/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim and his Soul

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Gur Fateh

OK, just been wondering, as Muslims bury the dead within 24 hours of death, does that mean the soul remains within the body until the day of judgement? does it not leave once the last breath has been taken? seems odd, but if people can enlighten me.

:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
When a person/Muslim dies his/her soul is taken. It is then returned in the grave where they are questioned by the angels munkar and nakeer...

Erm that's very basic I know, someody correct me if I'm wrong insha'Allah.

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2008, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
When a person/Muslim dies his/her soul is taken. It is then returned in the grave where they are questioned by the angels munkar and nakeer...

Erm that's very basic I know, someody correct me if I'm wrong insha'Allah.
Ah, so it is taken. where does it go? does it go to Allah? or...?

Re.TiReD
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Doesnt death = the taking of the soul in all religions?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Doesnt death = the taking of the soul in all religions?
Indeed it does. But unlike Islam, Sikhism allows the person to be buried or cremated, it's not essential do the one or the other. As the body is a vessel and once you're dead, it can be discarded as pleased.

Just curious to why Islam insists on the burial alone. God can give you anothe body, why retain the one that's buried? the one when uncovered will be just bones.

aamirsaab
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Just curious to why Islam insists on the burial alone. God can give you anothe body, why retain the one that's buried? the one when uncovered will be just bones.
Probably to due with the respect for all God's creations (like the halaal meat stuff) as cremating is desecrating the corpse.

Though, I do wonder what will happen, Islamically speaking, on the Day of Judgement to those who have had their bodies cremated.

Actually, I think I'll stop wondering - so as to avoid nightmares on the matter!

Re.TiReD
12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Though, I do wonder what will happen, Islamically speaking, on the Day of Judgement to those who have had their bodies cremated.
[Allah's mercy on those who fear Him]

A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else]. So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: Being frightened of You) and because of that He forgave him.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Asja
12-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Assalamu Aleicoumu dear brothers and sisters.

May you be in the best state of heath and faith.

I will try to answer on your question dear brother,Inshallah.

In the Holy Quran Allah sais:"When someone of them death comes,he saisMy LOrd get me back that I do some goods in that what I left behind my selfe",Never! That are words that they will say invain-in front of them it will be opstacul to the day that they will be be bring into life again".

Prophet Mohammed s.a.v.s said that verily beliver who is servent of Allah,when he is leaving this world and going on onother world it comes to him angles with brights faces,and with them they are wearing misk of Jannah and Jannah clothes.
After that it comes Angel of death a.s and said to Muslim beliver:"Oh good soul go to mercy of Your Lord and His pleasent".Than soul is leaving her body and angels are taking her to the moment that she pass sky of earh and after they get permsion they are going to the next sky to the moment that they come on seven sky(Allah has created seven skys before His Almighty Arsh).Almighty Allah will say than:"Write my honest servent in the Book of the rightest and good ones".
And on the day of Jungment Inshallah Allah will back our souls into our bodys.

May Allah make our souls pure Inshallah and may Allah reword all Muslims with Jannah.Amin

May Allah bless you dear brothers and sisters.

I hope I could help you Inshallah.:)

Selam

Asja

Asja
12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Probably to due with the respect for all God's creations (like the halaal meat stuff) as cremating is desecrating the corpse.

Actually, I think I'll stop wondering - so as to avoid nightmares on the matter!
Assalamu Aleicoum dear brother.

Dear brother we should always belive in Almighty atributes of Allah subhane we teala and His Almighty Power and like Allah sais in Holy Quran"It is enough that He sais be and it be".And in onther ayah Allah sais:"what do you think,what is more diffuclt to create you or sky",and here Allah is saying that is more diffucult to crete sky than us.
Elhamdulillah these ayahs are showing us that Allah is Almighty and He can do everything with His will.

And also in Holy Quran Allah is saying that He can make a live again everyone no metter on which way he died.

I hope Inshallah I could help you dear brother:)

May Allah bless you.

Selam.

Asja

جوري
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Name of Questioner
Mustafa - United Kingdom

Title: How Islam Views Cremation
Question:

Respected scholars of Islam, As-Salaam `Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh. What is the Islamic view of cremation? Jazakum Allah khayran.

Date

13/Jul/2002

Name of Counsellor

Ahmad Kutty
Topic
Funerals

Answer

Wa`alykum As-Salamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Brother in Islam, thanks a lot for your interesting question. It’s really a sign of your keenness in pursuit of knowledge. May Allah keep us all firm in the straight path!

First of all, it should be clear that Islam, as a divine religion, respects man when alive or dead. It’s totally rejected in Islam for one to show any sign of disrespect or harm to a dead body, for it’s a unique characteristic of Islam to cater for the welfare of man in this world and the world to come.

Answering the question you posed, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

“In Islam, funeral rites and practices have been prescribed by the divine law, in accordance with the dictates of Allah. According to this law, beginning from the time of Prophet Adam until the last Prophet, Muhammad, peace and blessing be upon them all, burying the dead has been the prescribed method of conveying the deceased to their graves. We have no mention anywhere that cremation was acceptable in any of the previous dispensations from Allah.

Allah says in the Qur’an: “We have honored sons of Adam.” (Al-Isra’: 70) In keeping with the spirit of this Qur’anic verse, according to the Muslim scholars, it is necessary for us to treat the human body with the utmost of respect not only when a person is alive, but also when he/she is dead.

