/* */

PDA

View Full Version : •:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•.EID.•:*¨¨*:•. Mubarak.•:*¨¨*:•.. •:*¨¨*:•

جوري
12-07-2008, 02:06 AM

don't know who Arif and kiran are :D pls tell me one of them is a female name? :D:D

and feel free to add your own eid greetings :D:D:D:D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
12-07-2008, 02:26 AM
:salamext:

lol @ Arif and kiran ;D

EID Mubarak!!

2118605708 1eb65370bc 3?v0 -

2873112152 dac134c2fb 3?v0 -
1552701362 f1ac151c85 3?v0 -

Na7lah
12-07-2008, 04:49 AM

Khayal
12-07-2008, 05:40 AM
:sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Significance of Eid-Al-Adha

The Story of Prophet Ibrahim's attempt to sacrifice his son (celebration of Eid Al-Adha)

Most of us know the story of Prophet Ibrahim's (Abraham) sacrifice and we say that it was a test by Allah (subha'anuhu wa ta'ala). But do we really understand what Ibrahim went through? Do we appreciate what it was like to be Ibrahim?

Can we grasp in thought what happened? Why is it that we regard Ibrahim as the father of faith? The patriarchal figure of the three major world religions, i.e. Islam, Christianity and Judaism. What was it that he achieved?

Ibrahim (saw) is distinguished in the Qur'an with the title of khalil-ul-Allah (the intimate friend of Allah). In surat an-Nisa, Allah says : "For Allah did take Ibrahim for (an intimate) friend " (4:125). He is also described in surat an-Nahl as a model: "Ibrahim was indeed a model. Devoutly obedient to Allah, and true in faith, and he joined not gods with Allah " (16:20).

Ibrahim was born among the star- and idol-worshipping people of Chaldea, in the home of Azar, his father, the idol-maker of the tribe. Ibrahim was among the kuffar, but not of them, like a spring of tawheed (monotheism) arising out of the swamp of shirk (polytheism). The Quran tells us in Surah al-Anaam : " Lo ! Ibrahim said to his father Azar: Do you take idols for God? For I see you and your people in manifest error? " (6:74).

From the revolt in the house of Azar, his father, Ibrahim went on to challenge the polytheism of his people. Indeed Ibrahim is known as history's great idol-smasher, as the founder of monotheism and the crusher of ignorance.

There are numerous verses in the Qur'an which describe how Ibrahim argued against idol-worshippers, his rational arguments against skeptics and those who worshipped celestial bodies, how he deals with unbelievers, how he preaches to his people. For instance, in surat al-Baqara Allah says : "Hast thou not turned thy vision to one who disputed with Abraham about his Lord, because God granted him power ? Abraham said : ` My Lord is He who giveth life and death.' He said: `I give life and death.' Said Abraham : `But it is God that causeth the sun to rise from the East : Do then cause it to rise from the West.' Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected Faith. Nor doth God give guidance to a people unjust." (2:258)

In another example in surat al-Anbiya : "We bestowed aforetime on Abraham his rectitude of conduct, and well were We acquainted with him. Behold! He said to his father and his people, `What are these images to which ye are (so assiduously) devoted?' They said, `We found our fathers worshipping them.' He said, 'Indeed ye have been in manifest error -- ye and your fathers.' They said, 'Have you brought us the Truth, or are you one of those who jest?' He said, `Nay, your Lord is the Lord of heavens and the earth, He who created them (from nothing): I am a witness to this (truth). And by God, I have a plan for your idols -- after ye go away and turn your backs.' So he broke them to pieces, (all) but the biggest of them, that they might turn (and address themselves) to it. They said, `Who has done this to our gods? He must indeed be some man of impiety! ' They said, `We heard a youth talk of them: he is called Abraham.' They said, `Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may bear witness.' They said, `Art thou the one that did this with our gods, O Abraham?' He said, `Nay, this was done by -- This is their biggest one! Ask them, if they speak intelligently!' So they turned to themselves and said, ` Surely ye are the ones in the wrong!' Then were they confounded with shame: (they said) `Thou knowest full well that these idols do not speak!' (Abraham) said, Do ye then worship, besides God, things that can neither be of any good to you nor do you harm? Fie upon you, and upon the things that ye worship besides God ! Have ye no sense?' They said, `Burn him and protect your gods, if ye do (anything at all)!' (21:51-68)

