/* */

PDA

View Full Version : people who show distress/lack of patience

AnonymousPoster
12-06-2008, 12:58 AM
i get really annoyed with people who show a lack of patience.

theres someone right now who just complained about not being able to get married, i had the hugest urge ever to tell them to get out of my face !

theres others who complain about not getting this and that, it makes me really angry, i advise them whilst talking fast and with a bit of a tone i guess, im sure they can tell im angry with them (not that angry but angry) and then afterwards i dont even feel like looking at them.

is this a really bad attitude to have? its normally with people who try to make out like ALlahs not giving enough/not being fair...

Assalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-06-2008, 07:10 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
theres someone right now who just complained about not being able to get married, i had the hugest urge ever to tell them to get out of my face
i think it would be rude of you to react like that if he/she was coming to you for advice...

theres others who complain about not getting this and that, it makes me really angry, i advise them whilst talking fast and with a bit of a tone i guess, im sure they can tell im angry with them (not that angry but angry) and then afterwards i dont even feel like looking at them.
if they're just simply whining because they don't have "this and that" then i think i would be pretty disgusted too...
perhaps instead of being angry with them, you should point out the hundred other things that allah has given them..and have them look at whats they've been given, and not what they havnt been given...

is this a really bad attitude to have? its normally with people who try to make out like ALlahs not giving enough/not being fair...
i dont think its a bad attitude, as long as your getting angry for that reason...as opposed to getting angry that they're coming to for advice...

but at the same time,i think you should be a little more patient with them though, because perhaps they don't realise that they are complaining.

noorseeker
12-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Only a minority of people are grateful, i would like to meet someone who is content, it is hard,

i complain about cant get married, but then i need to remind my self everyday, that im so lucky.

I know im better off than BILLIONS, not millions of people, logic tells me that.

Try telling my nafs that, were only human,

i get annoyed when people complain about food, im like just eat it,
but there was a time when i complained about food aswell and still do sometimes,
so just coz i understand now i shouldnt start shouting at people,
my job is just to gently remind them,

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I can be a moaner at times, but I also dislike people moaning :-[

I think you need to make people take a step back and evaluate themselves....And realise that they're being ungrateful.

Many times we do the wrong thing but dont realise it until somebody tells us in a nice way....

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MO783
12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
:sl:

everybody is different, you have to be understanding and make dua

Argamemnon
12-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Only people who don't suffer to the same extent as those whom they are criticizing would make such statements.

Re.TiReD
12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Agreed ^^

People need to remember that it could be them one day....Allah forbid

Argamemnon
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Agreed ^^

People need to remember that it could be them one day....Allah forbid
When I wasn't as depressed as I am currently, I always got angry at people who committed suicide, or considered them weak. I feel ashamed now because of those thoughts, since I'm thinking of death almost daily now...

Snowflake
12-11-2008, 07:23 PM
assalamu alaykum

I can take people moaning, ranting and raving if it helps them unburden themselves but what i CAN'T take is when people blantantly blame Allah. Then as far as I'm concerned they deserve what they get. A 'someone' who made me promised never to break our friendship, one day said she did not trust Allah. I asked her if she knew what she was saying. She said yes, she does not trust Him, cuz this that and the other happens to her. I told her I can no longer speak to her until she repents and asks for His forgiveness.

I don't care if anyone thinks I was wrong to do what I did. No one speaks about Allah like that in front of me. If they can speak about their Creator like that Who has given them so many blessings, then what am I to them? She did say she repented and apologised to me. But also said if I was a true friend I wouldnt have done what I did.

I have one word to say, "Tough!"

All I can say is be patient with people. It doesn't do any harm to listen. As long as they don't blame Allah of course!

Zahida
12-11-2008, 07:52 PM
:sl: Alot of interesting replies.............thats why they say that patience is a virtue............ Thats why we must be understanding of people when they moan................It might be something more than a moan. People only moan/complain when it is something serious to them...............people who moan that their is not enough salt in their curry should be grateful that they are eating that curry...........................

Please don't forget that everyone is different and brothers and sisters we must try to be tolarant of each other and stop nit picking ...................for a better tomorrow for all of us..........

:):w:

Zahida
12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
:sl: Just want to ask anonymous can you honestly hand on your heart say that you have never had a moan???:):w:

Re.TiReD
12-11-2008, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
When I wasn't as depressed as I am currently, I always got angry at people who committed suicide, or considered them weak. I feel ashamed now because of those thoughts, since I'm thinking of death almost daily now...
I dont know bro...I've felt the same as you...angry and thinking they were weak....But I've also felt as though I wanted it to be over...as though I couldnt do it anymore. I left my fate to Allah at that point...didnt do anything about it....My life is in Allah's hands....not mine.

AnonymousPoster
12-11-2008, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Just want to ask anonymous can you honestly hand on your heart say that you have never had a moan???:):w:
i can *hands on my heart :D* say i have never ever even slightly leaned towards blaming Allah.

Alhamdulillaah.

Re.TiReD
12-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Masha'Allah :)

Zahida
12-11-2008, 11:56 PM
:sl: Allhumdohlillah................... you never moaned not evernever?????? Wow!!! I mean have you never thrown a tantrum cos something wasn't going right/you couldn't find something/someone said something wrong to you........................????? I do all those things little one and i don't blame Allah. Surely we should be more tolarant of others everyone has/makes mistakes.................

It doesn't take much to put a smile on someones face. Don't let anyone walk all over you and take you for granted............ but certainly due to someones naiveity or lack of knowledge we should try to be patient............:w::)

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i can *hands on my heart :D* say i have never ever even slightly leaned towards blaming Allah.

Alhamdulillaah.

AnonymousPoster
12-12-2008, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Allhumdohlillah................... you never moaned not evernever?????? Wow!!! I mean have you never thrown a tantrum cos something wasn't going right/you couldn't find something/someone said something wrong to you........................????? I do all those things little one and i don't blame Allah. Surely we should be more tolarant of others everyone has/makes mistakes.................

It doesn't take much to put a smile on someones face. Don't let anyone walk all over you and take you for granted............ but certainly due to someones naiveity or lack of knowledge we should try to be patient............:w::)
sure i did all those things, but i never made it sound like its Allahs fault is what i meant :thumbs_up

Assalamu Alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.