry: “Also (forbidden are) women already married…” [5:24].
The word used here for that type of woman is ‘Muhsanaat’ which literally means ‘fortified’ from the word hisn meaning fort. It’s as if it’s saying the married woman are protected and preserved by marriage.




An Arabic saying says:

A look, then a smile,

then a greeting,then speaking,

then an appointment, then a meeting



*




Ibn ‘Abbas radiallahu ‘anh narrated: “I have not seen anything resembling allamam (minor sins) than what Abu Hurayrah radiallahu ‘anh narrated from the prophet who said:

“Allah has written for Adam’s son his share of adultery which he commits inevitably. The adultery of the eyes is the sight (to gaze at a forbidden thing), the adultery of the tongue is the talk, and the innerself wishes and desires and the private parts testify all this or deny it.” [sahih al-Bukhari, hadith 260 vol 8]




* ‘Iktimah, Sumay’ and Kurayb report that Ibn ‘Abbaas – Allah be pleased with them – said to them: “Marry, for if the servant of Allah commits fornication Allah snatches the light of imaan from him, and may or may not return it to him.” [Ibn Sa’d in At-Tabaqaat Al-Kubraa 5/287]

:salamext:
Reply

- Qatada -
12-13-2008, 08:43 AM
:salamext:


* Narrated in Sahih al-Bukhari from ‘Amr ibn Maymoon who said: “During the Jaahiliyyah I saw a monkey which had committed zina, so the other monkeys got together and stoned it, and I stoned it with them.” [al-Manaaqib # 5360]

Question: I read in Sahīh al-Bukhārī that some monkeys stoned another one for adultery. Does this mean that adultery is sinful for animals? This sounds really silly to me. Can you explain this?

Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhāb al-Turayrī
The account in question is narrated from `Amr b. Maymūn – a Companion – in Sahīh al-Bukhārī (3849):
I had seen in the days of ignorance before Islam, some monkeys who surrounded a she-monkey who had committed unlawful sexual intercourse and they stoned it, so I stoned it along with them.
In Fath al-Bārī, Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalānī gives a more detailed narration of this event from `Amr b. Maymūn:
I was in Yemen tending the sheep of my people up upon an elevation. A male monkey came with a female and laid his head on her hand. Then a smaller monkey came and beckoned towards her, so she gently slipped her hand out from under the cheek of the first monkey and followed him. He mated with her while I looked on. Then she returned and gently tried to slip her hand back under the cheek of the first monkey, but he woke up suddenly, smelled her, and cried out.

Then the monkeys gathered round and he began screaming while pointing towards her with his hand. The monkeys went all about and came back with that monkey that I recognized. They dug a pit for the two of them and stoned them both. So I had witnessed stoning being carried out by other than Adam’s descendants.
This is not a hadīth of the Prophet (peace be upon him). It is not even something that `Amr claims he told to the Prophet (peace be upon him). It is just `Amr’s personal account of some things `Amr b. Maymūn saw some animals doing. It is merely his interpretation that those monkeys were stoning the other one as a punishment for adultery. There is no way that he could have known their true motives.

There is no Islamic teaching to be gleaned from this account.

Ibn Hajar writes inFath al-Bārī :
It is not necessary that an event that looks like adultery and stoning was really a case of adultery and capital punishment. He merely described it that way because it looked like these things. It does not mean that legal accountability was being applied to animals.
And Allah knows best.


IslamToday.com fatwa site
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 10:24 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 09:11 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!