/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Life is depressing sometimes =[

AnonymousPoster
12-06-2008, 12:10 AM
what i dont understand is .. why do parents force you to do something?
at the end of the day aint it me who is gonna go hell or jannah?
i just think the more i get told the worser i get..
if i was gnna change for the betta i want to do it for the sake of Allah and not because they have told me to.

i always wished to become a betta muslim.. aint it wats in your heart that count.. im a young teenage girl .. and i think going through teenage life is the hardest part in life coz sometimes you feel like doing wat you want to do and sometimes you think wat your doing is wrong.. i cant be perfect
im not that bad .. but it hurts when families of mine come up and say .. so and so that your doing is wrong .. and they always see the bad side of me .. whyy?
i wished i could be perfect but not everything can be possible sometimes and people got to understand that..if i marry im sure my life will change for the better inshallah ..life is hard ..

i got cousins that think im soo bad just because i dont cover up they way i suppose to.. dont you think the ones that aint coverd are sometimes betta then the ones that r coverd .. things go step by step and not just at once..

i love my family and i wish they feel wats inside me than worying about how i look..

"Allah looks not at how you look but whats in your heart"

PEACE

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
12-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes true Allah looks at your heart not how you look, i think it refers to your appearance.

A lot of people do use this sister, Wearing hijab is fard, as long as you remember that, and not look for a way out.

The question is your trying to say , im not ready for hijab, and im a good person
Allahamdulillah im sure you are sister, it must be hard being a teenager

A lot of girls wear the hijab but their not practising, and its because of their parents, not for the sake of Allah swt, but that dont mean that you dont wear it.

it does take time sister, and inshalah you will do the best.

Faith.
12-06-2008, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
if i was gnna change for the betta i want to do it for the sake of Allah and not because they have told me to.

i always wished to become a betta muslim.. aint it wats in your heart that count.. im a young teenage girl .. and i think going through teenage life is the hardest part in life coz sometimes you feel like doing wat you want to do and sometimes you think wat your doing is wrong.. i cant be perfect
im not that bad .. but it hurts when families of mine come up and say .. so and so that your doing is wrong .. and they always see the bad side of me .. whyy?
i wished i could be perfect but not everything can be possible sometimes and people got to understand that..if i marry im sure my life will change for the better inshallah ..life is hard ..

i got cousins that think im soo bad just because i dont cover up they way i suppose to.. dont you think the ones that aint coverd are sometimes betta then the ones that r coverd .. things go step by step and not just at once..

i love my family and i wish they feel wats inside me than worying about how i look..

PEACE
AssalmuAlaykum Sis

You sound a lot like me sis.... but in my situation I want to wear one...Im not getting pressure from my parents or familly....I understand where your coming from...But its only going to help you....Its fard on you to cover yourself...and I know it take A LOT of courage to wear one....especaially if your worried about what people are going to say to you.....Inshallah Allah gives you strenth.......And Allah does know your true intenions....But why dont you put them into practice?

Samira_01
12-06-2008, 11:42 AM
.. same situation

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
12-06-2008, 11:45 AM
incase you thought i wasnt wearing a scarf .. alhamdulilah i do .. but by covering up i mean wearing abaya and stuf like that..

Samira_01
12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by XxFaithxX
AssalmuAlaykum Sis

You sound a lot like me sis.... but in my situation I want to wear one...Im not getting pressure from my parents or familly....I understand where your coming from...But its only going to help you....Its fard on you to cover yourself...and I know it take A LOT of courage to wear one....especaially if your worried about what people are going to say to you.....Inshallah Allah gives you strenth.......And Allah does know your true intenions....But why dont you put them into practice?
.. true

cute123
12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
take your time to accept the decision made by Allah Tallah for us.

AnonymousPoster
12-06-2008, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by XxFaithxX
AssalmuAlaykum Sis

i do practice alot .. and thats what i mean when they only look at the outside of you and not what i know ..

i have seen many sisters that are fully coverd from head to toe mashallah but they dont know much about their religion.. ?

Saimah Ali
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
as long as you do the basics you are fine so just chill

Faith.
12-06-2008, 12:10 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,
do practice alot .. and thats what i mean when they only look at the outside of you and not what i know ..

i have seen many sisters that are fully coverd from head to toe mashallah but they dont know much about their religion.. ?
Masha'Allah you are covering yourself....
& about some sisters I know where your coming from....They seem like they are practicing but in reality their intentions arnt right....
All I can say to you sis is that it seems you are making a effort...
Forget about other people and how they look at you....
Its up to you whether you want to wear an abaya.....when you think that you want to wear one then wear one....Dont't just wear one to please people.....wear one to please Allah

piXie
12-06-2008, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
It is obligatory upon the Parents (especially the father, because he is the figure of authority in the household) that all those under him obey the commands of Allaah and His Messenger :arabic5: And it is obligatory upon the children and the wife to obey in this matter. Today, if I went outside without covering myself up the way Allaahs Messenger has told us to do, and my parents did not advise and forbid me, they would be held responsible on the Day of Judgement. Allaah would ask them about it. And Allaah would ask me about it. And it is a major sin to disrespect and disobey our parents. Very major. We don't want to put ourselves or our parents in that position on that day. It would be a terrible state of affairs, and we'd get done reaaal bad (Allaah forbid that ever happens imsad)

That is true but In Islam we don't only focus on getting ourselves to Paradise, we also want our families to be their with us. It worries a Muslim when he sees someone doing something which will displease Allaah. And if its a parent who sees their son or daughter, it worries even more. Because our parents love us and want to save us from the Hell Fire who's fuel is men and stone.

