/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Unseen and us

Tony
12-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Ihave heard from people occassionally that they beleive they may have interacted with Jinns or Angels, and since becoming Muslim ive heard disturbing advice on how to spot a Jinn in the guise of a relative or dog etc. I personall think my love for Allah protects me but I can become scared if Ithink of it too much. Are these tales and advice mere superstition or do the Ghaib interact with us, I have also been advised to shut windows and doors at Magrib salaat to bar Jinn from entering the house, but surely praying would prevent this. The reason I have become conscerned is that I dreamt of Jin pointing at me, then one of my children and that it somehow had something to do with the elderly man next door. I hope this does not come across as paranoid or anythng other than genuine conscern, I think possibl that people have over done the scaremongering but i would like to further my knowledge on the subjec, in particular how to live without being in any contact with Jinns. Peace and sincerity:statisfie:-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faisal Pervaiz
12-06-2008, 08:18 PM
This reminds me, i was once walking down a road in brimigham (stratford road, full of asians) and as i was walking i looked behind for a second as did my freinds i was walking with and this asian i presume he was muslim as he was wearing ermm those clothes that muslims wear when doing hajj, and he picked up a white bird which was sitting on a wall, and the bird didnt even fly away or anything it didnt move, he stared at the bird for a bit and then he juesrt put the white bird back down on the wall where it originally was, the man was wearing a triangluar wood that came with the type of clothes he was wearing , and he looked kinda strange his eyes stood out the most, after this he just carried on walking, and me and my freinds straight away said he might have been a jin. Btw This was straight afttr Jummah.
Could he have been a jin?

Tony
12-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I know area as I was bought up in Stratford on avon. This subject is so interesting. During my youth I explored spiritualism, ghosts, fortune telling etc as my mum was a spiritualist. Every unexplained human connection with "spooky" or otherwordly experiences that I was once fascinated with suddenly became so obvious and easily explained when I became a Muslim. Jinns and there deceptions among humans explain so much.:sl: Peace

alcurad
12-06-2008, 08:33 PM
قال الإمام الشافعي رحمه الله
[[ من زعم أنه يرى الجن أبطلنا شهادته إلا أن يكون نبيا ]]

[[ روى البيهقيُّ في مناقب الشافعي بإسناده عن الربيع:

سمعت الشافعي يقول:
من زعم أنه يرى الجن أبطلنا شهادته إلا أن يكون نبيا ]] انتهى
عن فتح الباري م 6 ص 344

قال ابن حزم الظاهري : ( وإذا أخبرنا الله عز وجل أننا لا نراهم فمن ادعى أنه يراهم أو رآهم فهو كاذب إلا أن يكون من الأنبياء عليهم السلام فذلك معجزة لهم كما نص رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أنه تفلت عليه الشيطان ليقطع عليه صلاته قال فأخذته فذكرت دعوة أخي سليمان ولولا ذلك لأصبح موثقا يراه أهل المدينة أو كما قال - عليه السلام - ، وكذلك في رواية أبي هريرة الذي رأى إنما هي معجزة لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ولا سبيل إلى وجود خبر يصح برؤية جني بعد موت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وإنما هي منقطعات أو عمن لا خير فيه ) ( الفصل في الملل والأهواء والنحل – 5 / 12 )

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
12-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Salaam Alcurad, soory my friend but I cant read Arabic yet but I am sure it is an interesting post :D

alcurad
12-06-2008, 08:47 PM
heh,ok:)
it's the opinion of two scholars-Al Shaafi'i, Ibn Hazm- that jinn cannot be seen by people other than prophets, or only in their time.

- Qatada -
12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
asalaam alaikum

You should know that the Jinn fear humans, particularly people with strong faith in Allah. It was related that the Jinn were frightened of `Umar and Abû Hurayrah.
Ibn Abî al-Dunyâ related that Mujâhid (the tabi'i) said:

“While I was praying one night, somebody from among the Jinn, resembling a boy, stood in front of me and when I tried to grab him he jumped over the wall and I heard the noise of his fall. Then he never approached me again.” Then he said: “They (the Jinn) fear you as you fear them. But they fear you more than you fear them. If someone is approached by one of the Jinn, he should not fear him. Otherwise, they will pounce on him. But, if he confronts them, they will flee.”

[Wiqâyah al-Insân min al-Jinn wa al-Shaytân page 33]

You should not fear the Jinn. Allah says: “It is only the Satan that suggested to you the fear of his votaries: be ye not afraid of them, but fear me if ye have faith” [Sûrah Âl-`Imrân: 175]

advice for someone who fears jinn;
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=18

http://islamtoday.com/show_quest_sec...&sub_cat_id=96

Tony
12-06-2008, 08:59 PM
SubhanAllah. Thanks guys, Those few words have nailed it completley for me. Peace:D

alcurad
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
asalaam alaikum

\Ibn Abî al-Dunyâ related that Mujâhid (the tabi'i) said:

“While I was praying one night, somebody from among the Jinn, resembling a boy, stood in front of me and when I tried to grab him he jumped over the wall and I heard the noise of his fall. Then he never approached me again.”

[Wiqâyah al-Insân min al-Jinn wa al-Shaytân page 33]
it was mujahid's opinion that they could be seen, it was most likely a thief entering his house not a jinn-fell and made a noise!-.
it is good to remember that mujahid was neither the prophet, nor a companion of the prophet.

Zahida
12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
:sl:Interesting. I also had an experience but met someone in the shape of a human form, who told me stuff which was quite disturbing..........things i hadn't even told anyone!!!! This guy called himself Jogi and asked me for some money. ThankAllah i did not fall into that trap but we must be careful..................:w::)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.