/* */

PDA

View Full Version : George Bush talks faith

Eric H
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,
"I think anyone who murders to achieve their religious objective is not a religious person," he said. "They may think they're religious, and they play like they're religious, but I don't think they're religious. They are not praying to the God I pray to ... the God of peace and love."
He also said that going to war in Iraq "was not a religious decision."

Full story…http://www.sltrib.com/food/ci_11186994
If going to war was not a religious decision, what then did he base his decision on?

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
12-11-2008, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

If going to war was not a religious decision, what then did he base his decision on?

Eric
I would say it was based on national security concerns, faulty intelligence included.

When the president's CIA director bounces into the office and states that the case for WMD in Iraq is a "slam dunk", you would have to have some pretty credible evidence pointing in the other direction to change course. I'm referring to George Tenet of course, and one can find that statement of his all over the internet.

Wilma_Hum
12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Eric
Did you think Bush's decision to go to war WAS based on religion?

YusufNoor
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
"I think anyone who murders to achieve their religious objective is not a religious person," he said. "They may think they're religious, and they play like they're religious, but I don't think they're religious. They are not praying to the God I pray to ... the God of peace and love."
He also said that going to war in Iraq "was not a religious decision."
read it again! OF COURSE his decision to "MURDER TO ACHIEVE HIS RELIGIOUS OBJECTIVES" "was not a religious decision!" just cold hearted murder!

he may think he's religious, and he may play like he's religious, but i don't think he's religious!

actually, you could consider it relgious, the religion of SHAYTAN!

:w:

of course, with apologies to Keltoi...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Whatsthepoint
12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I thought he said God had told him to go to war.

crayon
12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I thought he said Gold had told him to go to war.
Bush may be delusional, but I don't think he's gotten to the stage where he believes metal is talking to him just yet.:p

As for the OP, I don't think pleasing God is the first thing on Bush's list of priorities...:rollseyes

Keltoi
12-12-2008, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I thought he said God had told him to go to war.
That came from a Palestinian diplomat who later corrected himself and stated that wasn't what Bush actually meant.

north_malaysian
12-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Source: UPI

WASHINGTON, Sept. 3 (UPI) -- Likely Republican U.S. vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin told her church congregation that the Iraq war was part of God's plan, a videotape revealed.

A 14-minute video of a speech the Alaska governor delivered in June to the Wasilla, Alaska, Assembly of God Church and posted Tuesday on the Huffington Post Web site showed her saying the United States' involvement in Iraq is "a task that is from God."

She is seen saying: "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending (troops) out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

In the speech, she tells the congregation that building a long-sought, 1,715-mile natural gas pipeline from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Alberta, Canada, is also part of God's plan.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x3468269

mohsen1985
12-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Reason #1: Oil (Iraq)
Reason #2: Uranium (Afghanistan)

I don't see religion, God, or anything else involved. All the weapons of mass destruction, terrorism and "faulty intelligence" were one big coverup.

Wilma_Hum
12-12-2008, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohsen1985

I don't see religion, God, or anything else involved. All the weapons of mass destruction, terrorism and "faulty intelligence" were one big coverup.
Or maybe:
Reason #1 (Iraq). Saddam was one of the most evil dictators in the world.
He was directly responsible for over a million people dieing.
He had most of the world believe he had WMD.
He would no comply with the agreements he made at the end of Gulf War I.
He tried to assonate a standing president of the United States.

Reason #2: (Afghanistan).
The Taliban terrorized there own people and supported and defended a group who declared war on the United States and made multiple attacks on its interest culminating to an attack the killed almost 3000 civilians.

My stance:
I don’t think it is in the best interest of the United States to turn a blind eye to any group that wages war on us and kills our civilians. To take no action against those who harbor and protect those who are at war against us seams to me to invite more of the same.

I did not nor do I support any action that is taking place in Iraq. But to accept any reason that makes Bush/America look evil and ignore all reasons that give any validation to Bush’s actions, in my opinion, can only be the result of one sided bias thinking.

mohsen1985
12-12-2008, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wilma_Hum
Or maybe:

The Taliban terrorized there own people and supported and defended a group who declared war on the United States and made multiple attacks on its interest culminating to an attack the killed almost 3000 civilians.

