/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can men/women use hair products etc?

`Yousef
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
:sl:

My friend asked me a question, so i'll post it here on her behalf.

Can men use hair products such as gel?

Are women allowed to use makeups?

And why?

:-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
12-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

I haven't read anything saying men can't use hair products like gel, moose, or hair dryer. However, smart men will not use those and leave fashion alone. Those praducts make your hair follicle weak and lead to baldness.

As for women, they can use makeup to beautify themselves but this is something that should be done where non-mahrams are not able to see them. Which means she can do that at her house or where it's ladies only gathering. A mahram is kin male that you one is not allowed to marry (son, father, grandfather, uncle, etc). Part of command of Allah to cover yourself is conceal your adornments. If hijab covers the body, the face too should be simple looking. how can you hide your adornment and yet beautify your face when going outside.

On a medical side, it's best to limit one self in makeup. It has many side affects because of the chemicals in it.

Ruling on dealing in cosmetics and hairdressers’ supplies

Types of make-up that affect wudoo and ghusl

alcurad
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
do a cucumber mask instead:)

~Taalibah~
12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Wa'alaikum as'salaam,

I haven't read anything saying men can't use hair products like gel, moose, or hair dryer. However, smart men will not use those and leave fashion alone. Those praducts make your hair follicle weak and lead to baldness.

As for women, they can use makeup to beautify themselves but this is something that should be done where non-mahrams are not able to see them. Which means she can do that at her house or where it's ladies only gathering. A mahram is kin male that you one is not allowed to marry (son, father, grandfather, uncle, etc). Part of command of Allah to cover yourself is conceal your adornments. If hijab covers the body, the face too should be simple looking. how can you hide your adornment and yet beautify your face when going outside.

On a medical side, it's best to limit one self in makeup. It has many side affects because of the chemicals in it.

Ruling on dealing in cosmetics and hairdressers’ supplies

Types of make-up that affect wudoo and ghusl
The products used should not contain any haraam ingredient.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
suffiyan007
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
yes u can...used...like nabi SAW...he use olive oil as his hair product and shampoo with date extract...nabi SAW have stronger hair...! whY women used make up...is because to make his husband or boyfriend to be attracted to her..so is ok to used make up..cause nabi SAW wife use henna as mascara...and even naBi SAw used celak..henna put on the eye!..yes u can..
no harmful...lotsa men products for face, body and hair so as women products..
nabi sAW taught us how to be cleans...we shampoo our hair and clean hair because of dirt and use olive oil to beautify our hair...! so cleanliness is must...cause NABI SAW love to smell good in his body with perfume before shalat.:statisfie

Leyla73
12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
yes u can...used...like nabi SAW...he use olive oil as his hair product and shampoo with date extract...nabi SAW have stronger hair...! whY women used make up...is because to make his husband or boyfriend to be attracted to her..so is ok to used make up..cause nabi SAW wife use henna as mascara...and even naBi SAw used celak..henna put on the eye!..yes u can..
no harmful...lotsa men products for face, body and hair so as women products..
nabi sAW taught us how to be cleans...we shampoo our hair and clean hair because of dirt and use olive oil to beautify our hair...! so cleanliness is must...cause NABI SAW love to smell good in his body with perfume before shalat.:statisfie
You mean ladies are allowed to put on makeup even in front of over men? :blind:

suffiyan007
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
yes u can...dont put thick make up...just a simple make up...like loose powder...foundation,mascara...and neutral lipstick..choose one that really suit your lip...suit your skintype..if u choose not to put make up...just applied moisturiser and toner is a good foundation of to set a good looking when u going out.:D

u can tried metholatum sheer color lip balm..it wouldnt look obvious than u put on lipstick...
this is how u make a trick when u make up...

be like modern...why can't u used make up? if your face look pale. it doesnt mean u must cover your face with cloth...!

Leyla73
12-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Lol, thanks ;)
But... how do you know that much about makeup? I mean, men usually don't know anything about it! =P
Thanks again though =)

- Qatada -
12-05-2008, 06:52 PM
:salamext:

Since its sunnah to wear olive oil, mix it with coconut oil - and u can use coconut oil like gel. It gets proper hard like gel too, minus the harmful chemicals :)

suffiyan007
12-05-2008, 06:56 PM
yes lotsa men using products...like Nivea for men, loreal for men..,biore men,and all skincare for men..even shower cream and lotion for men...
men can used hair products...! u dont want ur hair go bald right...!
even women..! like hair lotion,hair sprays,conditioner,shampoos,gel,cream,serum and etc...our crowning glory is the gift by God..why not u care about your hair and skins?

Leyla73
12-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Lol
What you're saying is actually right! =P

suffiyan007
12-05-2008, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Leyla73
Lol, thanks ;)
But... how do you know that much about makeup? I mean, men usually don't know anything about it! =P
Thanks again though =)

i watch Tyra banks show....american next top model.

islamirama
12-05-2008, 08:20 PM
that show is trash, getting bunch of girls naked in bikinis and what not, some profession :rollseyes

Muezzin
12-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Tyra Banks?

Certainly the... weirdest off-topic tangent I've seen.

Leyla73
12-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Haha! Ok :bump1:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.