As usual, when falsehood is defeated on intellectual grounds it resorts to plotting and oppression. The response of his people to his da'wa is given in surat al-Ankabut : "So naught was the answer of (Ibrahim's) people except that they said : Slay him or burn him " (29:24) Ibrahim could have given up his message and his beliefs to save himself from the fire of Nimrod. Nut he chose martyrdom. He chose to die for Allah's message to live. He chose to step into the fire of ignorance and tyranny in order to save humanity from the fire of ignorance and tyranny. So he was cast into the fire.

But Allah had a different plan for Ibrahim and he was unhurt by the grace of Allah (ta'ala): "But Allah did save him from the fire. Verily in this are signs for people who believe " (29:24). Allah also says: "We said `O fire! Be cool and a means of safety for Ibrahim' " (21:69). His miracle did not refrain the idol-worshippers from continuing for very long years their plots, persecution, abuse, cruelty and isolation against Ibrahim but he remained uncompromising, unshakable in his beliefs, patient in his suffering, gentle in his manners until he made his Hijra (he migrated) to the lands of Aram and Canaan. He left the land of his fathers to become a stranger in the land of promise.

It was indeed a land of promise. A land where Ibrahim continued a lifetime of struggle, da'wa, movement, bearing alone the heavy responsibility of the mission of Tawheed (monotheism) in an age of darkness, oppression, prejudice and ignorance. Ibrahim did not have children. And through- out his century of Prophethood and service of God, as Ibrahim grew older, his desire to have a son grew stronger. The now old Prophet Ibrahim desperately longed for a son but his wife Sarah was barren. "O my Lord! Grant me a righteous son!" (37:100) was his call to Allah.

Against every expectation, Allah fulfilled his promise of making Ibrahim the seed of a great line of Prophets, the root of the great universal religions. "So we gave him the good news of a forbearing boy" (37:101). Allah brought mercy to the agedness, loneliness, hopelessness and anguish of his trustworthy Messenger. For Ibrahim, Ismail was not just a son for a sonless father, he was the end of a life of waiting, the reward of a century of suffering, the fruit of his life, the hope after despair and the young boy of an old father.

Ismail being the promise of future generations was in some sense the whole world for Ibrahim.

So there was joy and rejoicing in Ibrahim's house as Ismail was quickly growing under the sun of his father's love. But Allah decided that it was not to remain so. Ibrahim was to be tried once more. Ibrahim had a vision in which he was commanded by Allah to slaughter his only son.

Why should Ibrahim, whose entire life was devoted to Prophethood, to Jihaad, to removing ignorance, to laying the foundations of tawheed be tried once again?

Is it because man should not rest? Is it because man should not be deceived by 100 years of Jihad and victories? Is it because he should not think of himself without weakness? Is it for the fact that whatever we fix our eyes upon in this world will blind us? And finally, is it because the higher the spiritual height we reach, the greater is the danger of falling?

It is not possible to convey in words what it must have meant for Ibrahim to be commanded by Allah (swt) to sacrifice his only son Ismail. The magnitude of the pain does not allow the imagination to enclose it. It inspires fear and trembling.

How can Ibrahim take his beloved son, the fruit of his life, the joy of his heart, the meaning of his living and staying, his Ismail, and hold him on the ground, put a knife to his throat and kill him?

If it were only the slaughter of Ibrahim at the hand of Ismail, how easy!

But no! The young Ismail must die and the old and aged Ibrahim must remain!

Ibrahim, the steel-like idol-smasher must have felt torn apart!

Within him, there must have been a war, the greatest jihad. Which war? The war between God and Ismail! The difficulty of choice!

