/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!*The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell! *!*

Khayal
12-04-2008, 08:00 PM
:arabic6:
Bismillaah!
Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 39:

The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell
(Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar)

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/039.smt.html

Chapter 1:
DESCRIPTION OF THE DAY OF JUDGMENT, PARADISE AND HELL
:salamext:
Book 039, Number 6698:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A bulky person would be brought on the Day of judgment and he would not carry the weight to the eye of Allah equal even to that of a gnat. Nor shall We set up a balance for them on the Day of Resurrection" (xviii. 105).

Book 039, Number 6699:
Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported that a Jew scholar came to Allah's Apostle (may peace he upon him) and said. Muhammad, or Abu al-Qasim, verify, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious. would carry the Heavens on the Day of Judgment upon one finger and earths upon one finger and the mountains and trees upor one finger and the ocean and moist earth upon one finger-in fact the whole of the creation upon one finger, and then He would stir them and say: I am your Lord, I am your Lord. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) smiled testifying what that scholar had said. He then recited this verse:" And they honour not Allah with the honour due to Him; and the whole earth will be in His grip on the Day of Resurrection and the heaven* r*Utd up in His right hand. Glory be to Him I and highly Exalted is Re above what they associate (with Him)" (xxxix. 67).

Book 039, Number 6700:
This hadlth has been narrated on the authority of Mansur with the same chain of truemittm (and the words are): A Jew scholar came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). The rest of the hadith is the same, but there is no mention of" then He would stir them." But there is this addition:" I saw Allah's Messengcr (may peace be upon him) smiling so much that his front teeth appeared and testifying him (th Jew scholar) ; then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) recited the verse:" And they honour not Allah with the honour due to Him" (xxxix. 67).

Book 039, Number 6701:
Abdullah reported that a person from the People of the Book came to Allah's Apostle (may peace he upon him) and said: Abu al-Qasim, verify, Allah would carry tho Reavmo upon one finger and the earths upon one finger and the trees and moist earth upon one finger and in fact the whole of the creation upon one finger and then say: I am your Lord. I an your Lord. And he (the narrator) further said: I saw Allah's Massenger (may peace be upon him) fooling so much hppy that his front teeth became visible and then he recited the Yeife:" And they honour not Allah with the honour due to Him" (xxxix. 67).

Book 039, Number 6702:
This hadith has been narrated on the authority of A'mash with the same chain of transmitters but with a slight variation of wording.

Book 039, Number 6703:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allan, the Exalted and Glorious, will take in His grip the earth on the Day of Judgment and He would roll up the sky in His right hand and would say: I am the Lord; where are the sovereigns of the world?

Book 039, Number 6704:
Abdullah b. 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saying: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, would fold the Heavens on the Day of Judgment and then He would place them on His tight hand and say: I am the Lord; where are the haughty and where are the proud (today)? He would fold the' earth (placing it) on the lef t hand and say: I am the Lord; where are the haughty and where are the proud (today)?

Book 039, Number 6705:
Abdullah b. Miqsam reported that he saw Abdullah b. Umar as he narrated Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, would take in His hand His Heavens and His Earth, and would say: I am Allah. And He would clench His fingers and then would open them (and say): I am your Lord. I saw the pulpit in commotion from underneath because of something (vib-ating) there. And (I felt this commotion so much) that I said (to myself): It may not fall with Allah's Massenger (may peace be upon him) upon it.

Book 039, Number 6706:
Abdullah b. Miqsam reported that 'Abdullah b. 'Umar reported: I saw Allah'h Messenger (may peace be upon him) upon the pulpit and he was saying that the Mighty Lord, the Exalted and Glorious would take hold of the Heavens and earth in His hand. The rest of the hadith is the same,

Chapter 2:
THE BEGINNING OF THE CREATION AND THE CREATION OF ADAM (PEACE BE UPON HIM)

Book 039, Number 6707:
Abu Haraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) took hold of my hands and said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created the clay on Saturday and He created the mountains on Sunday and He created the trees on Monday and He created the things entailing labour on Tuesday and created light on Wednesday and lie caused the animals to spread on Thursday and created Adam (peace be upon him) after 'Asr on Friday;the last creation at the last hour of the hours of Friday, i. e. between afternoon and night.

Chapter 3:
PERTAINING TO RE-BIRTH, ASSEMBLING AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE EARTH ON THE DAY OF RESURRECTION

Book 039, Number 6708:
Sahl b. Sa'd reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The people will be assembled on tee Day of Resurrection on a white plain with a reddish tinge like the loaf of white bread with no marks set up for anyone.

