/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weird emails?

mohsen1985
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Every now and then I get an email like this (this one's the first one I received):

Hi!
I am ramada how are you , hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.I went through your profile at(lovestan.ir ) and i read it and pick intersest in it,please if you don't mind i will like you to write me through this iD(ramada_lo@yahoo.com)
I am an easygoing young girl, very kind and honest. I love to be around
the house and adore cooking. I bring to people love and happiness,I am
an optimistic and very romantic person. I like to make things with my
own hands. I am looking for a man with whom I can create a strong and very happy family. I will give him all my love and passion. I know that somewhere in
this world there is a man who need me and
whom
I need and remember age or distance can not prevent the power of love.I
will be waiting for your mail because i have something VERY important
to tell you. Lots of love ramada
Being very confused, since I've never even heard of that site, I thought maybe the person has entered the target email incorrectly. So I replied and said to check the email address since I'm not a member of that site...

Another reply came:

My dearest Friend
I am more than happy in your reply to my mail.How was your day?.i hope you had a wonder full sweet day,i really thanks God for his infinite Mercy upon me in this my wilderness experience. Mine was hot over here in Dakar Senegal. My name is Ramada Labo (23years) single and never married, i am from Rwanda in East Africa and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country. My late father Dr Nelson Labo was the chairman managing director(LABO INDUSTRIAL COMPANY LTD)in kigal and he is also the personal adviser to the former head of state before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my father. Due to the sudden death of my father , my mother had a blood pressure with resulted to her death after 4 four mouth my beloved father left us.It was only me that is alive now and i managed to make our way to near by country Senegal where i am living now as a refugee. Due to the
maltreatment am receiving from my step mother.I would like to know more about you. Your likes and what you dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Hoping to hear from you soonest,
Yours Forever.
Ramada Labo
Has anyone else received anything like this? Is this another one of those internet scams that's going around? In another one of these emails the person said "I want you to come and marry me and help me get my father's wealth back so we can live together, blah blah blah":confused:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdu-l-Majeed
12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Just ignore it, my akhee, scam totally. There still are people who think they can fool others with this kind of emails.

Re.TiReD
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I smell spammm!

Lol Yah it's spam akhee, some of em even target members on forums. Dont even bother replying insha'Allah it's total and utter patheticness :)

WassalamuAlaykum

mystifyed
12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
i dont even open mails like this
coz once i opened it and it contained a virus

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yasin ibn Ahmad
12-08-2008, 10:53 PM
% 100 Spam

Cabdullahi
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
yo! i got something similar..but mine was extra obvious.it was a bank company in nigeria ...lagos or something and they told me i inhereted some 10 million dollars and they needed to make a bank transfer within a week or else i would lose the money...so therefore they asked for my bank account number,...details and everything...but i was no dummy !.. i replied to them.. 'how about i send you nothing and you guys send me a check its easier' they never replied back ever! from that day

Mikayeel
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
:sl: weird mails lol

I had one but mine was asking me for my bank acount cuz a guy wanted to wash money, nd i was gna make millions out of it :D

Re.TiReD
12-08-2008, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel

I had one but mine was asking me for my bank acount cuz a guy wanted to wash money, nd i was gna make millions out of it :D
:wasalamex

I think I saw that scam on the show...was it black money he was guna wash?

Mikayeel
12-08-2008, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

yee thats the one, what did they say about it on the show?

Güven
12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
ive got 20815 emails in my account, i never check them lol

Cabdullahi
12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud

The real hustle lol^

Re.TiReD
12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
yee thats the one, what did they say about it on the show?
Basically it's money that shouldnt even be in existence and when its served its purpose its destroyed I think, these scam people wanna make you believe that they have a solution that will get rid of the black dye on the notes without doing anything to the actual paper...It's not true through. Lol

I didnt pay much attention to the rest of it, bro's were watching it and I just tuned in for a sec :p

WassalamuAlaykum

Re.TiReD
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
The real hustle lol^
Oh yeh, I forgot it's name lol my bro's love it :|

TrueStranger
12-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Lol, that is totally a scam. You guys are at least getting these scams through e-mail, I got one by mail. How did they get my address???? They even had their signature on it, as if that will make it look more real.

afzalaung
12-09-2008, 10:35 AM
when someone adress u with such friendly..brotherly lovely terms...with respect....just ignore it...something's rotten therein.

Sahabiyaat
12-09-2008, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
ive got 20815 emails in my account, i never check them lol

ha ha me too

yup watch the real hustle people....cept keep ur eyes averted from that woman in the trio,.......like i didnt know you watch it for that!! hah!

couple of days ago we found out, somebody has taken out nearly £3000 from my dads account over sevearl weeks. and it wasnt him, my dad only found out my checking his statement recently.

