/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

AnonymousPoster
12-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I have lied on my CV. I've said that I did my GCSEs and I put some fictional grade on it. Not high grades just average ones.
The truth is I never took my GCSEs at all in fact I missed the whole final year of school cos I went abroad. But when I started looking for a job i first put the truth down saying that I never took any GCSEs and nobody even gave me an interview. But then I put some fictional grades down and I started getting interviews. I've been in my job almost 5 years now.
What do you think I should do? Should I tell my employers that I lied?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 12:04 PM
ask a scholar inshAllah bro i just dont feel qualified to answer that.

i can tell you what i would do... i would definitly confess to the employer.. i would worry too much about having haram earned money and Allah knows best about the situation.

may Allah guide us all,

Assalamu Alaikum

جوري
12-06-2008, 03:02 AM
:hmm: this is a predicament--
I think you should leave well enough alone for now-- and if you are looking to move elsewhere I suggest you get a professional service to help you make your resume look better without lies try
resumeedge.com

lying is NEVER good.. it almost always comes to haunt you--plus as my grandmother said. 'liars have the worst memory'-- unless you keep tabulations on whom you told what about yourself, I suggest you stick with the truth insha'Allah.. especially on any document that could potentially be verified

mohsen1985
12-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, everyone lies a lil on their resume. If you're good at your job and they like you there, try and confess, but don't be so straight forward that you'd get them angry, ease it in.

Can you go back and finish and take the exam?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!