/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What did you want to be when you was younger?

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 02:06 PM
:salamext:

So yeah...? :-[

I wanted to be so many things, SubhanAllah...

First I wanted to be an artist, then a writer and then a poet...And somewhere in there I wanted to be a teacher too...

I went through a mad artistic phase, I had a kool sketchbook I took with me literally everywhere :skeleton: I completed I think 2 fairly long stories and then the poet phase was the longest I think.

And what I wanted to be 3 years ago....well I'm studying for it now insha'Allah!

Any shares?

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
12-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Pilot.......footballer.......rapper.......

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2008, 02:09 PM
a ninja !

samurai!

warrior!

CONAN STYLE !!! :ooh:

buddy1
12-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I wanted to be a Vet, Nurse an olympic horse rider!

i nearly got the last one but I had an accident which kinda halted that.

so now Im a mother! and I have to say its the best job in the whole world!! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wildkat
12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
oh where to start??
I went from Teacher to Air hostess and then a Nurse, then back to Teacher, I wanted to run my own clothes shop at one point too lol.. briefly interested in being pharmacist.. and then a Nurse.. which I'm studying for now!!

Al-Zaara
12-03-2008, 02:33 PM
An archaeologist during my completely obsessed times on Ancient Egypt history.
And after that I became obsessed with astronomy and wanted to be an astronomer.
Then I wanted to become a lawyer when I got into Human rights and Law. Then a pilot, I have always loved to fly.
I also somewhere wanted to be an author aswell, I have lots of stories written everywhere and anywhere, I still have a slight passion for writing.
I wanted to become a photographer for a very short while and take pictures for National Geographics!

And now back to lawyer. Though I still dream I could become an archaeologist, in the way it was portrayed in my romantical childish dreams.

Güven
12-03-2008, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
a ninja !

samurai!

warrior!

SNAP!

A powerful warrior!

wildkat
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
SNAP!

A powerful warrior!

*Rolls eyes* Boys...

buddy1
12-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Why do boys always want to be some sort of super hero!! :D

Cabdullahi
12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buddy1
pilot...footballer ..rapper ....which one of those makes me some sort of a wannabe super hero

crayon
12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
An archaeologist.
Then a singer. That idea died really fast, lol.
Then a chef.
Then a doctor for old people.
Then a journalist.
Then a business woman of sorts (wanted to start my own company)
Then a photographer.
Then a journalist, again.

And now I'm no longer sure..

noorseeker
12-03-2008, 03:04 PM
batman

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2008, 03:06 PM
im shocked, SHOCKED that you even have to ask :ooh:

Güven
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
tzs we were children! We had dreams , fantasies!

still have lol

Danah
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
A teacher
A preacher
and now.....both of the above

a ninja !

samurai!

warrior!

I think you watched a lot of Anime back then :X

IbnAbdulHakim
12-03-2008, 03:13 PM
tzs we were children! We had dreams , fantasies!

still have lol
INDEED !

I think you watched a lot of Anime back then :X
anime was a rare thing, bak in those days didnt get much access to anime altho the ones i watched i LOVED

but it was more jackie chan influence :X

Periwinkle18
12-03-2008, 03:14 PM
a teacher n a singer

fatima_01
12-03-2008, 03:15 PM
when i was a young girl i wanted to be a doctor:D but at this point in life i want to be a youth worker and islamically its whole different story :rollseyes

Güven
12-03-2008, 03:18 PM

anime was a rare thing, bak in those days didnt get much access to anime altho the ones i watched i LOVED

but it was more jackie chan influence :X

lol innit Jackie chan , bruce lee , jet li !!!

and ofcourse there was still that legendary anime DRAGONBALL Z :ooh:

buddy1
12-03-2008, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
pilot...footballer ..rapper ....which one of those makes me some sort of a wannabe super hero
ok ok ok! with the exception of Junior, why do all boys want to be super heros!

my son wants to be spiderman!

piXie
12-03-2008, 03:20 PM
What did you want to be when you was younger?
I wanted to be older :rollseyes

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol boys will be boys huh.

Many girls say they want to be 'A mommy'...I've yet to hear a boy saying he wants to be 'A daddy' :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Zaara
12-03-2008, 03:28 PM
DBZ rules. I always dreamt I was a super saya (Sūpā Saiyajin)! :ooh: ;D Haha

youngsister
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol boys will be boys huh.

Many girls say they want to be 'A mommy'...I've yet to hear a boy saying he wants to be 'A daddy' :p

WassalamuAlaykum
Mmm so true lol

I wanted to be a:
Doctor
Nurse (getting there)
Teacher
Dancer:X
Song writer
Lawyer

LoL i am now trying to be a midwife applying once i finish my degree
Funny huh
:w:

S_87
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
soldier in british army
police woman

Danah
12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
soldier in british army
police woman
owww.....here we got a heroines :statisfie

but I think half of the population in the world wanted to be doctor in their childhood

Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
soldier in british army
police woman
;D how could I forgettt!

