/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need some hlp please

AnonymousPoster
12-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Similar thread like this may have been posted by others. So im not gonna depress you with the details i have read som threads on how to deal with regret hurt betrayal and depression but im not sure which post they were. I have in my past years been silly and due to lack of emaan and my fault and weakness comited some sins which i so badly regret and want to forget but it keeps getting me down. i still continue to practise bu some days i just feel to weak and too over burden with the past.

Any inspiration words or any threads link that has been prevously posted please im going out of my mind.

Jazakallah kair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-04-2008, 10:47 PM
:salamext:

Chapter 10-Smile at life

When you smile even though your heart is filled with worry, you reduce your suffering and open a door to the way out. Do not hesitate to smile, for inside you there is a kind of energy full of smiles. Beware of suppressing it, for that means that you are strangling yourself with pain and suffering. It will not harm you if you smile, even when you are talking to others about serious matters from the depths of your heart. How wonderful it is when our lips speak the language of smiles!

A westerner once said: “Smiling is a social obligation.” And he was right, because if you want to mix with people, you have to be nice to them. You have to understand that social life requires human skills at which you have to be proficient, one of which is smiling. This is a social phenomenon which is common to all people. When you smile at people, you are sharing the beauty of life and the spirit of optimism with them; you are giving them the glad tidings of the best that they can hope for. But if you meet them with a face that is devoid of compassion, you are tormenting them and disturbing them with such appearance. How can you accept to be the cause of other people’s misery?

You can be the happiest woman in the world: Dr A’id al-Qarni
‘Say to my servants that have transgressed, do not despair, Verily Allah forgives all sins. Verily He is the most forgiving and Most Merciful’- Al-Qur’aan

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient)". [2:155]

‘Whatever a Muslim faces by way of pain, tiredness, worry, anxiety or trouble- even if it be that a thorn pricks him once- Allah will surely recompense him by turning that as an expiation of his sins.’ (Bukhaari and Muslim)

Dr. Hadhrat Muhammad Abdul Hayy Sahib (Rahmatullah Alayh), used to recite a couplet of poetry. He used to say that when Almighty Allah breaks the heart of any of His servants He desires to lift him to greater heights. These shocks, anxieties and sorrows which come to men are forced exertions in the path of Deen (faith) by which men progress by leaps and bounds to higher degrees and this is not possible in normal circumstances. He frequently recited this couplet:

-یہ کھہ کے کسہ ساز پیالہ پنگ دیا
-اب اور کچھ بنائن گے اس کو بگاڑ کے

“The potter threw down the pot to break it saying that after breaking it he would re-shape it (in a better form).”

Thus, when this heart is broken, it becomes the receptacle of Allah’s mercies and divine reflections. He also used to recite another couplet:

-بتان ماہ وش اجڑی ہوئی منزل میں رہتے ہیں
-جسے برباد کرتے ہیں اسی کے دل میں رہتے ہیں

“The moon-like beloved ones take up their residence in deserted houses.
They reside in the heart of those whom they ruin.”

[”Discourses of Islamic Way of Life” ]
Narrated Abu Umamah in Ahmed: The Messenger

said: When your piety pleases you and your wrongdoing saddens you then you are a Believer. Someone asked, "Oh Messenger of Allah! What is a sin?", He said, "When anything pricks your conscience then (know it is a sin and) give it up."

AssalamuAlaykum

My heart hurts today, I think it’s a good thing though, I read somewhere that the pain a believer feels is so that Allah can expiate for him his sins. My heart hurts in the realisation that mankind is at loss without Allah, without a Supreme being to ask from, to have hope and faith in, but not many people realise that…and the ones that do; sometimes realise a little late.

I was thinking last night- I thought and thought till I could think no longer, I cried and cried till I could cry no longer- and I asked myself, where does true happiness lie? I acknowledged the feeling I had been experiencing for the past few days, a calmness settling in my soul due to having repented, and I decided that was it, that true happiness lies in the contentment and calmness of the soul.

But a while later, I saw my father happy because of something I had done, and decided that was it, that true happiness lies in the happiness of your loved ones…but still, there was something missing, so I gave it more thought and came to a conclusion…True happiness lies in faith.

