PDA

View Full Version : Military Helicopters Ruin Prayers For Eid

MARTYR
12-10-2008, 06:17 PM
"Peace! - a word from a Lord Most Merciful!"

[Holy Quran 36:58]

Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Two Military Choppers Hover Low Over Praying Muslims On Eid Day
COTABATO CITY -- While Muslims were performing the eid el adha congregational prayer, marking the culmination of the pilgrimage to Mecca, in open spaces in Cotabato City yesterday, December 8, two military helicopters flew low over their heads, raising anew the issue that the government is insensitive to the religious belief of the Muslims in Mindanao. The incident happened at around seven o’clock in the morning the time Muslims were performing the eid prayer.

The noise coming from the flying helicopters marred the concentration of those in attendance, who number by thousands. Others confessed later that they feared for the worst; meaning they feared the choppers would spray machinegun fire on them. Those who prayed at the Cotabato City Pilot Elementary School ground could hardly hear the khutbah (sermon) of the imam.

Eid el fitr and eid el adha are two important festivals in Islam. Eid el Fitr is observed after the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, and eid el adha is observed at the end of the performance of hajj (pilgrimage).

Eid el adha congregational prayers are done very early in the morning. After the eid prayer, those who can afford sacrifice an animal. Offering udhiyah during `eid el-adha is one of the Islamic rituals that are confirmed by various pieces of evidence of Shari `ah.

“Whatever is the mission of the two military helicopters is not our concern but disturbing Muslims who are performing prayer during one of the two important festivals in Islam shows that the Philippine government does not have the respect towards the Bangsamoro people and to Islam,” commented an enraged Muslim.

The sight of military helicopters alarmed the Muslims as they recall that on eid el adha celebration in year 2003 the Armed Forces of the Philippines bombarded the praying Muslims at Buliok complex.

In July 2000 all-out war President Joseph Estrada’s army occupied the lower portion of Camp Abubakar, pork and liquor were brought in to celebrate, which was unmistakably to revile Islam and the Moros. It was Eid Adha on February 11, 2003, when President Arroyo ordered the AFP to attack the MILF in Buliok Complex in Mguindanao and North Cotabato. The late Chairman Salamat Hashim was delivering his sermon when artillery and mortar shelling started to rain.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-10-2008, 08:02 PM
:sl:
Link/source please.

MARTYR
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Salaams

Source

prisonerofjoy.blogspot.com/ - 222k

The story has now been moved, click on to
the link, then scroll down to archive December
and it can be found.

Whatsthepoint
12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MARTYR
Those who prayed at the Cotabato City Pilot Elementary School ground could hardly hear the khutbah (sermon) of the imam.
Emmmm....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
12-11-2008, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Emmmm....
It's not a pilot training school :).

As for the topic; what a bunch of idiots. They clearly did that to piss muslims off.

Whatsthepoint
12-11-2008, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
It's not a pilot training school :).
What is it then?
I'm asking because I'm curious.

MARTYR
12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
It's not a pilot training school .

Salaams bro, good answer,

The mod asked me for the source,unfortunatley the
story got moved, and i tried to explain, but did not do
very well, Inshallah, at least the story is clear,
as for the hellicopters, i guess they were arrogant Yanks
what else could you expect of them.

aamirsaab
12-12-2008, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
What is it then?
I'm asking because I'm curious.
Just a regular elementary school for kids. Some info on it here

Don't know why they call it pilot elementary school though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.