Who should Ibrahim choose? Love of God or Love of self? Prophethood or Fatherhood? Loyalty to God or loyalty to family? Faith or Emotion? Truth or Reality? Consciousness or Instinct? Responsibility or Pleasure? Duty or Right? Tawheed (Monotheism) or Shirk (Polytheism)? Advancing or Remaining? To Become or To Be? And finally, God or Ismail?

What should Ibrahim choose?

Ibrahim did not choose immediately. He doubted and wavered under the crushing force of pain and anguish. Only after the third vision did he finally decide to carry out Allah's command. This is reflected in the hajj ritual of stoning the three idols representing Iblis(Satan) who tempted Ibrahim to disobey Allah.

When a 'truth' enhances one's earthly life, most people become seekers of truth. But when a truth opposes life and leads to problems, loss and dangers the seekers of truth are few in number. Iblis works wherever he finds traces of fear, weakness, doubt, despair, envy selfishness and even great affection towards someone or something. Iblis sometimes blows logical reasons, intellectual and religious justifications to achieve his ends. For instance we may imagine that, under the powerful crush of his pain and distress, Ibrahim could have used many justifications. Perhaps the meaning of dhebh (slaughter) is just metaphorical and means kill your 'ego'. Perhaps 'Ismail' might be a general noun and not Ibrahim's son. Perhaps 'slaughter Ismail' actually meant 'slaughter the love of Ismail'.

Ibrahim could have also tried many interpretations of his vision. But Ibrahim, khalil-ul-Allah, the intimate friend of God, had faith in Allah and he knew that Allah (ta'ala) demanded the sacrifice. Abraham's conscience would make a mockery of all these logical justifications and reasons.

Ibrahim chose the Love of God over the Love of self, Prophethood over Fatherhood, Loyalty to God over Loyalty to family, Truth over Reality, Consciousness over Instinct, Responsibility over Pleasure, Duty over Right, Tawheed over Shirk. He preferred Advancing to Remaining. Ibrahim chose God and gave up Ismail.

On the grounds of Mina near Mecca, an amazing and frightening conversation between a father and a son took place. Ibrahim said to Ismail : "O my Son, I see in a vision that I offer you in sacrifice. Now see what is your view ? " (37:102)

What frightening words for a child to hear! Ismail could have kept silent. He could have asked Ibrahim to refrain. But Ismail had also faith. He submitted to Allah's will. Realizing his father's distress, Ismail gave him these comforting words: "O my father! Do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah so wills, patient and constant " (37:102)

Ibrahim had consulted his son who willingly offered himself to Allah's command. The choice of Ibrahim was sacrifice. That of Ismail was self-sacrifice: Martyrdom.

This gave Ibrahim strength. Ibrahim tied his heart to God, he took the Ismail of his life in one hand and the knife of his faith in the other and he walked until he reached the place of sacrifice. Ibrahim was suffering while believing and at every moment it was possible for him to retract and turn back. Yet he laid Ismail on the ground, putting his face away from him to give strength to his crushed soul and paralyzed hand. And so he slaughtered Ismail. But, by Allah's grace, the knife did not cut. Ibrahim received a sheep and was called by Allah:

"O Ibrahim! You have confirmed the Vision Thus indeed do We reward those who do right This is indeed the manifest trial!" (37:104-105)

Ibrahim gained everything and kept Ismail. This means that the God of Ibrahim is not thirsty for blood like the Inca gods or some Hindu goddesses were thirsty of blood. With one stroke of a knife, concept of Human sacrifice to please God, present in most of the Pagan customs, was abolished forever amongst peoples of the book.

It is the people, the servants of God who are hungry, and hungry of sheep meat. And, symbolically, the only blood shed in this story is the blood of Iblis. This means that from the very beginning God did not want Ismail to be slaughtered.

Mankind has needs but God has no needs. He is Self-Sufficient. Allah (swt) in His Wisdom raised Ibrahim to the highest peak of sacrificing his Ismail without sacrificing Ismail. Allah (swt) promoted Ismail to the highest peak of being the great sacrifice of God without bringing any harm to him.