My stance:
I don’t think it is in the best interest of the United States to turn a blind eye to any group that wages war on us and kills our civilians. To take no action against those who harbor and protect those who are at war against us seams to me to invite more of the same.

I did not nor do I support any action that is taking place in Iraq. But to accept any reason that makes Bush/America look evil and ignore all reasons that give any validation to Bush’s actions, in my opinion, can only be the result of one sided bias thinking.
I find it really really hard to believe that a bunch of people living in Afghanistan with a couple of AK47s have the brains and the tools to pull off something like 9/11.

They claimed they've found a couple of abandoned cars with Microsoft Flight Simulator packages in them parked near the airport. I was in NYC when all this happened and I'm well informed of everything. I have a cousin, crazy about airplanes and becoming a pilot, who used that software for ages, and now that he's in flight school he can hardly fly a small 6 passenger 1 engine plane. Come on now, how could've they learned to fly a gigantic complex commercial airplane like that? No noob can navigate an airplane into a building like that.

You might say they were tall buildings and it was easy to crash a plane into them. What about the plane that crashed into the pentagon? It takes very precise navigations to do that, certainly not the job of someone who used flight simulator. The navigation system, precise banking, adjusting the speed, adjusting the decline speed. Watch some landing videos of airplanes, even the pros are off by a noticable distance when landing. This was certainly not the job of a noob non-pilot.

The taliban didn't kill 3000 civilians. Even if they did, bush killed tens of thousands of civilians, and don't expect to see these numbers in NY1, fox5, CNN, BBC or any other news channel.

Most of the world SUPPLIED those WMD to saddam. They have track of everything they gave him, what he used, where he stored them, and even the parts of Iran saddam targeted with those weapons. Don't tell me they're THAT stupid to just ship off bombs and missiles to saddam and not keep records of what he's been supplied with.

And who was saddam a greater threat to? Iran or USA? Did he share borders with Iran or USA? Imagine if Iran said something like: saddam's a great threat to us, he's attacked us before and we fear he'll do it again, so we'll go into war with them. Wouldn't the entire world rise up against Iran? saddam's gone anyway, why won't they take their troops out? And all that faulty intelligence is one big childish lie. Only an idiot would fall for such a lie. What, the "World power" with all its advanced technology, sattelites, and see-through-walls-cameras and scanners couldn't see into a couple of warehouses? Hah.

israel is killing thousand of innocent people, why won't USA take actions against them? AND they got nuclear wepoans. So who's the greater threat here? Saddam or israel? Plus, how could saddam attack USA? Put all his WMD in a big ship and head off to USA and bomb them? The worst he could do is shoot something in a 500 km distance.

Who wouldn't try and assassinate a US president? What's with all the bodyguards and security when they go off to other countries? What's with all the protests as a welcome? What would make saddam any different?

So what can you conclude from all this? That USA wants to be the evil world dictator and kills anyone who stands in their way. They want to protect themselves from their enemies? Do it in your own land, the place where it's a 14 hour flight from where their troops are now.

Fishman
12-12-2008, 08:34 PM
:sl:
George Bush talks faith
It probably went something like this:
'Iraq did have WMDs! I know it, I have faith in it!'

Wilma_Hum
12-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I find it really really hard to believe that a bunch of people living in Afghanistan with a couple of AK47s have the brains and the tools to pull off something like 9/11.

They claimed they've found a couple of abandoned cars with Microsoft Flight Simulator packages in them parked near the airport. I was in NYC when all this happened and I'm well informed of everything. I have a cousin, crazy about airplanes and becoming a pilot, who used that software for ages, and now that he's in flight school he can hardly fly a small 6 passenger 1 engine plane. Come on now, how could've they learned to fly a gigantic complex commercial airplane like that? No noob can navigate an airplane into a building like that.