I wanted to be a coppa too! Oh My Daysss :-[

Lol wat hap is that some copz came to skool one day and nobody was interested in asking Q's and stuff, and I felt sorry for em so I kept raising my hand to ask Q's like every 2 seconds....really lame questions like have you ever been held at gunpoint :p :-[ ...and from there I really wanted to be one, and lol they took my name down and told me to join the force as soon as I left skool ;D

Never hap tho ;D

WassalamuAlaykum

Ansariyah
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM
My mother

as lil kid I always wanted to become her. I still do..

Aside from that, professional Iceskater, Gymnastic. I still do both, but gave up any dreams involving the Olympics etc.

buddy1
12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
My mother

as lil kid I always wanted to become her. I still do..

Aside from that, professional Iceskater, Gymnastic. I still do both, but gave up any dreams involving the Olympics etc.
why did you give up? you shouldnt give anything up if you want it that badly!!? xx

Woodrow
12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
I can't think of anything I did not want to be at one time or another. Except maybe a King. I don't recall ever thinking of wanting to be a king. My thoughts were more along the line of "ruler of the solar system".

Ansariyah
12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
why did you give up? you shouldnt give anything up if you want it that badly!!? xx
well...how can I do it with Hijab? besides I will become a public display and will have to wear tight clothes. Which is against islam.

I still ice skate tho but I don't do gymnastics in public. It's just the professional dream I gave up, but I haven't totally given it up.: )

Faith.
12-03-2008, 05:52 PM
:sl:
Theres WAY to many things I wanted to be...
The ones I can rember were..
An Archeologist....(Cz I simply Adore Egypt:p)
A fashion Designer:X
Umm..
Air hostess..(That was a really funny stage cz I couldnt get my mind of it)
& a Architect....Inshallah..If I get ma grades:p

Strzelecki
12-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Doctor...
man, I could NOT be a Doctor.

Whatsthepoint
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Egyptologist.

Re.TiReD
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
What's one of them?

My kid sis wanted to be a cook :exhausted *no comment*

Nájlá
12-04-2008, 08:17 PM
teacher :hmm:
footballer :X:skeleton:
designer/artist :D

i cant remember i wanted to be alot of things

AhlaamBella
12-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Actress :giggling:

Khayal
12-04-2008, 08:24 PM

Pilot
Soldier in Pak Army
Engineer
Doctor

YusufNoor
12-05-2008, 03:01 AM
What did you want to be when you was younger?

older.....

:D

BlissfullyJaded
12-05-2008, 03:47 AM

I never wanted to be older... Didn't really dream of being a mother or a wife either. lol. Nothing's changed there. :p

I used to wanna be a doctor for a while, and then around 10 didn't really think of that anymore cuz I wanted to be a computer programmer or make video games. I duno what I was thinking. ;D It might have been cuz of my sis majoring in Computer Science and I used to want to be a mini her. :X Then when I was like 12, I wanted to be police officer, not sure why. Then in high school I wanted to be pediatrician for a while, and then a web designer or graphic designer.

And now I'm planning on becoming a Child Psychologist and getting my teaching credentials alhamdulillah.

AntiKarateKid
12-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Ok... here is...dont laugh -_-

I always wanted to be the hero who saved the girl I had a crush on from bad guys ( evil ninjas etc) in some spectacular way and live happily ever after.

Today, I am more mature and realize that it might not come down to ninjas...probably some robber or thug. LOL.

TrueStranger
12-05-2008, 04:09 AM
I just wanted to be a kid....i miss the young days.....

Al-Zaara
12-05-2008, 05:14 AM
My youngest sister, when she was about 4, she said "I'm going to become Finland's president." :D She held that thought for several years. ;D

alcurad
12-05-2008, 05:20 AM
lol innit Jackie chan , bruce lee , jet li !!!

heh, after watching some DBZ I so wanted to conquer the world..:)

Umu 'Isa
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I wanted to be a veterinarian and a marine biologist! Now i'm a mother :statisfie and a wife masha Allaah, but I would love to study midwifery!

Nawal89
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
I wanted to fight bulls in Spain because I liked jumping and I like fancy costumes.
Then I wanted to be a dancer.
I dreamt of riding a horse going for jihad too.
I wanted to be the greatest kung fu woman on earth. I loved jackie chan and thought he was the bestest of the best.
Then I wanted to be a farmer from reading too many little house on the prairie books

Now i'm a teacher lol.