This event is not about the torment and torture of mankind but about the perfection of humanity, the freedom from the prison of instinct and selfishness and about the elevation of spirit.

This momentous event also teaches us, through Ibrahim, that human life, Ismail's, Ibrahim's, everyone's, acquires its meaning and value from God -- The Source of Creation -- and not from nature. It signifies that the good things in life, represented by Ismail, derive their value not from the mere fact that they exist and can be valued, enjoyed and delighted in, but from God, The Source of Creation Himself. Ibrahim was, in some sense, giving back Ismail to receive him again on the proper basis.

Different people organize differently their loyalty to God, to the family and to the nation or the state. A secular mind owes and absolute duty to the nation (and the family) whereas a religious conscience owes absolute duty to God. For a secular mind Ibrahim was willing to MURDER Ismail but for a religious conscience he was willing to SACRIFICE Ismail. Ibrahim therefore instructs that we should owe absolute duty only to God and it is our relationship to God which ought to transcend and determine out relation to family/nation and not vice-versa. Brothers and Sisters, there still is a lot to understand and discover about this momentous event. These are only a few possible meanings. Only a few, and just possible, because as Ibrahim taught us to be less complacent and more critical about having attained faith, we should be less complacent and more critical about having attained understanding.

The Ismail of Ibrahim was his son. But you, who is your Ismail ? what is it ? Your degree? Your reputation? Your position? Your money? Your home? Your car? Your beloved? Your family? Your knowledge? Your title? Your dress? Your fame? Your soul? Your spirituality? Your Beauty? Your strength? Your career?

How does one know?

Well, you know this yourself. One can only give its signs to you. Whatever is in your eyes which holds the place of Ismail in the eyes of Ibrahim !

Whatever weakens you on the way of faith! Whatever stops you in your movement! Whatever brings doubt to your responsibility!

Whatever has enchained your freedom! Whatever leads you to compromise and justification!

That very thing which deafens your ears before the Message of Truth! Whatever calls you to remain with yourself!

Whatever causes you to flee from your duty! Whoever or Whatever keeps you behind in order to remain with her/him or it!

These are the signs of our Ismail's. Let us search for them in ourselves and let us slaughter them to move towards Allah (swt) and to remove the real knife from the throat of oppressed Muslims from Bosnia to Kashmir, from somalia to Palestine. Let us revolt against the heartless worshippers that we have become. Remember our Eid is not an Eid of victory. It is the Eid of sacrifice (adha).

Read Also: This Eid Al Fitr - Don't forget to share Goddness!

http://www.guidedones.com/metapage/frq/eidadha10.htm

north_malaysian
12-07-2008, 07:50 AM
عيد سعيد!!! كل عام و انتم بالخير
:d:d:d:d:d:d

Tony
12-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Allah please keep from me that whch keeps me from you.

Olive
12-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Eid mabrook ya'll! :D

fatima_01
12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
awwww eid mubarak every1 :d

Re.TiReD
12-07-2008, 12:55 PM

Kiran is the female name btw ;D

And I just had to open this thread, the title is far too pretty to miss :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Faith.
12-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Aaaaw Eid Mubarak Everyone...!:p

786rani
12-07-2008, 01:28 PM
M@ỹ ‡ĥỂ ЂļēšŜłЙġ Ő ÂĿŀÄĤ їĺľ ũŘ ĻїĖ ŵį†Ĥ ҢâÞρÍЙÈŞŜ ÅЙÐ ǿÞĕņ åľĺ Đōóŗś ŏךּ śüςćèŝŞ ŇÔω åמĐ ÅĹŵαỸŝ. ẼÍĐ MÙß@ŗÍқ
Please pray for me, my family and the muslim ummah
jazakallah kheirun
rani

Sahabiyaat
12-07-2008, 01:32 PM
EID MUBARAK everybody:D

i got fifty million 'eid' hugs from the girls at the school i teach (voluntary), my ribs kind of hurt now lol...

