/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is watching movies online haram

Faisal Pervaiz
12-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Are watching movies and stuff like watching football live on the internet via a stream haram, becasue technically is it not haram as even if you dont watch it it will still be there, so sureley theres nothing wrong with watching it.

Im saying this becasue boxing is coming on tommrow and i dont have sky box office imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saimah Ali
12-06-2008, 12:38 PM
why are you asking if you have already made your mind up that it is not haram!!

Muezzin
12-06-2008, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faisal Pervaiz
Are watching movies and stuff like watching football live on the internet via a stream haram, becasue technically is it not haram as even if you dont watch it it will still be there, so sureley theres nothing wrong with watching it.

Im saying this becasue boxing is coming on tommrow and i dont have sky box office imsad
I don't know if what you're proposing is haram.

I do know that what you're proposing is against the law of the land.

Since Muslims are supposed to respect and conform to the law of the land... I think you know where I'm going with this. :)

Olive
12-06-2008, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faisal Pervaiz
:sl:

You can't say that bro... just say that you walk into a shop and there's music blasting. You can't say that just 'cause the music's there, you're allowed to listen to it.

About watching movies and footie on the Internet... if that's haram, I have no idea...

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
12-06-2008, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanz
:sl:

You can't say that bro... just say that you walk into a shop and there's music blasting. You can't say that just 'cause the music's there, you're allowed to listen to it.
I don't know how things are sorted out in the UK, but in most countries shops, pubs etc have to pay a special compensation for broadcasting music or TV programmes.

Muezzin
12-06-2008, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I don't know how things are sorted out in the UK, but in most countries shops, pubs etc have to pay a special compensation for broadcasting music or TV programmes.
It's like that in the UK - proprietors need a licence for such broadcasts.

Banu_Hashim
12-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Watching sports on the internet... haram? what????

The BBC themselves provide a live stream on their website for footie matches.

Whatsthepoint
12-06-2008, 05:13 PM
If the stream is legal, then its halal, if not, then its haram.

Muezzin
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Watching sports on the internet... haram? what????

The BBC themselves provide a live stream on their website for footie matches.
Im saying this becasue boxing is coming on tommrow and i dont have sky box office
Sky Box Office is Pay Per View. If the original poster wants to watch the match streamed off the Net because he does not have Sky Box Office, I presume it will be for free, and illegal.

Banu_Hashim
12-06-2008, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Sky Box Office is Pay Per View. If the original poster wants to watch the match streamed off the Net because he does not have Sky Box Office, I presume it will be for free, and illegal.
Right. Yes. Sorry, I thought the OP was talking morals and ethics.

Yes, if the stream is online when it's not meant to be, i.e. when you're supposed to be paying for it, then it is of course illegal/ "haram" legally.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.