/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Children and the Day of Judgement?

omar_2133
12-08-2008, 04:44 PM
What is the age at which a person is held accountable for his actions and deeds in this world? I'm currently going to be 15, and I'd like to know whether I'm already comitting things that will count for or against me in the afterlife.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
12-08-2008, 07:11 PM
:salamext:

The Prophet (saws) said: "There are three (persons) whose actions are not recorded: A minor until he reaches puberty, a lunatic until he gains his reason, and a sleeper until he awakes."

(Related by the Compilers of Sunan and Others)

Once past the age of puberty, you are accountable for your actions.

mohsen1985
12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Can you please explain the "sleeper before he awakes"?

جوري
12-09-2008, 06:00 AM
I guess if you have dreams where you are 'committing not such holy acts' you won't be held accountable since they are just dreams..
at least that is my understanding of it and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohsen1985
12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
I thought it would be something like that, but then I thought of "sleeper" being a person who hasn't been guided yet, that's why I asked for an explanation :D

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Bismillah!

Signs of puberty: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/70425

omar_2133
01-17-2009, 04:53 PM
So would the age of 14 mean that I've reached puberty and I am now accountable for my actions?

noorseeker
01-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Most youngsters are past well past puberty at 14, so you will be held accountable.

The sleeper till he wakes refers to someone who is sleeping, as you cannot commit any sins.

Vito
01-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Taken from the link posted above:

"Puberty has signs which are well known for both males and females. For a male, puberty is reached when one of three things happens: the emission of semen, the growth of coarse hair around the private part, or reaching the age of fifteen."

I guess if any of those happened then you answer would be yes.

aadil77
01-17-2009, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Most youngsters are past well past puberty at 14, so you will be held accountable.

The sleeper till he wakes refers to someone who is sleeping, as you cannot commit any sins.
or maybe commiting sins whilst sleep walking :skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.