/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jogging whilst listening to QUran recitation

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
trust me, ive searched for a fatwa

ive SEARCHED, cant find one :(

does anyone have thoughts?

i reckon its cool to be honest.. coz i'd be listening to it innit.

or should i just stick to nasheeds?

Assalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-04-2008, 11:12 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I'd be tempted to sit and listen to it instead :ooh:

I guess it sounds kool though..?

WassalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 11:14 PM
i guess i can do half the park wiv nasheeds then take a breather on the bench an listen to Quran then do other half wiv nasheeds.

but would be cool to do QUran all the way...

i jus wanna kno if it sounds wrong

meh i'll avoid it i guess

IF ANYONE FINDS A FATWA SHARE IT

Re.TiReD
12-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I'd just be worried I wasnt giving the recitation the attention it deserves...Or that I was disrespecting it. Wallahu A'lam sorry I cant contribute properly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
12-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Brother i dont have fatwa but i used to listen to quran whilst in the gym..

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
I'd just be worried I wasnt giving the recitation the attention it deserves...Or that I was disrespecting it. Wallahu A'lam sorry I cant contribute properly.
get ya

Brother i dont have fatwa but i used to listen to quran whilst in the gym..

jazakAllah khair for lettin me know :)

i think i'll just listen to it during breaks, but im still hoping for a fatwa :)

Musaafirah
12-04-2008, 11:41 PM
I have no idea if this site is reliable, but I liked this part.
Quran restores soul calmness:

The results of researches conducted over a group of volunteers from USA who were subject to a recitation of the Holy Quran were striking. A trace of a tranquilizing effect was recorded at a whole rate of 97%. Although many of these volunteers do not know Arabic, yet involuntary physiological changes that led notably to alleviate the acuity of tension they had before were observed in their nervous systems. Furthermore, an experiment of EEG during Quran rehearsal revealed that while listening to Quran, the encephalic waves moved from the fast pattern of vigilance (12-13) wave/ second to the slow pattern (8-18) wave/ second; indicating the state of deep calmness. Non-Arabic speaking persons felt reassured, quiet, and complacent during the process of listening to Quranic verses, in spite of their inability to understand the meanings. This is one of the miracles of the Holy Quran. The Prophet revealed that miracle when saying;
“No people assembled in one of the houses of Allah (mosques), and recite and study the Book of Allah (among themselves), except that tranquility would prevail over them, and mercy would encompass them, and the angels would surround them, and Allah would make a mention of them in the presence of those near Him.”
Source

So from the above it's indicative of being in a calm state, so do you really want to jog whilst in a calm state? if you get what I mean, coz they're like two opposites innit?
I don't know though, sorry. I couldn't find any fatwas either.

ayan333
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
:sl:

i didnt realize it could be a problem till a little while ago.i listen to my headphones almsot 24/7..my Mother says i will go deaf or its not good cuz you can get cancer from that

i jus keep saying ill get it listening to ALLAH (SWA) beautiful words..Holy Quran

im addicted..i listen to it sitting,standing,eating.sleeping.driving,exercisin g,reading,learning,talking,listening to my teacher.the only thing i dnt do with it is go to the bathroom with it

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
^ thanks needed that! @ mus

Ummu Sufyaan
12-06-2008, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
get ya

i think i'll just listen to it during breaks, but im still hoping for a fatwa :)
im not sure if this helps....

noorseeker
12-06-2008, 09:05 AM
not only jogging , what if your working, or reading a book, or your on l. i and its on the background

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.