Book 039, Number 6709:
'A'isha reported: I asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) about the words of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious:" The day when the earth would be changed for another earth and Heaven would be changed for another Heaven (XiV. 48), (and inquired: ) (Allah's Messenger), where would the people be on tnat day? He said: They would be on the Sirit.

Chapter 4:
THE FEAST FOR THE INHABITANTS OF PARADISE

Book 039, Number 6710:
Abu al-Sa'id Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that the earth would turn to be one single bread on the Day of Resurrection and the Almighty would turn it in His hand as one of you turns a loaf while on a journey. It would be a feast arranged in the honour of the people of Paradise. He (the narrator) further narrated that a person from among the Jews came and he said: Abu al-Qasim, may the Compassionate Lord be pleased with you! May I inform you about the feast arranged in honour of the people of Paradise on the Day of Resurrection? He said: Do it, of course. He said: The earth would become one single bread. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) looked towards us and laughed until his molar teeth became visible. He then again said: May I inform you about that with which they would season it? He said: Do it, of course. He said: Their seasoning would be balim and fish. The Companions of the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: What is this balam? He said: Ox and fish from whose excessive livers seventy thousand people would be able to eat.

Book 039, Number 6711:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If ten scholars of the Jews would follow me, no Jew would be left upon the surface of the earth who would not embrace Islam.

Chapter 5:
THE QUESTION OF A JEW FROM ALLAH'S MESSENGER (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) ABOUT SOUL AND HIS WORDS." THEY ASK THEE ABOUT THE SOUL"

Book 039, Number 6712:
'Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported: As I was going aloog with Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) in a cultivable land and he (the Holy Prophet) was walking with the support of a wood, a group of Jews happened to meet him. Some of them said to the others: Ask him about the Soul. They said: Wbat is your doubt about it? There is a possibility that you may ask him about anything (the answer of) which you may not like. They said: Ask him. So one amongst them asked him about the Soul. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) kept quiet and he gave no reply and I came to know that revelation was being sent to him, so I stood at my place and thus this revelation descended upon him:" They ask thee 'about Soul. Say: The Soul is by the Commandment of my Lord, and of Knowledge you are given but a little" (xvii. 58).

Book 039, Number 6713:
Abdullah reported: I was walking along with Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) in a field of Medina. The rest of the hadith is the same, but there is a slight variation of wording.

Book 039, Number 6714:
Abdullah reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon h@) was reclining against a tree in the garden. The rest of the hadith is the same. but there is a slight variation of wording.

Book 039, Number 6715:
Khabbab reported that al-As b. Wa'il owed debt to me. I came to him in order to demand that. He said: I will never repay you unless you belie Mubammad. I said: I would never belie Mubammad until you die and you are again raised up. He said: When I would be raised up after death, I would repay your debt when I would get my property and children back. Waki' said: This is how Almash has narrated and it was on this occasion that this verse was revealed:" Hast thou seen him who dis. believes in Our message and says: I shall certainly be given wealth and children' (xis, 77) up to" he would come to Us alone" (xiX. 80).

Book 039, Number 6716:
This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Khabbib through another chain of transmitters and the words are. I in the pre-Islamic days used to work as an iron-smith. I did some work for 'As b. Wa'il and came to him for getting the remuneration of my wages.

Source.

:wasalamex

To be Continued!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
12-10-2008, 06:11 AM
:arabic6:
Bismillaah!
The Book Giving Description of the Day of Judgement, Paradise and Hell
(Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar)

Chapter 7
PERTAINING TO THE WORDS OF ALLAH:" NAY, BUT VERILY MAN IS INORDINATE, BECAUSE HE LOOKS UPON HIMSELF AS SELF-SUFFICIENT"

:salamext:
Book 039, Number 6718:
Abu Huraira reported that Abu Jahl asked (people) whether Mubammad placed his face (on the ground) in their presence. It was said to him: Yes. He said: By Lit and Uzza. If I were to see him do that, I would trample his neck, or I would beamear his face with dust. He came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as he was engaged in prayer and thought of trampling his neck (and the people say) that he came near him but turned upon his heels and tried to repulse something with his hands. It was said to him: What is the matter with you? He said: There is between me and him a ditch of fire and terror and wings. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) said: If he were to come near me the angels would have torn him to pieces. Then Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed this verse- (the narrator) said: We do not whether it is the hadith transmitted te Abu Huraira or something conveyed to him from another source:" Nay, man is surely inordinate, because he looks upon himself as self-sufficient. Surely to thy Lord is the return. Hast thou seen him who forbids a servant when he prays? Seest thou if he is on the right way, or enjoins observance of piety? Seest thou if he [Abu Jah]] denies and turns away? Knowest he not that Allah sees? Nay. if he desists not, We will seize him by the forelock-a lying, sinful forelock. Then let him summon his council. We will summon the guards of the Hell. Nay! Obey not thou him" (Icvi. 6-19). (Rather prostrate thyself.) Ubaidullah made this addition: It was after this that (prostration) was enjoined upon and Ibn Abd al-Ala made this addition that by Nadia he meant his people.

