/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im such a sinner

anonymous
12-06-2008, 05:43 PM
hello people of the forum and salaamalak'um

I really need help, ive been doing this sin over and over and then i just stop and i pray "i basically become a goody 2 shoes" for a week or so, lowering my vision praying etc but then i completely mess up and then go back to this sin which ive been spending all this time trying to stop. I repent to Allah saying i wont do this sin again but then temptation gets to me and i do it again and again. this cycle has been going on for a year now and im fed up with it. it makes me feel disgusting, i cant look at myself at times. no one knows about this dirty habit that i have.

i really wanna stop doing this but i keep failing miserably. its really shameful.

please help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faith.
12-06-2008, 06:40 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,
then go back to this sin which ive been spending all this time trying to stop
May I ask what this sin is?

mohsen1985
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
It's hard, it happens to many people. Don't worry about it. The best thing you can do is go after the source of what is causing this sin. If it's something you do while you're all alone, then try to avoid being all alone. If it's something you do while you're with your friends, like "looking" then try to distract yourself.

I'm guessing I know what you're talking about, just don't watch movies with nudity and stuff like that in it, get an ad-blocker so you don't see banners on the internet that can stimulate your senses, distract yourself, and you can stop doing it. Once you stop, your body will take care of its needs every now and then when you're sleeping.

:D Hope I guessed the sin right

Zahida
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
:sl: Repent and repent and repent more and make dua for yourself and ask Allah for His help....................... InshaAllah.:w::)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Hurairah
12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (Radhi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu) that the Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi wa Sallam), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that He said:
A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.
[Al-Bukhari, Muslim]

On the authority of Anas (Radhi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu alayhi wa Sallam) say:
Allah the Almighty said: O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.
[At-Tirmidhi, Al-Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal; Its chain of authorities is sound]

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (Radhi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu), who said that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu alayhi wa Sallam) said:
Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him? In a version by Muslim the Hadith ends with the words: And thus He continues till [the light of] dawn shines.
[Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Malik, At-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud]

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (Radhi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu), who said that the Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi wa Sallam) said:
Allah the Almighty said: I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

[Al-Bukhari, Muslim, At-Tirmidhi, Ibn-Majah]

On the authority of son of Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu alayhi wa Sallam), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said:
Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.
[Al-Bukhari, Muslim]

alcurad
12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
some scholars say masturbation is not forbidden when one is under temptation and it stops them from committing adultery.
there is no verse in the qur'an which explicitly prohibits it, nor are there ahadith discussing it either as far as I know. it's just a single verse in the qur'an that people interpret to be against it, but the verse is not specific in that way at all.

Tony
12-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Any body stop to think he might be a shoplifter ! Just joking, peace brother Allah is all forgiving

mohsen1985
12-07-2008, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
some scholars say masturbation is not forbidden when one is under temptation and it stops them from committing adultery.
there is no verse in the qur'an which explicitly prohibits it, nor are there ahadith discussing it either as far as I know. it's just a single verse in the qur'an that people interpret to be against it, but the verse is not specific in that way at all.
I understand what you're saying, it completely makes sense...But you know, since it's something that's not 100% clear, it's always better to be on the safe side and not do it.

Faith.
12-07-2008, 01:29 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,
Any body stop to think he might be a shoplifter ! Just joking, peace brother Allah is all forgiving
Lol...I highly doubt it...!:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.