/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this my test from Allah?

anonymous
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Salaamalakum to my bros and sisters

I am very ugly which limits me from doing stuff, such as meeting people, looking for a job, socalising, i can barely talk to people at all normally because im very anxious and depressed. I avoid meeting people and basically i try to isolate myself from other people.

Is there a reason to why Allah has made me this way?

often people treat me differently because of the fact that i dont look normal, ive been called ugly plenty of times in my life, ive started to believe that I dont diserve anything and that im not a good muslim because im ugly, its like i dont see the point in people buying anything for me or anything. People have a right to call me ugly. Like i walk onto a bus and people usually stare at me, little kids even.

Do you think this is a test from Allah on me?
I do try being a good muslim that i can.

Asalaamalakum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohsen1985
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
:sl:

Bro or sis, everything is a test from Allah, but who's to say who's ugly or who's beautiful? This is just a worldly thing. Be beautiful on the inside, have a beautiful heart. Be pround of who you are. Don't even underestimate yourself. Have lots of confidence. The more you isolate yourself, the more you'll feel depressed and lonely. Be as active as you can, go out and have fun, don't let anyone get to you.

AhlaamBella
12-08-2008, 06:10 PM
I agree ^^^

Ugly is a matter of opinion. Also, when beautiful on the inside it begins to shine outside :)

AnonymousPoster
12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
:wasalamex

Allah says (translation of the meaning):

O man! What hath made thee careless concerning thy Lord, the Bountiful,

Who created thee, then fashioned, then proportioned thee?

Into whatever form He pleased He constituted you.

[Quran 82: 6-8]
He created you in the way He wanted for a great wisdom, for example i know of someone disabled who said 'alhamdulillah i'm not too active, otherwise i might have done stupid things if i never had this disability.'

By just reading what you said though, masha Allah the way you write is amazing - in the fact that you seem confident and not really the shy type of person. Be happy, and i'll tell you - read the story of Julaybib;

http://www.islamicboard.com/companio...-julaybib.html

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MT2
12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
im not a good muslim because im ugly
“When the Prophet (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) was asked which people suffered the greatest affliction, he replied, “The prophets, then those who come next to them, then those who come next to them. A man is afflicted in keeping his religion. If he is firm in his religion his trial is severe, but if there is weakness in his religion it is made light for him, and it continues like that till he walks on the earth having no sin.”

Everything in life is a test from Allah (swt). Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder- you might appear ugly to some and gorgeous to others (and most likely, those who find you beautiful may be too shy to mention it). You mentioned trying to be a good Muslim—if you put everything aside, you striving to please Allah (swt) and following the steps of Muhammad (saw) makes you beautiful. Continue in the straight path and you will radiate with beauty

Besides, the more you think of yourself as ugly, the more anxious and depressed you will be. Don’t let your thoughts (or others’ thoughts) prevent you from living your life. Just a reminder, beauty isn’t everything- so you don’t need to be physically attractive to meet people. Have a welcoming personality (greet people properly, smile, etc) people will like you for who you are and not how you are. Meeting a couple of people who like YOU for being YOU will increase your self-confidence and help you in becoming social. We all have skills, expose yours and you’ll find a job in a field you like insha’Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.