Whatsthepoint
12-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm ...dreaming of a ....white Eid Mubarak... nah, it doesn't work.
Anyway, happy Eid Mubarak!

Faith.
12-07-2008, 01:37 PM
^ Aaaaww thats so sweet:p
(To Sahabiyaat)

Güven
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I'm ...dreaming of a ....white Eid Mubarak... nah, it doesn't work.
Anyway, happy Eid Mubarak!
I hope so ....let it snow...let it snow..let it uhmm...ok :X

have a nice Eid every1 !! :D

Olive
12-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Hmm... snowfight on Eid? Wonderful! :D

Faith.
12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
^Brrrr:skeleton:
Ive had enough snow

Ansariyah
12-07-2008, 01:54 PM
^We did that already: d...!!

Taqabbal Allah minha wa minkum!:sunny:

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 02:05 PM
i remember back in the days ...back home we all used to get excited all the boys from the area used to buy toy guns with fake gun powder and fireworks...playing characters of good vs evil...taking cover behind cars and buildings........now that ive grown up i miss those days :(

Güven
12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
LOL you guys actually did those things coool , back in the days we were collecting money from everyone :p

Olive
12-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Aaah! ^That was fun.

Doesn't happen anymore lol. 'Credit Crunch!' :p

Sahabiyaat
12-07-2008, 02:22 PM
i know :(

i remember all us kids used to collect our eid money and then compare our stash and then go buy toys, even your neighbours would give you eid money.

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 02:34 PM
UK is a dead boring place every1 is down...i dont know what it is but everybody is stressed and sad....back home it was really cool....my sisters used to go to the park and i used to chill with friends and when we hear the adhan we used to go pray in the mosque close by....but in the uk every1 is inside their homes by 4pm its cold and dark....sittng down looking glum and stressed.. glued to the tv watching soap characters play out stressing roles...

Re.TiReD
12-07-2008, 02:38 PM
^ ;D

When I was a kid I'd collect all my money and go buy them pink 2p chewing gums with the pink, blue and yellow wrapper ;D anybody remem them?

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 02:40 PM
the one's with syrup inside?... after you chew it ...its got a sweet honey type thingy inside i dont know
i used to buy bon bons...or whatever they are called

Re.TiReD
12-07-2008, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
the one's with syrup inside?... after you chew it ...its got a sweet honey type thingy inside i dont know
i used to buy bon bons...or whatever they are called

Noo not Bubbaloo ;D you're talking about Bubbaloo :p

Lol forget it, maybe you're too young to remember :p

Cabdullahi
12-07-2008, 02:48 PM
^ ohh :raging: that ''ur too young'' remark again :rollseyes

Re.TiReD
12-07-2008, 02:50 PM
^ ohh :raging: that ''ur too young'' remark again :rollseyes
U rolled ur eyes :p U want em scratched out? ;D

And am kiddin, ur same age as me :)

Ok to prevent going off-topic:

جوري
12-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I am going to give everyone on this page a Eid rep insha'Allah so be patient because I might run out before your turn :-[
Promised I wouldn't use my rep for evil :raging: during Eid :D

Are you guys fasting today insha'Allah? :statisfie

جوري
12-07-2008, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i know :(

i remember all us kids used to collect our eid money and then compare our stash and then go buy toys, even your neighbours would give you eid money.
lol yes the eid stash.. plus new clothes and toys.. sometimes I feel sorry for my nieces and nephews not really enjoying eid as I did .. we had a large extended family.. but many of them passed away since and before the new kids could see and enjoy them.. the larger the family and neighbors the huger the stash.. plus they has those traveling caravans that would go from neighborhood to neighborhood with bizarre looking 'rababas' musical instruments made out of cheap wood and swings and all sorts of stuff---
yes little bombs too-- it was amazing :sigh: those were good times..

Ali_Cena
12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
:):):):):):):):):)
Happy Eid Inshallah,
May Allah SWT, protect us all from pain, and releive us form misery, and Inshallah Guide us in the right path inshallah, Ameen
:):):):):):) Enjoy yourselfs tommorow inshallah,
Peace be upon you all!!! Inshallah
:):):):):)

Banu_Hashim
12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Eid Mubarak to EVERYONE. :D

I fasted today. May Allah (swt) accept our prayers. Ameen.

