/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What the Bible Really Says

islamirama
12-03-2008, 05:40 PM

What the Bible Really Says:
Some “Shocking Statements”!

1. "Many will say to me (Jesus) on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 7:22-23)"

2. Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

3. Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

4. Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

5. Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

6. Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

7. Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

8. "If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 5:29)"

9. Song of Songs 8:1-3 "If only you were to me like a brother, who was nursed at my mother's breasts! Then, if I found you outside, I would kiss you, and no one would despise me. I would lead you and bring you to my mother's house-- she who has taught me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, the nectar of my pomegranates. His left arm is under my head and his right arm embraces me."

10. Who is Our Saviour?
In 2 Samuel 22:1-3 and in Isaiah, God Himself speaks, saying clearly that He ALONE is the SAVIOR:
For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel , your SAVIOR....It is I, the Lord; there is NO SAVIOR BUT ME...(Isaiah 43:3,11)

God repeats this categorical statement in Hosea:
I am the Lord, your God, since the land of Egypt ; You know no God besides me, and there is NO SAVIOR but me. (Hosea 13:4)
You shall know that I, the Lord am your SAVIOR, your REDEEMER, the mighty one of Jacob. (Isaiah 60:16)

11. "Stone disobedient children" (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

12. 1 Timothy 2:15 says only women who have children will be spared hell

13. With the pure you show yourself pure, and with the crooked you show yourself perverse. [2 Sam. 22:27]

14. Men aren't allowed to trim their beards or shave their heads (Leviticus 21:5)

15. Each of us shall give an account of himself to God. (Romans 14:12) Each one will receive his own reward according to his own labour. (1 Corinthians 3:8) And will he not render to each man according to his deeds? (Proverbs 24:12)

16. Men are worth more than women - Leviticus 27:1-7 actually provides monetary comparisons!

17. The Bible says that the sole reason God created women in the first place was to provide company and service to men (1 Corinthians 11:9)

18. Matthew 13:10-14 suggests that Jesus doesn't want everyone to understand what he's saying, so he speaks in parables to his disciples and most of the rest will go to hell.

19. Homosexuality? "If a man also lieth with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13)

20. [Psalm. 4:23] Awake, why do you sleep, O Lord? Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouts by reason of wine.

21. Exodus 21:7-10 says men can sell their daughters into slavery

22. "If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her, then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die;" (Deuteronomy 22:24)

23. "When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, and seeth among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; and she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and remain in thine house . . . And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will;" (Deuteronomy 21:10-14)

24. Prostitution is punished by burning the woman alive according to Leviticus 21:9

25. Matthew 24:36 - Jesus was not all-knowing.

26. Matthew 26:39 -Jesus and God had different wills.

27. John 14:28 - One was greater than the other.

28. Mark 10:17-18, Luke 18:18-19 - Jesus denied divinity.

29. Mark 1:35, 6:46, 14:35-36, Matthew 14:23, 19:13, 26:39, 27:46, 26:42-44 - Jesus prayed to God. (If Jesus was God himself, who was he praying to?)

30. John 8:42 - Jesus did not come of himself.

31. John 7:16, 12:49, 14:24, 17:14 - Jesus' words were not his.

32. John 14:31 & 15:10-Jesus followed commands.

33. John 17:6-8 - "I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me."

34. Acts 2:22 - Jesus was "a man approved of God."

35. 1 Timothy 2:5 - Jesus was the mediator between God and humans.

36. Jesus says that he wasn't sent with peace on earth but with a sword (Matthew 10:34)

37. . .. for it is a SHAME for women to speak in the Church" 1 CORINTHIANS 14:34-35

38. Sexual immorality merits an eternity in flames, according to Jude 1:7

39. [Deut. 23:19] "Do not charge your brother interest (on loans), you may charge a foreigner interest, but not a brother Israelite."

(The word Israelite according to the Good News Bible)

40. "If a man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also he cannot be my disciple" (Jesus in Luke 14:26)

41. Original Sin:
The Christian dogma that sin is inherited is against all ethics, morality and common sense. It is against the explicit pronouncement of God:
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son (the progeny of Adam) shall not bear the iniquity of the father (Adam), neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die." Ezekiel 18:20-21

42. "How can you say that we are wise and that the law of the lord is with us but behold, the false pen of the scribe has made it into a lie." (Jeremiah 8:8)

43. "He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money (your slaves), MUST needs be circumcised and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an EVERLASTING covenant. "The uncircumcised to be "CUT OFF" (to be killed). GENESIS 17:13-14

44. EZEKIEL 9:4-6 The Lord commands: "... slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women...."

45. "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (New Testament, I Corinthians 11:3)

46. "Look, I am against you!- declares Yahweh Saboath- I shall lift your skirts as high as your face and show your nakedness to the nations, your shame to the kingdoms. I shall pelt you with filth." (Nahum 3:5-6)

47. 2King 18:27] Rab'-sha-keh said, "Has he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, THAT THEY MAY EAT THEIR OWN DUNG, AND DRINK THEIR OWN PISS with you."

48. 1 Corin. 11:5] But any woman who prays and prophecies with her head unveiled dishonours her head - it is the same as if her head were shaven, for if a woman will not veil herself then she should cut off her hair. But if it is disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil.

49. [2 King 5:15] THERE IS NO GOD IN ALL THE EARTH, BUT IN ISRAEL .

The Prophets According To the BIBLE:

i) Abraham married his sister (Genesis 20:12)
ii) Lot had incest with his daughters who begat his children (Genesis 19:30)
iii) David-adultery with Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11:1-7)
iv) Solomon worshipped idols (1 Kings 11:4)
v) Noah was a drunkard and lay naked in his intoxication (Genesis 9:20)
vi) Aaron led people to worship the golden calf (Exodus 32:2-11)
vii) [Hos. 1:2] When the Lord first spoke to Hose'a he said to him, "GO TAKE TO YOURSELF A WIFE OF HARLOTRY and have children of harlotry, for the land has committed great harlotry by forsaking the Lord."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.