You might say they were tall buildings and it was easy to crash a plane into them. What about the plane that crashed into the pentagon? It takes very precise navigations to do that, certainly not the job of someone who used flight simulator. The navigation system, precise banking, adjusting the speed, adjusting the decline speed. Watch some landing videos of airplanes, even the pros are off by a noticable distance when landing. This was certainly not the job of a noob non-pilot.

The taliban didn't kill 3000 civilians. Even if they did, bush killed tens of thousands of civilians, and don't expect to see these numbers in NY1, fox5, CNN, BBC or any other news channel.

Most of the world SUPPLIED those WMD to saddam. They have track of everything they gave him, what he used, where he stored them, and even the parts of Iran saddam targeted with those weapons. Don't tell me they're THAT stupid to just ship off bombs and missiles to saddam and not keep records of what he's been supplied with.

And who was saddam a greater threat to? Iran or USA? Did he share borders with Iran or USA? Imagine if Iran said something like: saddam's a great threat to us, he's attacked us before and we fear he'll do it again, so we'll go into war with them. Wouldn't the entire world rise up against Iran? saddam's gone anyway, why won't they take their troops out? And all that faulty intelligence is one big childish lie. Only an idiot would fall for such a lie. What, the "World power" with all its advanced technology, sattelites, and see-through-walls-cameras and scanners couldn't see into a couple of warehouses? Hah.

israel is killing thousand of innocent people, why won't USA take actions against them? AND they got nuclear wepoans. So who's the greater threat here? Saddam or israel? Plus, how could saddam attack USA? Put all his WMD in a big ship and head off to USA and bomb them? The worst he could do is shoot something in a 500 km distance.

Who wouldn't try and assassinate a US president? What's with all the bodyguards and security when they go off to other countries? What's with all the protests as a welcome? What would make saddam any different?

So what can you conclude from all this? That USA wants to be the evil world dictator and kills anyone who stands in their way. They want to protect themselves from their enemies? Do it in your own land, the place where it's a 14 hour flight from where their troops are now.
You want to ignore a million facts and believe the CIA did it.
Fine.

YusufNoor
12-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Or maybe:

yes, but his sponsor was the US.

most of his killing he did for the US

OF COURSE we believed he had WMDs, we GAVE them to him!

don't believe everything you here from a 50+ year CIA man...

what evidence do you have for that? the Taliban offered to deal with him if they were provided with some evidence!

My stance:

much like the gulf of Tonkin, we have been lied to in order for the MEGA corporations to reap proffits!

it is believed that MORE people will die because Bush had the EPA LIE and say that the environment in NY was safe...

I did not nor do I support any action that is taking place in Iraq. But to accept any reason that makes Bush/America look evil and ignore all reasons that give any validation to Bush’s actions, in my opinion, can only be the result of one sided bias thinking

you needed to learn more about false flag operations and especially the history of the Bush family. Papa Bush was in on the Kennedy assassination and Grandpa Prescott funded the NAZIs before and DURING WWII! grandpa also groomed one Richard M Nixon!
here's one FACT: Usama bin Laden IS on the FBI's most wanted list, HOWEVER he is NOT wanted for 9/11/01!

why? because the FBI has NO SOLID EVIDENCE that he was involved in 9/11/01!

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/fugitives/laden.htm

we won't even mention that over 1/3 of the "hijackers" are STILL ALIVE!!

Fishman
12-12-2008, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
here's one FACT: Usama bin Laden IS on the FBI's most wanted list, HOWEVER he is NOT wanted for 9/99/01!
And I should think not, respectable organisations like the CIA would without a doubt accept the 12-month calendar rather than these newfangled hundred-month ones!

Tony
12-13-2008, 12:11 AM
George Bush is definateley talking somethig, dont think its faith tho :D

Questfortruth
12-13-2008, 12:18 AM
These threads tend to be such a waste of time. "George Bush is a saint. No, Bush is the devil." I believe Bin Ladin did 911 as his son said he did it. Just because someone lives in a cave does not make them stupid. Also even if Bin Laden did 9/11 still does not justify killing civilians in Afganistan. I believe George Bush is a Radical Christian.