The bank will be compensating him and are investigating the case Alhamdulillah.

Olive
12-09-2008, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J.U.N.I.O.R
yo! i got something similar..but mine was extra obvious.it was a bank company in nigeria ...lagos or something and they told me i inhereted some 10 million dollars and they needed to make a bank transfer within a week or else i would lose the money...so therefore they asked for my bank account number,...details and everything...but i was no dummy !.. i replied to them.. 'how about i send you nothing and you guys send me a check its easier' they never replied back ever! from that day
Lol! I got that same e-mail. :D

maryam87
12-09-2008, 11:31 AM
i got two similar to urs and they were German girls which kind of freaked me out being a female myself. They had like an essay bout their life story and how they wanted to get to know me. It really gave me the creeps

sister herb
12-09-2008, 11:43 AM
:bump1:

I am main moderator in one islamic forum where we have got similar "messages". Just delete them.

These are best ones I/we have got:

"Typical" internet scam

Dear Sir/Madam
I'm a housewife with a lovely baby 3 years old. My husband lost job last year, then he divorced with me, left all his savings (which is very miserable) to us and went out to other province to look for job. Now I don't konw where he is. Now I'm doing some small business at a local flea market to make living.
But it's too hard to raise my little baby. I can't afford to buy him toys and cartoon books, can't afford to buy him Kentucky food and candy, can't afford to take him to park and kindergarden.

For God's sake, please help me. Your kind help could save a lovely baby, give him opportunity to accept equal education, bright happy and light to our life.
No matter how much your donation is, we understand that's your great love to God and humanbeing, we'll pray for your kindness in our heart.
Yours Faithfully
Zhang
Any donation could be T/T to:
bank account no.: 4444703-0188-060676-3
beneficiary: Mrs.Zhang
Bank of China Changzhou Branch,Jiangsu Pr.
bank address:No.150,South Heping Road,
Changzhou,Jiangsu,China 213003
telex: 361008 BOCCZ CN; 361068 BOCCZ CN
SWIFT: BKCHCNBJ95E
------------------------------------------------------------------

Parody response: ------------ The FUNNY BIT: ------------

Dear Kind Stranger,

I am a very sick little boy. My mother is typing this for me, because I can't. She is crying. Don't cry, Mommy!

Mommy is always sad, but she says it's not my fault. I asked her if it was God's fault, but she didn't answer, and only started crying harder, so I don't ask her that anymore. The reason she is so sad is that I'm so sick. I was born without a body. It doesn't hurt, except when I go to sleep. The doctors gave me an artificial body. My body is a burlap bag filled with leaves. The doctors said that was the best they could do on account of us having no money or insurance. I would like to have a body transplant, but we need more money. Mommy doesn't work because she said employers don't hire crying people. I said, "Don't cry, Mommy," and she hugged my burlap body. Mommy always gives me hugs, even though she's allergic to burlap, and it chafes her real bad.

I hope you will help me. You can help me if you forward this e-mail. Dr. Johansen said if you forward this e-mail then Bill Gates will team up with AOL and do a survey with NASA. Then the astronauts will collect prayers from school children all over America and take them up to space so that the angels can hear them better. Maybe one day I will be able to play baseball. Or maybe just use my lungs and heart, when the doctors make them. The doctors said that every time you forward this letter, the astronauts can take another prayer to the angels.

Please help me. Mommy is so sad, and I want a body. I don't want my leaves to rot before I turn 10. If you don't forward this e-mail, that's OK. Mommy says you're a mean heartless ****head who doesn't care about a poor little boy with only a head. She says that if you don't stew in the raw pit of your own guilt-ridden stomach, she hopes you die a long slow horrible death so you can burn forever in hell. What kind of god****ed person are you that you can't take five ****ing minutes to forward this to all your friends so that they can feel guilt and shame for the rest of their day,and then maybe help a poor, bodiless nine-year-old boy?

Please help me. This really sucks. I try to be happy but it's hard. I wish I had a puppy. I wish I could hold a puppy.
Thank You.
Billy 'Smiles' Evans,
The boy with just a head.
And a burlap sack for a body.

mohsen1985
12-09-2008, 08:33 PM
OMG! LOL that was TOO funny! I can't stop laughing!!!

Can't afford to take him to the park! Bill gates, AOL, NASA!!!!! BODY TRANSPLANT!!!!!!! this is too much LOL

I'd love to see more of those :D:D:D:D:D

Muezzin
12-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Obviously a scam, but even if the guy wanted to launder money (as opposed to just suck your account dry) you would get in serious trouble with the Serious Fraud Office.

Seriously.

~Taalibah~
12-09-2008, 10:06 PM
:sl:

^^ LOL!!!

I only get that kind of rot on yahoo.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.