I’ve lived so much of my life without valuing each moment; I had always been shy as a child- primary school, secondary school, college, university and work, only when it came to the final years or months in each of these places would I begin to open up, that people would see a flower beginning to bloom, but for me then, it was always too late, too late to do anything meaningful as I would have to move on to my next destination or stage in life.

At times I fear the same for my life also, what if my eyes open when it’s too late, what if the realisation of the reality of this life, its temporary pleasures and illusions dawn on me during those last few years or months of my life? Naudhu Billah.

But now, now I have faith Alhamdulillah…

…I have faith…I hurt myself and smile, tell myself I can cope. I fall, I get back up. If I lose, I make an extra effort to win next time; and when I cry, I cry only out of the fear of Allah. I have faith.

I believe that if I turn 360 degrees to face Allah, as I should; He’ll turn towards me, I’m certain of it. Again…I have faith. Now do you believe me when I say true happiness lies in having faith?

All these people we see in the world with broken hearts over trivial worldly pursuits that went wrong; turn your hearts to Allah 100%. We profess to love Allah yet can’t seem to trust Him in all affairs, but tell me this, why do hearts break? Hearts break because we place trust in a person, we trust them to love us unconditionally, across the boundaries of time and space, but when they let us down; our hearts all but break…But now I dare myself to give you a guarantee, to place all that trust you once had –if not more- in Allah, the One who created you and knows you better than you know yourself, give Him your trust…and sure He’ll test you just like He tests all believers, but this time you wont feel as let down…and just because you have faith. I guarantee it; the tests are to strengthen a person.

Last night I was doubled up with grief, literally, I could not stand up straight…But I just stopped for a moment and remembered…remembered that not a single soul or being can help me through this save Allah. Sure people can offer kind words and support, but only He can remove the calamity. And Wallahi I tell no lies, I felt something in me strengthen physically, it was as though a hand was strengthening my spine and forcing me to stand tall…

…And I felt happy in that realisation and moment of awe and wonder, I felt blessed because so many people complain, of misery, sadness and broken hearts, but for all my sorrows, I thought I had gotten off lightly. But now that I have found my own peace I don’t know how to comfort the ones that are still hurting, don’t know how to explain to them….

…I don’t know how to explain to them that its ok to despair for a second, a minute, several hours, -we’re only human- but when they refuse to trust Allah, when they turn to everybody but Allah….I feel at a loss, I want them to realise how important faith is and how time is running out for us, life will soon be over…

How many of the people reading this (Assuming you’ve got this far), will cry at the realisation that they spent so many years chasing after the Dunya. But as I write this I smile, I smile knowing that my heart once hurt due to love that couldn’t be…But still I smile because all it took was a hurt heart - not even a broken one – to realise that nothing will work unless its done in the halal way; with Allah’s mercy, blessings, love and care.

I love all my brothers and sisters in Deen and want them to come to the same realisation as me. I want them to thank Allah and cry tears of happiness over tranquillity so sweet and pure that one could forget all the troubles and pain one has ever felt…And all because of their Imaan and hope in Allah…I want them to feel their hearts and souls mending with Allah’s love and pleasure, Bi ithnillah…

Somebody once said that this life is like a shadow…I say ‘Go with the flow’…don’t try holding onto it, nor making the shadow stay….Just go wherever life takes you, stay strong, stay hopeful and remain true to yourself. Because cant nobody put you down if Allah is by your side. You’re special.

Here’s an idea Insha'Allah, Just look at that rose:

This rose will wilt and die. If the one for whom it was meant, if the love for whom it was meant was halal, then the flower would bloom and be replaced by that special someone. But until then, this rose is but an ordinary flower…it will bloom wilt and die, just like every haram desire….

I'm very sorry for my thoughts being jumbled, this is just a release for me, please bear with me Insha'Allah, I dont mind people ignoring this thread, as long as I can let it out...

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S I took this from another forum
True patience is patience at the moment the calamity first strikes (Bukhaari)

Ok I've gone overboard here so ima shurrup insha'Allah. Sorry

WassalamuAlaykum

AnonymousPoster
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your quote

Previously there were some quotes relating to ways of repenting and what to do wen one feels ashamed cause they sined can some one direct me to those as well please

Re.TiReD
12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Try this insha'Allah: http://ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154748

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!