Incinerating the corpse or discarding bodies to be eaten by vultures, wild beasts, etc., is considered sacrilege and abhorrent and, therefore, forbidden according to Islam.

One of the reasons for this is that our knowledge of what happens to the person after death is limited, and, therefore, Allah alone knows what is good and bad for us in an ultimate sense.

What should be remembered here is that we should treat the deceased person with the utmost of compassion, just as we would treat a person who is alive.

In short, cremation is not a divinely instituted method of burying the human body after death. Like all other man-made institutions, cremation is based on partial knowledge. It is only Allah, our Creator, “who knows what ails us as well as what benefits us.” (Al-Baqarah: 220)

Another important observation is that it has been proven that burying the dead is more environmentally friendly than cremation. This further confirms the dictum that Allah has “forbidden for us only what is injurious or harmful for us (or for our environment.)”

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: http://www.islam.ca

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545494

alcurad
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
in short, it doesn't have anything at all to do with the soul having a place to return to, rather it's common practice bury the dead in the earth not burn them etc.

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2008, 08:01 PM

So what about a Muslim who may have been burnt to death in a house fire or in a car crash? is he/she condemned?

A cremated corpse is no diffrent from one that has been uncovered in the grave, just less to be found.
:)

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Another important observation is that it has been proven that burying the dead is more environmentally friendly than cremation. This further confirms the dictum that Allah has “forbidden for us only what is injurious or harmful for us (or for our environment.)”
Not convinced with that. You're running out of space, the earth cannot cater for over a billion or so more corpses. It's not eco friendly. :)

aamirsaab
12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
So what about a Muslim who may have been burnt to death in a house fire or in a car crash? is he/she condemned?
That's a different circumstance. Burning to death is not the same as burning a dead body into ashes, rather than burying it.

And no, they wouldn't be condemnded for it (well, not for being burnt to death anyway)

جوري
12-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Not convinced with that. You're running out of space, the earth cannot cater for over a billion or so more corpses. It's not eco friendly. :)
It catered to them in life, it can in death.. besides considering many cremate it makes room for those others who have no desire to cremate..

Do you think the Ganges River is eco-friendly? that place is a cesspool
Health & Science
More
CBNNews Health & Science

The Ganges River: Wallowing in Pollution

CBNNews.com
February 6, 2007

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/100003.aspx

جوري
12-10-2008, 08:13 PM
That's a different circumstance. Burning to death is not the same as burning a dead body into ashes, rather than burying it.

And no, they wouldn't be condemnded for it (well, not for being burnt to death anyway)
Those who have died in a fire are considered martyrs as those who drown.. and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-10-2008, 08:15 PM
It is from the guidance of the Messenger of Allah, sall-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, that people are buried when they die. And the guidance of the Messenger, sall-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam is the best.

Subhanallah, I see people going to the doctors, nobody ask the doctor: "Hey, doc, how does this pill work?" and nobody says: "I won't take this pill till I don't know what it does!" Yet, when it comes to the religion, people let their whims ride them as horses.

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2008, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
It catered to them in life, it can in death.. besides considering many cremate it makes room for those others who have no desire to cremate..

Do you think the Ganges River is eco-friendly? that place is a cesspool
Health & Science
More
CBNNews Health & Science

The Ganges River: Wallowing in Pollution

CBNNews.com
February 6, 2007

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/100003.aspx
I know that, that has no connection with Sikhism.

People of Christian faith get cremated too.

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-10-2008, 08:18 PM

It has connection with eco-problems. It shows that cremation is an eco-problem, not a solution.

جوري
12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdu-l-Majeed
It is from the guidance of the Messenger of Allah, sall-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, that people are buried when they die. And the guidance of the Messenger, sall-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam is the best.

Subhanallah, I see people going to the doctors, nobody ask the doctor: "Hey, doc, how does this pill work?" and nobody says: "I won't take this pill till I don't know what it does!" Yet, when it comes to the religion, people let their whims ride them as horses.
That is because a Doctor's visit takes no more than 9-12 minutes.. Thank God.. also we should praise Allah swt for the wonder of modern anesthesiology-- sleeping pts are happy and so are their doctors =)

:w:

AvarAllahNoor
12-10-2008, 08:22 PM
It has connection with eco-problems. It shows that cremation is an eco-problem, not a solution.
Neither is burial, where does that leave us? like I said, I have no reason to support one over the other as we're free to choose either. We don't apply much empasis upon a corpse, for some it is revvered and this causes it to be a sin. (worship of Saint's graves etc)

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Who says we're free to choose?

جوري
12-11-2008, 12:18 AM

Why do you think the Ganges is so polluted? further, who cares if Christians cremate? Christians also worship a man so where does that leave us?

AvarAllahNoor
12-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Who says we're free to choose?
I was saying Sikhs are free to choose, not Muslims.

Abdu-l-Majeed
12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Neither is burial, where does that leave us? like I said, I have no reason to support one over the other as we're free to choose either. We don't apply much empasis upon a corpse, for some it is revvered and this causes it to be a sin. (worship of Saint's graves etc)
The decomposition is a natural process, it happens everywhere and all pver the world. Imagine the numblerless tons of leaves begin decomposed every year without a problem.

The guidance of Muhammad, sall-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam, is the best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.