/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The old lady downstairs...

mohsen1985
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
It all started around 8 months ago when the previous tenant left and this old lady came to rent the 1st floor. She's around 80 years old, but very healthy, except for her eyes going blind, she actually walks faster than I do! Anyways, this lady has a daughter living in Germany, and 5 sons, 4 of them living here, and the other living with his sister.

Her husband passed away 2 years ago, and she lived with her sons (who are all married) for a year, and now she's living here renting our 1st floor. She really warmed up to us when she moved here, and we tried to help her out as much as we could, but lately I've come to realize that she's taking advantage of us. Just a couple of weeks ago I had to help unload a whole bunch of heavy household appliances off the truck just because she didn't want to pay for the guy to bring someone else along to help out. She expects us to take her out with us everytime we go shopping. Every little thing that happens, she wants us (and mostly me) to help. Like if her TV antenna is broken, change the remote controll's batteries, the phone line's broken, the sattelite has no reception, etc...

Well, I just can't take it anymore! I mean if she was all alone I didn't mind. But she has four very very walthy sons! Isn't it their responsibility to take care of their MOTHER?

I was so mad that I told my dad she's just playing innocent! Don't renew her contract and ask her to leave...

Was that a bad thing I did? I do feel a little guilty, but I just can't stop saying to myself "can't her sons come and take care of their mother"?!?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
what do you mean she's acting innocent?
Did you ever tell her you can't help her anymore? She might think this is how things should be, landlords helping the tenants with their chores.. so simply tell her she's wrong..

mohsen1985
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. My mom always tells me "just think you're helping me" or "pretend she's your own grandmother"...and I do, but sometimes it's very frustrating

Tony
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I understand your position, we have a very elderly lady who lives two doors away and her husband died rescently, she takes advantage also at times but I thank Allah for giving me the opportunity to do good deeds for her, you dont really know how deep reaching your intentions are going. I have a feeling it is not only a test from Allah,but also the old lady testing reliability in ou. Ask yourself this, if it was a relative acting this way would you feel the same. If you evict her then who knows what will happen to her. Take my advice and go round redecorate her lounge, take her shopping and cook her a meal. Her relatives are not your conscern. Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you and your familly for your good deeds:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
12-06-2008, 09:38 PM
:sl: Your mum has a kind heart. Brother the old lady didn't request you for your help. You offered and now she is using that to her advantage. Whatever yiu did was out of the kindness of your heart.......... Do as your mother says and InshaAllah Allah sees and knows all...................Ameen

Allah will reward you.:):w:
format_quote Originally Posted by mohsen1985
Well, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. My mom always tells me "just think you're helping me" or "pretend she's your own grandmother"...and I do, but sometimes it's very frustrating

Whatsthepoint
12-06-2008, 09:40 PM
What do you think she'll feel like if you kick her out of the flat for no reason?
A simple conversation can solve many problems and misunderstandings.

syilla
12-15-2008, 07:56 AM
owwwh... she is an old lady. whats wrong with helping her everyday. If sometimes you can't help...just tell her nicely.

sometimes own children just too busy for the mother :(

north_malaysian
12-15-2008, 09:12 AM
when I was living in my old neighbourhood, there was an old widow living next door... of course she asked us to help her like fixing stuff, buying groceries etc.... but she's a great cook and she always give us good food that she cooked... as she's living alone and can't finished it by herself...

so it's win-win solution...:D

Snowflake
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
MashaAllah@your mother! What a kind-hearted lady she is. Brother, it'd be kinder to say when you can't help her rather than getting her evicted! Do you want to undo all the good you have done so far? I think not. Allah tests us in various ways. See it as a test and do your best inshaAllah.

A jewish lady used to throw garbage on the Prophet. On finding her absent from this detestable routine one day, he went to inquire after her and found her to be ill. He didn't think she might have relatives who should bother instead of himself. Touched by his kindness, she accepted Islam.
Have more patience inshaAllah. You only have reward to gain.

mohsen1985
12-15-2008, 07:45 PM
imsad

Sigh, I know, I didn't mean to tell my dad to get her evicted, but sometimes I just lose it. Too much pressure and stress of life sometimes gets to me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.