Afifa
12-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Eid Mubarak Everyone
Have a great Eid :D

~Taalibah~
12-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Eid Mubarak to every one!!
Hope you have a joyous day filled with Barkah, Insha'Allah!!!

12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
EID MUBARAK!!!!!

youngsister
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM

I ask Allah swt to grant you all your duas and give you the best possible outcome.

EID MUBARAK have a wonder day:D:w:

Faith.
12-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Eid Mubarak everyone...
Have a wiked Eid...:D:p

islamirama
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Assalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh,

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Taqabbal Allaahu minnaa wa minkum!!!(May Allaah accept from us and from you)

Wishing you a very Happy Eid Mubarak!

May the Mercy & Blessing's of the Almighty be with you, your family, and friends during this auspicious Eid Blessings Day and continue to be always, insha'Allah (God Willing).

May your year ahead continue to be filled with a healthy, wealthy, and prosperity life, and May you have a Joyous and Spirited Eid Mubarak (Blessings) day with all your dear ones, including people of all faiths and humanity, filled with Love, Peace, and Happiness .... Ameen

As we celebrate this blessed day let us not forget the suffering of our oppressed brothers and sisters in Afghanistan, Palestine, Kashmir, Bosnia, Chechnya, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, and the other nations in our duas. Make tons of duas for them please, and visit the following link to learn more on their conditions: http://www.freewebs.com/dawaah/news.htm

Respectfully in Prayers & Duas always
Wa’Salaam

Abu Ilyas
12-07-2008, 11:10 PM
3id Mubarak.

crayon
12-07-2008, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
yes little bombs too-- it was amazing :sigh: those were good times..
:D
One word.
Firecrackers.
:D:D:D

جوري
12-07-2008, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
:D
One word.
Firecrackers.
:D:D:D
ROFL.. I have gone senile.. watch me say that on the streets of NY and see them Haul me to the 17th precinct lol.. yes firebombs

Eid Mubarak insha'Allah

Whatsthepoint
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
UK related q:
Does anyone know what that candy shaped Christmas firecracker is called?

Umu 'Isa
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Eid Mubarak! Taqabballahu minna wa minkum :)

جوري
12-07-2008, 11:16 PM
woops I meant firecrackers..
I am going to go pray Isha, I am not making much sense lol

Whatsthepoint
12-07-2008, 11:25 PM
It's lovely to see you all jolly.

جوري
12-08-2008, 12:04 AM
What are you talking about.. we are always Jolly
we are just hot blooded by nature :D

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-08-2008, 08:12 AM
As-Salam 'alaykum!

Taqabbal-Allahu minna wa minkum and 'Eid Mubarak to you all!

Soulja Girl
12-08-2008, 08:28 AM

Eid Mubarak Ya LI... :D Hope y'all have an awesomeee day... :)

noorseeker
12-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Eid mubarak everyone

Nájlá
12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Eid mubarak

Taqabbal-Allahu minna wa minkum

ahhh this thread reminded me of the old days when i was young imsad

Tony
12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
ahhh this thread reminded me of the old days when i was young imsad[/QUOTE]

LOL. Could hardly hear your complaint over the creaking of your ancient 15 year old bones. Peace:crickey:

Danah
12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Eid Mubarak everyone.............I managed hardly to come to LI today to greet my sisters and brothers and say Eid Mubarak, they are soo important as the people I live in the real life :statisfie

I feel soooo attached to this place subhan allah :statisfie

*Marwah
12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
:)ENJOY YOUR EID EVERYONE:)

Nájlá
12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony

LOL. Could hardly hear your complaint over the creaking of your ancient 15 year old bones. Peace:crickey:

lol still in the UK by the time ur 12 theres no more toys no more games and its sooo boring u get treated like an adultimsad

Najm
12-08-2008, 04:18 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Takabal Allahu Minna Wa Minkum. May Allah accept from me and you.