Güven
12-13-2008, 12:22 AM
I believe hes an luciferian :skeleton:

Tony
12-13-2008, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I believe hes an luciferian :skeleton:
wossa:?t

Questfortruth
12-13-2008, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Luciferian: Of or pertaining to Lucifer; having the pride of Lucifer; satanic; devilish

www.dictionary.com

Güven
12-13-2008, 12:29 AM
luciferianism

and all of the members of NWO :skeleton:

Tony
12-13-2008, 12:29 AM
oh right. Yes hes definatley a lying, cheating, hedonistic tyrant, which pretty much amounts to same thing. Makes me hope for quick emergence of Mehdi

Questfortruth
12-13-2008, 12:31 AM
oh right. Yes hes definatley a lying, cheating, hedonistic tyrant, which pretty much amounts to same thing. Makes me hope for quick emergence of Mehdi
Why Mehdi a.s.? Put your trust in Allah s.w.t. Insh'Allah

Fishman
12-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Do you know what the best thing about the Bush presidency is though?

Questfortruth
12-13-2008, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Destruction of American economy?

Tony
go on

Fishman
go on
Its nearly over! :D

Tony
12-13-2008, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
Why Mehdi a.s.? Put your trust in Allah s.w.t. Insh'Allah
just that it would mean an end to it all soon

Tony
12-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Heard that :D

mohsen1985
12-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Fine.
I'm sorry, but your statement that there are a million facts against what I said isn't a strong argument. Provide some valid details. Everything I said has historical documentation.

crayon
12-13-2008, 09:52 AM
http://www.backwardsbush.com/
:D

S1aveofA11ah
12-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Fine.
Why couldn't the CIA do it?. Just because they have a name - 'the CIA' it doesn't mean they could not have been behind it. The CIA trained and supported their Tailban friends (and Bin Laden) in a massive operation to defeat the Russian superpower in the eighties. That resulted in the deaths of thousands of people.

Just type in CIA exposed in youtube and see a wealth of info.

Fishman
12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
Why couldn't the CIA do it?. Just because they have a name - 'the CIA' it doesn't mean they could not have been behind it. The CIA trained and supported their Tailban friends (and Bin Laden) in a massive operation to defeat the Russian superpower in the eighties. That resulted in the deaths of thousands of people.

Just type in CIA exposed in youtube and see a wealth of info.
Nobody is saying the CIA couldn't have done it if they wanted too. If they wanted to, America could change into an evil Nazi super empire tomorrow and use its B2 bombers and nuclear missiles to conquer the world. Just because the CIA could (and would given the right situation) do something like that doesn't mean that they did!

mohsen1985
12-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not saying the CIA did it, I'm just saying that Bin Ladan didn't do it. The US government could have asked France, Germany, UK or any other country to do it. The so called "evidence" they've provided is nothing but a bunch of jibberish, just like their evidence of saddam's weapons of mass destruction. It's all a bunch of excuses to get their troops here and steal oil and uranium!

Pygoscelis
12-30-2008, 08:18 AM

Religion is only rarely the reason. But it is often the explanation and justification. And if I recall correctly Bush did use it in that fashion.

Pygoscelis
12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
George Bush is definateley talking somethig, dont think its faith tho :D
Faith is belief without evidence, belief by wanting to believe. That is definitely what happened with Bush re the WMDs.

MKE Brother
12-30-2008, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Faith is belief without evidence, belief by wanting to believe.
I have faith that Obama will right some of the wrongs of the past 8 years. My money, my time and my vote went to him. Let us pray that I was right.

rpwelton
12-30-2008, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MKE Brother
I have faith that Obama will right some of the wrongs of the past 8 years. My money, my time and my vote went to him. Let us pray that I was right.
The only thing I fear about Obama is that he appeared to be constantly reinforcing the fact that he's not Muslim during his campaign. Any time he even came close to being associated with Islam he wiped it off like it was a disease. I just hope that he does not feel like he needs to prove himself by being tougher on the Muslims. Granted, McCain didn't seem any better.

