/* */

PDA

View Full Version : obsessed about marriage?

Saimah Ali
12-03-2008, 04:35 PM
in the name of allah the most merciful the most kind

may allahs peace be upon you

subhanallah i am noticing so many people are into marriage threads in this forum. inshallah just chill-when your time will come it will come. worship allah and try to become close to him and love him then you will see how much contentment you acquire

allah hafiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Lol! ;D

If you notice my dear sis, most of the threads are advice and/or stories. Something to take lessons from. No need to limit our knowledge.

WassalamuAlaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
12-04-2008, 07:50 AM
:sl:
^ yeah ditto...:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Saimah Ali
worship allah and try to become close to him and love him then you will see how much contentment you acquire
but you can still be content, etc when your married...and theres nothing wrong with talking about marriage...as long as its got its limits, which i think it does here, alhamdulillah :)

and no offense, but i dont get it how people think that the only way you can worship allah properly is by remaining single *scratches head* :)

that wasnt directed at you sis just speaking in general...pls forgive if ive said anything wrong :-[

EDIT: and no, i am NOT obsessed about marriage :'(

syilla
12-04-2008, 08:53 AM
;D

i'm thinking about this one group of members... hmmm...

lol again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DAWUD_adnan
12-04-2008, 09:18 AM
ah, crap. I've been identified : (

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 11:53 AM
huh?

i dont see anyone over-obsessive about marriage
i do see people eager to get married here

and to be honest, id be worried if they werent :uuh:

Banu_Hashim
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
^^ What he said. :D

~Taalibah~
12-04-2008, 12:34 PM

subhanallah i am noticing so many people are into marriage threads in this forum. inshallah just chill-when your time will come it will come. worship allah and try to become close to him and love him then you will see how much contentment you acquire

allah hafiz
Marriage is a good thing, sis.
So long as we are not bringing haraam into the discussions it should be fine.

Sahabiyaat
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
lol.

obsessed about marriage?

moi?

nahhhhhhh :X

Güven
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Who is obsessed about marriage ??? :blind:

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-04-2008, 01:52 PM

allah hafiz
Wa 'alaykumus-Salam wa rahmatullah.

Marriage is completing a half of iman. It's Sunnah and a way to worship Allah too.

Allah Hafiz too!

Saimah Ali
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
ya allah how rude are muslims on this forum subhanallah allah khair

AhlaamBella
12-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Sis, please explain, no one is being rude. btw how old are you sis? :)

Saimah Ali
12-05-2008, 03:26 PM
age doesnt matter subhanallah in islam you can be practiscing in any age. what i wanted to say basically if you didnt get it from my first post is that leave everything up to allah we plan but allah is the best of planners subhanallah i dont understand why muslims do this

Re.TiReD
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM
:salamext:

Yeh you're right that some things we leave to Allah (swt) but that doesnt mean we shouldnt exert efforts to get to something we want. Bi'ithnillah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Musaafirah
12-05-2008, 03:36 PM
From RoseGold's post, I thought she was asking your age to identify whether or not your at the age where you wouldn't be thinking about marriage. I don't think the sister meant to offend or imply that you weren't knowledgable.
Fair enough there are loads of threads about marriage lately. Maybe it's because people just want general advice? I don't know.
Please don't take offence at what I've written.

Leyla73
12-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I agree with the others.
And yes, you are right, we should let Allah deal with it, but there's nothing bad about talking about marriage.. And, plus, I've seen a couple of Muslim sisters write that they didn't even want to get married =P

AhlaamBella
12-06-2008, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
From RoseGold's post, I thought she was asking your age to identify whether or not your at the age where you wouldn't be thinking about marriage. I don't think the sister meant to offend or imply that you weren't knowledgable.
Fair enough there are loads of threads about marriage lately. Maybe it's because people just want general advice? I don't know.
Please don't take offence at what I've written.
Exactly :) I'm only 17 myself, yet parents helping me to find a husband inshAllah. Hisham al-awadi said a good thing at the Jimas conference a couple of yrs ago; get married young then you go through more milestones together with your spouse. Nothing wrong with wanting to marry early :)

Saimah Ali
12-07-2008, 11:33 AM
if u say so

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
the time will come for all of us just make dua...and those that say we are obsessed should know that the wait is excruciating ...so take it easy on us

Argamemnon
12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm totally obsessed about marriage. I'm thinking about it day and night, I lose sleep over it. Do I want to get married? If so, I need to hurry, since I'm getting too old etc.. I'm about to lose my sanity. I'm going through the darkest period of my life. Never have I felt so hopeless and so empty..

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Brother if you are secluded frm everyone then a wife wont come walking to you.....get out there go to the masjid...register on their martimonial system ...make friends...and good ones! balance the lonely life with abit of socializing...thats what i do....u'll get more done when lonely and when you need a break from work...education...socialize abit!

Argamemnon
12-07-2008, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
Brother if you are secluded frm everyone then a wife wont come walking to you.....get out there go to the masjid...register on their martimonial system
I don't even know if Turkish mosques have a matrimonial system. Maybe I should try finding someone online, muslima.com seems like a good site :bump1:

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 12:13 PM
^ thats a good idea...bro are u an emperor(turk)...if so go back home plenty muslimah's there that u can bond with

Zahida
12-07-2008, 12:14 PM
:sl:Marraige is a very LARGE part of life, and there is nothing wrong with discussing marraige as we can learn from others or even offer support and advice!!!

Marraige is also very hard not easy ...........................