FiAmaaniAllah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Eid Mubarak!

mystifyed
12-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Eid Mubarak everyone
its eid today in pakistan

Re.TiReD
12-08-2008, 10:22 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Hope ya'all had a fabtastic day insha'Allah! :p

Mines over now....Just needed some time to myself after a house full of rowdy kids :p ... and for me, that means LI...:p

WassalamuAlaykum

Banu_Hashim
12-08-2008, 10:28 PM
So how was everyone's Eid? (to those of you that have celebrated it already).

Mine was relatively busy as usual, spending time with family and friends, visiting people, getting eidi :D.

Re.TiReD
12-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Same alhamdulillah. Was just very very veryyy cold :|

But kool :p

Afraa
12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Eid Mubarak my fellow brothers and sisters!!!

Cabdullahi
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
i spent my eid here :

:(

Banu_Hashim
12-08-2008, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Same alhamdulillah. Was just very very veryyy cold :|

But kool :p
Ditto. It was freeeezing this morning. But started to warm up with 100+ people hugging each other after the khutbah!

Banu_Hashim
12-08-2008, 10:35 PM
i spent my eid here :

:(
Aw that sucks bro...:( (I've got the exact same calculator btw... They are the BEST)

Re.TiReD
12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

You was at uni? I have the whole week off alhamdulillah!

Hope you still had a good day though bi'ithnillah

WassalamuAlaykum

Güven
12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
I was at school too, had an tough exam :(

and it is COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

جوري
12-09-2008, 12:45 AM
awwwwwwww.. sorry you guys.. Al7mdlilah I spent my day with family.. but bro didn't get a chance to slaughter until 3 o'clock, so he missed a great deal of the day, we ate about an hour ago..

north_malaysian
12-09-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm very tired today.... and it's a working day.....:exhausted

But had a fantastic Eid yesterday.... I've eaten so many delicious meals... and even managed to cut the qurban meats at the mosque...

Makky
12-09-2008, 12:02 PM

Eid Mubarak

تقبل الله منا و منكم

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I woke today with a halal hangover :mmokay:

I dont even know what that is but it sounds good :p

Lol basically I woke up with a banging headache and I was woken several hours too early so my mood was foul but I'm ok now alhamdulillah :p

WassalamuAlaykum

~Taalibah~
12-09-2008, 12:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim

Mine was relatively busy as usual, spending time with family and friends, visiting people, getting eidi :D.

We had a relaxing day, Alhamdulillah. And it was verrry H-O-T.:D

Faith.
12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
AssalamuAlaykum,

Mine was relatively busy as usual, spending time with family and friends, visiting people, getting eidi .
Mine was hectic...but awsome....:D
Hanging out with cuzzins...
and eating...Loads of food..! *Cakes*:X lol

جوري
12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
For how many days to you guys celebrate Eid?
growing up in the old country it used to be four days.. now reduced to one unfortunately or so it seems :hmm:

Cabdullahi
12-09-2008, 05:48 PM
celebrate? i couldnt .........all day i was infront of the comp in the lab

Re.TiReD
12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
growing up in the old country it used to be four days.. now reduced to one unfortunately or so it seems :hmm:

Yeh it's one now :( :p

Used to be 3 back in the day :p

Banu_Hashim
12-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Back in the days... We could have an excuse to take 3 days off school instead of one..:p

~Taalibah~
12-09-2008, 10:19 PM

One, tho i think its supposed to be 3?

Muhammad
12-10-2008, 12:36 PM

Eid Mubarak to all of you. Taqabbal Allaaahu minnaa wa minkum, Aameen!

I hope you all had/are still having a wonderful Eid, Insha'Allaah :).

جوري
12-10-2008, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
One, tho i think its supposed to be 3?
We should recite something after each salat I believe on Eid for three days? Do you guys do this?
Allah Akbar Allah akbar la illah illa Allah as people do for early morning eid prayer?

anyone else has heard of this?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.