I do think he will get us out of Iraq, but it's not entirely up to him. The US broke the country, so it depends how long it's going to take to fix it. Maybe we'll never get out; I don't know. I feel we will be in Afghanistan for a long time, and it now appears that Pakistan might be on the chopping block. Again, I think McCain would probably be making the same decisions (although he would probably never want to leave Iraq, where at least Obama appears to want to leave).

Zamtsa
12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Bismillahi aktubu,

LETTER TO GEORGE W.BUSH, THE EX PRESIDENT OF USA

This sequence of you Bush was that of this verse in Kitabullah/Kalamullah:

A. Yusuf Ali Quran TranslationSurah Al-Baqara Ruku 2 Surah 2Madina (87) 286 Ayahs40 Rukus

Al Baqarah (2):8 Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day" but they do not (really) believe.
9 Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe but they only deceive themselves and realize (it) not!

You reacted "I'm not a religious." That's right. That above is you're condtion

10 In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease and grievous is the penalty they (incur) because they are false (to themselves).

You got sickness in your heart, that's why you said "I'm doing it not for God. (You were recorded as saying that the war of Iraq was because of God's message to yourself, and now you change it into "I'm not doing it because of religion or Millat). Yeah right, after you claim your booty, Kaafir!.

11 When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth" they say: "Why we only want to make peace!"
12 Of a surety they are the ones who make mischief but they realize (it) not.

This is what happen in the era of water pollution, air pollution and nuclear radioactive radiation as the result of wars. It will also happen to you Bush even before you die, you will feel the pain of being Kafir

QS.Muhammad (47):20 Those who believe say "Why is not a Surah sent down (for us)?" But when a Surah of basic or categorical meaning is revealed and fighting is mentioned therein thou wilt see those in whose hearts is a disease looking at thee with a look of one in swoon at the approach of death: but more fitting for them

He will never be like Muslim who do Jihad Fisabilillah.

47:23 Such are the men whom Allah has cursed for He has made them deaf and blinded their sight. 4848

He was known as stubborn or stone head and offcourse deaf.

47:24 Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur'an or are their hearts locked up by them?

He was making a hole to Al Qur'an, when torturing the Journalist.

47:27 But how (will it be) when the angels take their souls at death and smite their faces and their backs?

This is if you do not become Muslim and be responsible for all the life and honour that you took.

QS.9:35 On the day when heat will be produced out of that (WEALTH) in the fire of hell and with it will be branded their foreheads their flanks and their backs "this is the (treasure) which ye buried for yourselves: taste ye then the (treasures) ye buried!" 1293 1294

You will be burn by all that money from Iraq which you STEALED from their oil.

QS.21:39 IF ONLY the Unbelievers knew (the time) when they will not be able to ward off the Fire from their faces nor yet from their backs and (when) no help can reach them!

Assalamu manit taba'al huda.

malayloveislam
01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Nobody know what had happened to the butcher Ariel Sharon huh...What is he dealing now with Allah for the things that he had done to Muslims and humanity. Bush the Butcher too will be dealing with Him like everyone else. You can win in the World but you are not immortal.You had over-shadowing the Power of Lord Allah of taking human-life and stealing the properties in Muslim countries. What is the role of the so-called Christians in the US? Where is the Love? Where is what you had preached?? The so-called Love??? Is that only legends in your religion??? When you keep mourning on the unknown hijack of the WTC, you are just watching in silence or support to Israeli because of the "Chosen Israel Myth". Muslim life is less important than animals while they are human if they are not the same religion with you??

MKE Brother
01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
The only thing I fear about Obama is that he appeared to be constantly reinforcing the fact that he's not Muslim during his campaign. Any time he even came close to being associated with Islam he wiped it off like it was a disease. I just hope that he does not feel like he needs to prove himself by being tougher on the Muslims. Granted, McCain didn't seem any better.
That was nothing but politics. People kept asking the question, he had to answer it. If people had simply took his answer at face value the first 5 times he had answered the "religion" question we would not have had to hear him answer it 50 times.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.