Faseeha
12-07-2008, 10:40 PM

I never wanted to be older... Didn't really dream of being a mother or a wife either. lol. Nothing's changed there.

I used to wanna be a doctor for a while, and then around 10 didn't really think of that anymore cuz I wanted to be a computer programmer or make video games. I duno what I was thinking. It might have been cuz of my sis majoring in Computer Science and I used to want to be a mini her. Then when I was like 12, I wanted to be police officer, not sure why. Then in high school I wanted to be pediatrician for a while, and then a web designer or graphic designer.

And now I'm planning on becoming a Child Psychologist and getting my teaching credentials alhamdulillah.
I wanted to be a computer programmer too, always dreamed of the idea of being able to create games.

Then i set my mind on psychology, and that's what I'm working towards now :)

Tony
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Tall enough to reach the sweets my mum used to stash on top of the fridge. And an author.

crayon
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Tall enough to reach the sweets my mum used to stash on top of the fridge. And an author.
Oh yes, me too, I just remembered! I wanted to write and illustrate children's books, Robert Munsch was my inspiration. I still love his books!

:statisfie

Tony
12-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I so wanted to be Danny, in Rhoald Dhals Danny champion of the world or drinking lashings of ginger beer with the famous 5

جوري
12-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I wanted to rule the world.. and had several wall sized maps in my room with blue prints of how I was going to take over.. sadly.. I never realized my dream and had to take my expectations down many notches
imsad imsad imsad

Whatsthepoint
12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
I wanted to rule the world.. and had several wall sized maps in my room with blue prints of how I was going to take over.. sadly.. I never realized my dream and had to take my expectations down many notches
imsad imsad imsad
Hmmm, why am I not surprised.:D:)

جوري
12-08-2008, 12:08 AM
:hmm: it is a common ambition of many an aspiring boils and ghouls growing up.. but I was gonna accomplish it.. I really felt I could

I had a really neat looking antique map as such too like a huge mural

and I was excellent in fifth grade Geography.. I mean I knew all the ins and outs of countries exports, imports, population, demographics etc..
ah sweet youth...

I also had a thing for collecting insects, but my parents were really disgusted with that, let me keep just one which I used on my sister's microscope...

Woodrow
12-08-2008, 02:07 AM
It seems several of us had ambitions of conquering the world. The big disappointment comes when you discover you have to conquer yourself first. I am just now making a small dent in that.

transition?
12-08-2008, 02:27 AM
I wanted to be a secular teacher and Islamic teacher.
I wanted to open an orphanage near my hometown in India, I wanted to be the caretaker of it, too.
I wanted to be a mother. That really didn't make sense, but I wanted to be bossy in some way. I like organizing things for people and helping them out. I liked systematic ways. I thought being mother was the best way lol.
I wanted to be a bookshop keeper.
I wanted to be a librarian.
I wanted to be a business owner and open a spa/cafe with a sand floor.
I wanted to be a military leader.
I wanted to be a Historian.
I wanted to be a doctor.
I wanted to be an Islamic scholar
I then specified it to being a Professor of science.
I wanted to do research in molecular biology.
I wanted to be a gardener... in order to grow fresh fruit to make food and become a chef!!!
I also wanted to be a motivational speaker.

lol.

Tony
12-08-2008, 12:54 PM
My mum used to get exasperated ith me for, vegetarianism, anti-fox hunting, animal liberation, anti capitalist etc etc anything that allowed me to be anxst ridden !! She used to say "You cant change the world Tony" I used to reply "Someone has got to try". Little did we both know I would become a Muslim and change it on a dailly basis. Subhan Allah

Yanal
12-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Wording problem in the name of thread. I want ( considering I'm the youngest I can be to dream of jobs) a lawyer like Muezzin.

Woodrow
12-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I was just here sitting and thinking over old memories.

It seems that the things I feared or hated became the things I actually did.

I had a morbid fear of heights, yet I became a pilot and Mountain climbing was my favorite hobby.

I feared reptiles and became a herpetologist and eventually handled snakes of nearly every species and had pythons, cobras, rattlesnakes for pets.

I feared public speaking, yet much of my adult life was spent giving public lectures.

I hated school, but ended up being a life time student. The past 3 years being the only time I remember not taking any university courses.

Odd what Allaah(swt) has planned, yet I found Allaah(swt) truly is the best of planners.

Abdullah4ever
12-23-2008, 03:22 AM
I was born poor and I always thought I was gonna be poor so when i was a child i really had no dreams of what I wanted to be. As I grew older I was really interested in Islamic history and classic Arabic.

transition?
12-23-2008, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I was just here sitting and thinking over old memories.

It seems that the things I feared or hated became the things I actually did.

I had a morbid fear of heights, yet I became a pilot and Mountain climbing was my favorite hobby.