Imagine if we had a child and when we told him to do something (which would make his life here and his life in the Hereafter good) he said "Mum dad, its my life, my grave, my final destination." In other words, you have no right to tell me, I can do whatever I want.

How'd we feel? :unhappy:

I hope you only said that here and not said it to your parents, because u know, it cuts right through our parents heart when we say that. And by Allaah, the way we treat our parents will come back to us. May Allaah help us to be good to our parents, and bless us with children who are good to us.

It is our duty to command the good and forbid the evil in our homes, and to make sure that those under us are acting in accordance with the commands of Allaah and His Messenger :arabic5:. If we only practice Islam ourselves and don't tell others, our children and those under us, we might earn Allaahs wrath too. Its very scary, u know imsad

When our parents tell us something, whether its nicely or naggingly, we mustn't let ourselves go worse

we can't afford that sister. Its a no no. I know sometimes its not easy, and every cell in our body can be going "grrrrrr" because we don't want to hear it.. but we must think and contemplate on what they are telling us to do. :-[ And what your parents are telling you to do is already a command of Allaah and His Messenger :arabic5:. The Shariah places strict emphasis on the need for women to observe modesty in their dress when they appear in public, by covering all of their bodies and any ornaments or other means of beautification they might wear.

The outer garment (abaya) must be worn in public because Allaah says in Surat al-Ahzab, ayah 59:

Oh Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their outer garments close around them. That will be better, that they may be known and so not be bothered. And Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful.

Sister, I know it can be hard sometimes, but do not let yourself be influenced by other girls who follow Islam 50 50 or don't follow at all. Do not look upto them, do not be like them. They are not our role models. Our role models are the wives of the Prophet :arabic5:. Obey your parents and wear the abaya for no dress can compete with the Muslim dress in terms of its beauty, modesty, decency, and elegance. This dress gives us personality and character. It will earn you respect and admiration, even from the non Muslims. When my sister wore the abaya, this non Muslim woman said to her, "you look so elegant."

My brother who is a teenager stood out in the crowd and his friends. He liked to be unique, tried hard not to be influenced by western society and other gangster boys. And you know, every single teacher in that school respected him for it. They used to stop him in the corridors and ask, "how come u are not like the other boys?". My brother was confident in his Islamic dress alhamdulillaah. And instead of him copying the other boys, the other boys started copying him (:D) This is the respect and influence and power that Allaah gives u when you follow his commands. Be and look 100% Muslim, and set the trend for others too!

When u obey your parents and make them happy u have obeyed Allah. And who knows how much reward Allaah will give u for that? Who knows what Allaah will keep just for u, in this world and the next, because of this good deed you have done. Who knows what calamity he will save u from? And the list goes on. May Allaah bless and reward you and I, and everyone else.

Whereas if one does not obey their parents, the effects of this sin will darken their lives. Life will be depressing for them. Allaah will take the peace away from their lives and homes. Constant arguments and fights. It will give a chance for other people to point a finger at them. It will stop Allaahs blessings from reaching them. And the list goes on. may Allaah protect and save you and I and everyone else from this.

Sister, we need to be Muslim externally and internally. If there are people who only concentrate on their outward appearance (external) but don't practice Islam internally, they are sinning. Allaah could hold them accountable for that.

And those Muslims who think that to have a good heart (internal) is enough, but not ready to improve their outer appearance (external), they are also sinning. Allaah could hold them accountable for that.

So lets try to do both and not compare between the two. Because we don't know what sin we could be doing that Allaah :arabic2: might get us for. Is it the girl who covered herself up but criticized others, or was it the girl who didn't cover herself properly and displeased her parents?

Or would he get both? Lets not chance it

Lets be like the person who strives to follow Islam both inwardly and outwardly. We should exert our efforts to become like that person. For Allaah :arabic2: says come into my Deen fully. 100%. Not 50 50. If u are finding it hard (because hey we are only human!) then pray and Allaah will help u insha'Allaah. He will put it in your heart. :smile:

They love u too, and they wish you the Best of Both worlds. And so do I sis, thats why I made this loooooooong post, the longest one I ever made. :exhausted n If I said anything in it which might have hurt or offended u, then please forgive me. Not intentional sis.

Brother nightstar answered that already.

I pray that Allaah helps you and me, and everyone else, and makes us from those people who run to obey Allaah happily and eagerly. n frm those who stand like a rock, 100% Muslim inside out. Like the special chosen heros and heroines of the Ummah. Aameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.