/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I did something terrible and need help pls

جوري
12-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Ok.. with the new windows inspirat brickopack the new vista crap, you can have this cool panel on the top.. today I moved some icons from the side to this up place, while deleting the original thinking it is but a mere short cut, as it turns out it deleted all my important documents..

most importantly this Adobe flash reader thing that had many books in it.. I tried to see if I still had my purchased books through search, they are still there.. I tried to open them but only one page shows.. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
angry with myself.. but need to restore all that stuff.. I am redownloading adobe now, not sure it is even the right version for reading books.. pls tell me if there is some way I can recover the old stuff without this three hour re-download of all lost material.. plus I don't want to pay for some of these books again imsad imsad imsad?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-08-2008, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
Ok.. with the new windows inspirat brickopack the new vista crap, you can have this cool panel on the top.. today I moved some icons from the side to this up place, while deleting the original thinking it is but a mere short cut, as it turns out it deleted all my important documents..

most importantly this Adobe flash reader thing that had many books in it.. I tried to see if I still had my purchased books through search, they are still there.. I tried to open them but only one page shows.. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
angry with myself.. but need to restore all that stuff.. I am redownloading adobe now, not sure it is even the right version for reading books.. pls tell me if there is some way I can recover the old stuff without this three hour re-download of all lost material.. plus I don't want to pay for some of these books again imsad imsad imsad?

It would be worth a try to go into your control panel and do a system restore. There is no guarantee it would work, but it is worth a try.

Go to the control panel and click the "system backup and restore" Icon and select the most recent date.

جوري
12-08-2008, 02:47 AM
:sl:
Not sure what possessed me to do something so asinine ..
a lesson to be learned from this.. well a sole lesson :D

was able to restore some of the more important stuff be reinstalling the programs and going through C drive and manually putting them there but alot of stuff is lost.. like the entire encyclopedia as well my Uptodate ( one of the more finicky programs..

al7mdlilah 3la kol 7al

Jazaka Allah khyran

Woodrow
12-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Do not feel lonesome. I doubt if a day goes by I don't delete something I wanted. The only good part is every few hours I run a back-up onto an external Hard drive. So far so good. But probably just a matter of time before I accidentally reformat the external hard drive. or manage to loose it someplace as we travel around.

I hate Vista.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Thank you brother woody you always know just what to sa to make me feel better---
Jazaka Allah khyran.. hope you have a great Eid with sis insha'Allah :D

Tornado
12-08-2008, 04:28 AM
http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva/

When installing this program, uncheck install for yahoo toolbar.

جوري
12-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Thanks.. yes I have that a part of the crap cleaner series -- should have had the good sense to see if it works today--
just now I am done recovering most of the stuff.. but wasted most of the evening doing so unfortunately...

mohsen1985
12-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Get this program: GetDataBack

There are 2 version NTFS and FAT

get the NTFS version

install it on a drive other than the one you had your lost files on.

try not to move anything around in the drive that had your files that you deleted.

run this program on that drive and it will recover your files. I've used this program a lot, the best recovery program there is.

if it asks for a serial number, let me know

جوري
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran-- will do------ but not this moment -- it is eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddd and I must be off to celebrate

eid mubarak everyone

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.