/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Q: replacing past prayers

ashara
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Salam. hope someone can help me with this. I understand that if lets say I missed a prayer I can replace it by making the right ni'ah. But normally this is for very recently missed prayers. What if someone has been born as a muslim but due to some reason did not pray for a long time and then repented. Should or can the person replace the prayers that have been missed all those years?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Taalibah~
12-09-2008, 10:59 PM
:sl:
He should.
If he, for some reason cannot then there is something for him to do, i think. If someone knowledgeable on the subject doesnt come up, i'll find out for you.

chacha_jalebi
12-09-2008, 11:47 PM
bro how you gona replace prayers for a year, there is 365 days in a year, and 5 daily prayers, so 365 x 5 you do the maths :p and if its more then a year, then it will be a mission to make them all up, so best option is to ask for repentance from Allah (swt) and also focus on today, forget the past, focus on today, so pray your fardh salaah, do sum extra thins, witr, tahajjud, salaah at duhaa, nafl, sunnah, start from today innit, and ask repentance for the past :D

syilla
12-10-2008, 05:32 AM
:salamext:

the way i say is... we should try our best to replace the salah...eventhough we will not be able to replace all.

However it is not obligatory in islam. :)

And also...the best is to do as much as ibadah as you can.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ashara
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
salam. thanks all. so can i assume the idea is its not obligatory but can be done?

btw i am a sis not bro :)
i know its a lil late but eid mubarak all

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.