Maybe the people who talk about marraige on this forum are married or maybe they are looking to get married..............there is nothing wrong with that little one.............. in fact use the threads and posts to your advantage and gain knowledge.........use it to your advantage!!!!:):w:

Argamemnon
12-07-2008, 12:15 PM
bro are u an emperor(turk)...if so go back home plenty muslimah's there that u can bond with
Sorry bro I didn't understand, emperor? I'm a Turk yes..

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Sorry bro I didn't understand, emperor? I'm a Turk yes..
i call all turks emperor's because turkey was once a strong muslim nation....anyways bro.....next holiday....hit turkey and i am 100% sure u'll meet plenty sisters who are looking for husbands that are about ur age :thumbs_up

Al-Zaara
12-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I don't even know if Turkish mosques have a matrimonial system. Maybe I should try finding someone online, muslima.com seems like a good site :bump1:
Türk mi? MashaAllah! Turkish people tend to start to chat whoever you are and I'm sure you can find someone to help you, inshaAllah. Brother, what you don't know, you go and find out. InshaAllah, visit the mosque and tell the Imam/s your situation.

Argamemnon
12-07-2008, 12:37 PM
i call all turks emperor's because turkey was once a strong muslim nation....anyways bro.....next holiday....hit turkey and i am 100% sure u'll meet plenty sisters who are looking for husbands that are about ur age :thumbs_up
In that case I'm an emperor, lol. Where are you from? :)

Sisters about my age? Nah, they are all married (I'm 32) :bump:

Al-Zaara
12-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Haha, brother, please! My own father married at 30, I have an aunt married at late 40... It's not impossible, few things are.

Now, I'd recommend not to be too picky about the age, just go and talk to the Imam/s at the mosque. And as Junior said, visit your relatives and ask for some help.

Argamemnon
12-07-2008, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Türk mi? MashaAllah! Turkish people tend to start to chat whoever you are and I'm sure you can find someone to help you, inshaAllah. Brother, what you don't know, you go and find out. InshaAllah, visit the mosque and tell the Imam/s your situation.
Almost right, you should have said "Türk mü"...

I'm not one of those Turks who start to chat.. I'm a silent Turk :)

Al-Zaara
12-07-2008, 12:46 PM
And my family speaks an old Kosovo form of the ottoman Turkish, we say it like that. :D

It's OK to be a silent Türk, I mean, the ladies out there are probably dead tired of talkative Türks! :skeleton:

Güven
12-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Emperors in the house ! ;D

seriously 30 is not hopeless ive got family who are around 28 30 and still not married so it not a big problem ....now that im thinking off my own brother is 27 and still not married lol

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 12:47 PM
turkey is an awesome place and im sure awesome potential partners are by the millions over there! ....SO there is no excuse for you to say you cant marry....if ur lonely u'll find ..one with the same personality as u,....if u are talkative...u'll find a chatterbox

S_87
12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
In that case I'm an emperor, lol. Where are you from? :)

Sisters about my age? Nah, they are all married (I'm 32) :bump:
32 is not at all late, there are many many sisters in their late 20s looking for husbands and 32 is the perfect age. dont think youre too old, youre never too old :)

piXie
12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Agreed!

noorseeker
12-07-2008, 02:58 PM
im gettin obseesed, and i wish i werent. i'l gladly go back to the days where marriage wasnt on my mind.

Any tips on how to get back to that state of mind,

IbnAbdulHakim
12-07-2008, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
im gettin obseesed, and i wish i werent. i'l gladly go back to the days where marriage wasnt on my mind.

Any tips on how to get back to that state of mind,
gaze down - more reading less talking and loadsa goals!

if your focussed to achieving things then a wife would be the last thing on your mind bro!

some examples could be:

working towards the fittest body
writing
reading
learning new things (dunya and akhirah wise)

you know what i mean :D

btw, working out really keeps your mind off the opposite gender, mashAllah

Assalamu Alaikum

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 03:36 PM
i quit working out and now ive developed a powerful radar that indicates to me to look in specific places where the predators are located :(

I need to get back to the gym:enough!:

Argamemnon
12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
32 is not at all late, there are many many sisters in their late 20s looking for husbands and 32 is the perfect age. dont think youre too old, youre never too old :)
I might be too late in a few years. It's impossible for me to marry now.

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 05:46 PM
^ why is it impossible? eh!!

Argamemnon
12-07-2008, 05:48 PM
^I already explained. I'm unemployed, I have to follow a course and learn a skill.. find a job and only then I could think about marriage.

Danah
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM

allah hafiz
actually I noticed the same, especially these days, dunno why :?

AhlaamBella
12-07-2008, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
haven't we been over this :D

S_87
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I might be too late in a few years. It's impossible for me to marry now.
even in a few years its not too late brother.

Re.TiReD
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
It's never too late brother, place your trust in Allah (swt), you do what you gotta do with regards to the work/study etc and Insha'Allah you'll get there.

Danah
12-08-2008, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
haven't we been over this :D
Excuse my rashness sis, I did not read the next pages replies :-[ *jumped to reply*:-[

i was just thinking about why it increased specially at this month?

and I will make duaa for all those brothers and sisters who are looking for their future partners that all grant them pious partners and families....Ameen

~Taalibah~
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
:sl: Sister Saya,

Actually, what i think is happening is that because there were originally 1/2 threads about marriage, people reading those threads came across subjects that they had questions or comments on, and they in turn opened threads too and so on. Hence we have a range of marriage threads all of a sudden.:D

Fishman
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Yes, lots of people are obbsessed with it, but probably for good reason as it is a very important part of human life. Just like how I'm obbsessed with routing all resistance to my conquest of LI!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.