I feared reptiles and became a herpetologist and eventually handled snakes of nearly every species and had pythons, cobras, rattlesnakes for pets.

I feared public speaking, yet much of my adult life was spent giving public lectures.

I hated school, but ended up being a life time student. The past 3 years being the only time I remember not taking any university courses.

Odd what Allaah(swt) has planned, yet I found Allaah(swt) truly is the best of planners.
MashAllah!

Snakes :exhausted ....

Fishman
12-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I wanted to be a dinosaur when I was a kid! Or, since that was impossible, a scientific expert that would go around discovering new dinosaurs and things.

Of course, I've abandoned such ideas now, it was a bit childish... *everybody stares at Fishman's bizzare 'biography' on his userpage*

wth1257
12-23-2008, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
:salamext:

So yeah...? :-[

I wanted to be so many things, SubhanAllah...

First I wanted to be an artist, then a writer and then a poet...And somewhere in there I wanted to be a teacher too...

I went through a mad artistic phase, I had a kool sketchbook I took with me literally everywhere :skeleton: I completed I think 2 fairly long stories and then the poet phase was the longest I think.

And what I wanted to be 3 years ago....well I'm studying for it now insha'Allah!

Any shares?

WassalamuAlaykum

What are you studying for now?

I wanted to be a zoologist. Then I wanted to join the Navy, like sub duty, I wanted to be a cryptologiclinguist but that was in middle school. Then I wanted to be a Marine. Because my family is from the south and that's like the super honorable thing to do. But once I started studying politics I could not :cry: Then I wanted to be a philosopher/mathematical logician, but then I decided I wanted to eat after school. I consider being a lawyer, but I don't know. Now I'm Poli Sci/Russian Studies, but I have no idea what I want to do with it. I secretly want to study philosophy/logic, but I need a pratical major (or so I tell myself).

I don't know what I want to do:cry:

I'd like to figure it out while still a teenager though.

Re.TiReD
12-23-2008, 06:51 PM
LOL!

It's amazing the many things we want to do and aspire to be, yet the things we become are actually very different. Being a child is great, you sit in the garden and can go from being a nurse to a teacher in a matter of seconds *sigh*

At the moment I'm studying a health discipline. I'll rep you the name.

crayon
12-24-2008, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
I secretly want to study philosophy/logic, but I need a pratical major (or so I tell myself).
Pffft, practical majors are overrated.
As long as you're doing what you love, and excel in it, then I wouldn't worry about finding work afterward. After all, loads of people work in a field that is not totally related to what they majored in in uni. Also, if there are less people studying a certain thing because they fear they won't find jobs later on, there will be less competition for the jobs that do require that field of study.

What I plan on majoring in is a dying industry and I can't wait!:D:thumbs_up

wth1257
12-24-2008, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Pffft, practical majors are overrated.
As long as you're doing what you love, and excel in it, then I wouldn't worry about finding work afterward. After all, loads of people work in a field that is not totally related to what they majored in in uni. Also, if there are less people studying a certain thing because they fear they won't find jobs later on, there will be less competition for the jobs that do require that field of study.
Yes, what you have said is true and important to remember. The thing is I can’t stand most philosophy majors or philosophical “issues”, particularly those on the undergraduate level. Much of modern Anglo Philosophy is fixated on unproductive and irrelevant concerns of linguistic nuances and anti-metaphysical positivism. It’s not that analytic philosophy is not important and good, but it seems that contemporary Anglo philosophy has mistaken an incredibly useful tool for an end in itself. What is aggravating about political science is that so little of it is really “scientific”. We can see this in Huntington’s “Clash of Civilizations” non-sense. But I think that political science could be placed on a more scientific/rational basis and that is exciting and an interesting challenge. So I keep up with philosophy on the side and can pursue graduate studies in philosophy if I decide on that. Who knows?

:p

What I plan on majoring in is a dying industry and I can't wait!:D:thumbs_up
I admire your attitude.:D

What do you plan on majoring in?

yasin ibn Ahmad
12-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I wanted to be detective when I was a child.I love searching:D

crayon
12-25-2008, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
I admire your attitude.:D

What do you plan on majoring in?
I plan on doing print journalism inshallah.:)

Your plan sounds good though, hope everything works out for you!:thumbs_up

unknown_JJ
12-25-2008, 01:20 PM
An astronaut! imsad

Or superman..

wth1257
12-25-2008, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I plan on doing print journalism inshallah.:)

Your plan sounds good though, hope everything works out for you!:thumbs_up
That's an amazing thing to do.

Even if people don't appreciate print journalism as they should:raging:

Good Luck

wth1257
12-25-2008, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
An astronaut! imsad

Or superman..
:D

how about superwoman?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.