Book 039, Number 6719:
Masruq reported: We were sitting in the company of Abdullah and he was lying on the bed that a person came and said: Abd Abd al-Rabmin, a story-teller at the gates of Kinda says that the verse (of the Qur'an) which deals with the" smoke" implies that which is about to come and it would hold the breath of the infidels and would inflict the believers with cold. Thereupon Abdullah got up and said in anger. O people, fear Allah and say only that which one knows amongst you and do not say which he does not know and he should simply say: Allah has the best knowledge for He has the best knowledge amongst all of you. It does not behove him to say that which he does not know. Allah has the best knowledge of it. Verily Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said to His Prophet (may peace be upon him) to state:" I do not ask from you any remuneration and I am not the one to put you in trouble," and when Allah's Mesqenger (may peace be upon him) saw people turning back (from religion) he said: O Allah, afflict thern with seven famines as was done in the case of Yusuf, so they were afflicted with famine by which they were forced to eat everything until they were obliged to eat the hides and the dead bodies because of hunger, and every one of them looked towards the sky and he found a smoke. And Abu Sufyan came and he said: Muhammad, you have come to command us to obey Allah and cement the ties of blood- relation whereas your people are undone; supplicate Allah for tlicm. Thereupon Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:" Wait for the day when there would be clear smoke from the sky which would envelop people and that would be grievous torivent" up to the words:" you are going to return to (evil)." (if this verse implied the torment of the next life) could the chastisement of the next (life) be averted (as the Qur'an states): On the day when We seize (them) with the most violent seizing; surely We shall exact retribution" (xliv. 16)? The seizing (in the hadith) implies that of the Day of Badr. And so far as the sign of smoke, seizing, inevitability and signs of Rome are concern- ed, they have become things of the past now.

Book 039, Number 6720:
Masruq reported that there came to Abdullah a person and said: I have left behind in the mosque a man who explains the Qur'an according to his personal discretion and he explained this verse:" So wait for the day when the Heaven brings a clear smoke." He says that a smoke would come to the people on the Day of Resurrection anl it will withhold breath and they would be inflicted with cold. 'Abdullah said: He who has knowledge should say something and he who has no knowledge should simply say: Allah is best aware. This reflects the understanding of a person that he should say about that which he does not know that it is Allah who knows best. The fact is that when the Quraish disobeyed Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) he supplicated Allah that they should be afflicted with famine and starvation as was done in case of Yusuf. And they were so much hard pressed that a person would ace the sky and he would see between him and the sky something like smoke and they were so much hard pressed that they began to cat the bones, and a person came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger. seek forgiveness for the tribe of Mudar for (its people) have been undone. The Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: For Mudar? You are overbold, but he supplicated Allah for them. It was upon this that this verse was revealed:" We shall remove the chastisement a little, but they will surely return to evil" (xliv. 15). lie (the narrator) said: There was a downpoor of rain upon them. When there was some relief for them they returned to the same position as they had been before, and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed this verse:" So wait for the day when the heaven brings a clear smoke enveloping people. This is a grievous torment on the day when We seize them with the most violent seizing; surely, We shall exact retribution." And this (seizing) implied (Battle) of Badr.

Book 039, Number 6721:
Abdullah said that five signs have (become things) of the past (and have proved the truth of the Holy Prophet): (Enveloping) by the smoke, inevitable (punishment to the Meccans at Badr), (the victory of) Rome, (violent) seizing (of the Meccans at Badr) and (the splitting up of) the Moon.

Book 039, Number 6722:
This hadith has been narrated on the authority of A'mash with the same chain of transmitters.

Book 039, Number 6723:
Ubayy b. Ka'b reported that the words of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious:" We will, surely, make them taste the lesser punishment before the severer punishment (that haply they may return)" (xxxii. 21) imply the torments of the world. (victory of) Rome, seizing (of the Meccans), or smoke. And Shalba was in doubt about seizing or smoke.
:wasalamex

To be Continued!

Olive
12-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Jazakillah khair for sharing. :)

Faith.
12-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Jazakallah for sharing...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.