/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Urdu Man

Yanal
12-12-2008, 11:31 PM
:sl:
I can't believe that a visiting imam told us this joke:
There was a white man drowning in a lake and a Urdu man was walking (he didn't understand English but some how knew he needed help so he swam and saved him and brought him to shore. The whiteman said " Thank you" then the Urdu man thought he was saying throw me in Urdu which is "pako". And threw him and left.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
12-13-2008, 12:03 AM
first time i've heard someone being called an urdu man lol

the joke is totally wrong though

when you tell someone to throw something in urdu, you say phanko which I suppose rhymes with thank you, hence the man not understanding and throwing the englishman back in the water

however it's not a racist joke so don't be shocked at the imam - it's meant to show the funny side of language barriers

Yanal
12-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Sorry my bad. No I meant a joke by a imam in a masjid what's up with that.

Snowflake
12-13-2008, 12:48 AM
lol bro, he's only human and can't be perfect all the time but it does look like he forgot that the Prophet didn't even lie when joking. Just remind him the next time you see him inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
12-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Maybe I won't see him because he was visiting.

smile
12-15-2008, 07:53 PM
not so funnie!
sorrie!

Yanal
12-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Ok siater it was an imam joke what do you expect?

peaceandlove
05-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Not too funny , might be you use wrong word "thank you"

Fטлку
09-24-2009, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Ok siater it was an imam joke what do you expect?
The joke isn't funny but the comment is xD

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.