/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Hijab

Leyla73
12-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone,
Ok, so I come from Chechnya, and everyone (well like 99% for sure) is Muslim. But no women wear the hijab. They cover their head, don't wear pants (and if they do, only with tuniques that come till their knees), wear skirts that cover their knees and that aren't too tight, shirt sleeves have to be till the elbow, don't have hair in their face or anything...etc. Anyways, they just dress really closed
And that all doesn't count? I mean, it's not considered as something halal? :cry:

Peace :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohsen1985
12-10-2008, 06:26 PM
As far as I know women are supposed to cover their hand down to their wrist, their feet can only be uncovered and they have to cover their necks and ears and the rest of their body

crayon
12-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm sure dressing modestly is considered better than dressing like a hooker, but ultimately, hijab is fard, which makes covering the whole body except the hands and face (which some people believe should be covered too, even) obligatory. :) So I think it's good for someone to dress modestly, but I think the aim should be to gradually wear a proper hijab inshallah.

islamirama
12-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Six criteria for Hijab.

According to Qur’an and Sunnah there are basically six criteria for observing Hijab:

1. Extent: The first criterion is the extent of the body that should be covered. This is different for men and women. .
All the remaining five criteria are the same for men and women.
2. The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.
3. The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through them.
4. The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract the opposite sex.
5. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the opposite sex.
6. The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes

Hijab includes conduct and behavior among other things

Complete ‘Hijab’, besides the six criteria of clothing, also includes the moral conduct, behaviour, attitude and intention of the individual. A person only fulfilling the criteria of ‘Hijab’ of the clothes is observing ‘Hijab’ in a limited sense. ‘Hijab’ of the clothes should be accompanied by ‘Hijab’ of the eyes, ‘Hijab’ of the heart, ‘Hijab’ of thought and ‘Hijab’ of intention. It also includes the way a person walks, the way a person talks, the way he/she behaves, etc.

The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

The hijab is Tahara (Purity)

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hija and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner.' (S33:32)

Short Videos:

To the Women of Islam
http://www.youtube.com/v/-qjCuQVa8a8

6 criterias of the hijab
http://www.youtube.com/v/y-RTqMovNxo&rel=1&border=1

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Leyla73
12-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Thank you all for your replies! :)
When i read about the hijab, i have this feeling like if i have to wear it and stuff. But.. I just can't... And i don't even know why...
Maybe cause i'm really into fashion (but only closed type of clothes of course lol)
Anyways, it's weird...

Umu 'Isa
12-12-2008, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Leyla73
Thank you all for your replies! :)
When i read about the hijab, i have this feeling like if i have to wear it and stuff. But.. I just can't... And i don't even know why...
Maybe cause i'm really into fashion (but only closed type of clothes of course lol)
Anyways, it's weird...
Rasulullah (saws) said “Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will replace it for him with something better.”

Sister, you can be "fashionable" in front of your mahrams or in front of muslim women.. hijab doesn't mean you should dress ugly either! You can wear whatever you like as long as it meets the requirements of hijab, and if it doesn't wear it at home :)

What will you say to Allaah on yawm al qiyaamah (judgement day)? you didn't want to wear hijab because you were into fashion? This is just an excuse... What is stopping you from pleasing Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala? Come on, sister! you can do it! :)

Leyla73
12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umu 'Isa
Rasulullah (saws) said “Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will replace it for him with something better.”

Sister, you can be "fashionable" in front of your mahrams or in front of muslim women.. hijab doesn't mean you should dress ugly either! You can wear whatever you like as long as it meets the requirements of hijab, and if it doesn't wear it at home :)

What will you say to Allaah on yawm al qiyaamah (judgement day)? you didn't want to wear hijab because you were into fashion? This is just an excuse... What is stopping you from pleasing Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala? Come on, sister! you can do it! :)
I know that you're totally right! :statisfie
But i don't even know why i can't...
Anyways, maybe when i become little older i understand, and i will :)
By the way, at what age do you have to start wearing the hijab ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.